Qsuites for Solo Traveler

Old Mar 29, 19, 12:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Platinum, AA EXP, AS MVP75K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire
Qsuites for Solo Traveler

As a solo traveler, is it wise to assign yourself the middle seats that form the double bed so you can utilize that/try it out?

Or it’s just not worth the extra space and you should just choose a window in the odd numbered rows?
Old Mar 29, 19, 12:52 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum AMB, PrivilegeClub Gold
You can only select middle seats when travelling as a couple or more, they are blocked for single travellers.
Old Mar 29, 19, 1:47 am
dsf

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by NWplatinum View Post
As a solo traveler, is it wise to assign yourself the middle seats that form the double bed so you can utilize that/try it out?

Or it’s just not worth the extra space and you should just choose a window in the odd numbered rows?
For my upcoming Q Suite debut, I did neither! I'm in 10A (777-300er, rear facing, seat by the window) - curious why you think an even numbered window seat isn't even worth considering?
Old Mar 29, 19, 2:33 am

Programs: QR Gold (OWS) / EK Silver / EY Gold / SPG
As a solo traveler, I would always just go for the window seat as the privacy is incredible. On 77W, the preference would be 3,5,10 A/K. I wouldn't run the risk of picking the middle seat and then having someone next to me, unless I could be absolutely sure.
Old Mar 29, 19, 7:09 am

Programs: SPG GOLD, QR GOLD,OW S, IHG GOLD. HH SILVER
My go to seat is 3A/K .. last couple flights to and from JFK, as i entered the plane , i have inquired about any E/F open seats w. the cabin/flight supervisor and claimed them for sleeping.
Old Mar 29, 19, 11:40 am

Programs: AC,CX,KE,EK / IHG Spire, 1865 Gateway
1,3,5,8,10 A or K are the inner window seats/rear view ones. I have had 3A and 3Ks and loved them
Old Apr 6, 19, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards Platinum, AA EXP, AS MVP75K, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Spire
My BLR-DOH flight got downgraded to the old product. I was forced to be in 7A from DOH-IAH
Old Apr 10, 19, 1:44 pm
LRD

Programs: AA LT Plat/6MM, MVP 75K, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by manucanuck View Post
1,3,5,8,10 A or K are the inner window seats/rear view ones.
Are any of these seats missing a window? (I'm thinking of configurations like the 773, which is missing a window toward the back of business class - row 11 on AA's '77W' comes to mind.)
Old Apr 10, 19, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by LRD View Post
Are any of these seats missing a window? (I'm thinking of configurations like the 773, which is missing a window toward the back of business class - row 11 on AA's '77W' comes to mind.)
On the 777 200LR 10 A/K is missing the window right next to the seat, so be aware.
Old Apr 10, 19, 6:00 pm

Programs: AC,CX,KE,EK / IHG Spire, 1865 Gateway
Originally Posted by LRD View Post
6A or K on 773. Just go for 1,3,5,8,10 A or K IMO.. I’ve had 3A and 3K for all my qsuite (darn lucky) neither close to galley nor lavatory.
Old Apr 10, 19, 11:18 pm
Original Poster

I’m trying to preorder meals but don’t see the option when I go to manage my booking online. Does it have to be over a computer?
Old Apr 11, 19, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by NWplatinum View Post
I’m trying to preorder meals but don’t see the option when I go to manage my booking online. Does it have to be over a computer?
No. You can do it also with the app, but only 14 days before your Business/First-Class Flight.
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Apr 11, 19, 12:47 pm

Programs: THAI ROP SL, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, SQ KF GO, LCAH GO, Marriott BONVOY SL, HILTON GO
SPML are available on all flights while it seems that "Pre-Select Dining" is only available ex-DOH, because it's not showing up on my ex-JFK flight as an option

Manage flight
Modify seat selection
Meal preference
Purchase excess baggage
Cancel flight/Refund ticket
Update passenger details
Special request

Available 14 days to 24 hours prior to departure

Anyway these are the choices available for this week :

Main course
Aubergine tortellini with goat cheese•
Parmesan, sauteed spinach and lemon cream sauce