Wiki Posts
Search

Refund or switch routes?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2019, 4:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Honors Gold
Refund or switch routes?

I have the return portion of a JNB-FRA ticket in J booked for the 18th April. I don't need to go to JNB anymore and the refund amount is about £200. However as it's Easter that weekend and I don't need to be back in Europe until the 23rd April I quite fancy a short break somewhere that'll earn me 560 BAEC TPs. Could I get more value than the refund amount in finding an alternative QR destination and trying to include my existing booking to offset the price of a ticket to the new destination?
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:09 am
Original Poster

In case this is helpful for searches in the future: Once the outbound flight of a return journey has been taken QR allow the return flight to be flown to a different airport in the same country as the starting point or to an alternative airport in a different country within a 500 mile radius, subject to a change fee and difference in fare. The 'value' of the second half of the ticket cannot be applied to a different routing outside of these parameters.

There is also the option of amending the date of the return flight which is valid for one year after the date of the outbound flight.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 1:40 pm

Programs: QR Plat
mattyw, quick followup question:
If the ticket is e.g. xxx-MUC-DOH-BKK-DOH-MUC-xxx where xxx-MUC and v.v. is a connecting flight on a third party airline (but all on the same ticket, booked through QR), does the 500nm radius then apply from MUC or xxx?

-A
Old Apr 10, 2019, 2:13 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by ph-ndr
mattyw, quick followup question:
If the ticket is e.g. xxx-MUC-DOH-BKK-DOH-MUC-xxx where xxx-MUC and v.v. is a connecting flight on a third party airline (but all on the same ticket, booked through QR), does the 500nm radius then apply from MUC or xxx?

-A
I can't recall an example of a reroute within 500nm where there was a non-QR flight on the end of the itinerary. I believe the intent is for QR to reroute to another of their own destinations within a reasonable radius.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 7:06 am
Original Poster

I don't know the answer. I spoke to a helpful agent in the contact centre to help with my queries so I suggest that they'd be best placed to answer your specific question.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.