Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

what does it mean exactly "no show penalty"?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2019, 1:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar PC,Iberia

Sorry if that has been threaded previously but I don't clearly understand when the "no show penalty" could be used by the airline
Thanks
P
Old Mar 9, 2019, 1:35 am

Programs: BAEC
Basically, if you fail to turn up for your flight as scheduled, but you then later want to use the residual value of the ticket for an alternative flight. The no show penalty is used in addition to a change penalty to recover the value of the ticket and reissue it for another date.

If you no show and just want to forget the ticket then there is no penalty to pay other than the full value of the ticket.
ptalegui and NJSwamplands like this.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 1:28 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
If i remember well i changed for a friend a ticket QR because a mess with Turkish Airline Antalya-Istanbul separate flight.

I called QR to change the flight.
Because it was in the 3h time windows of the flight departure, QR was already considering as "no show".

She ended to pay no show + ticket change.
ptalegui likes this.
Old Mar 9, 2019, 5:01 pm

Programs: BAEC
I think you're right, for QR the no show penalty cuts in for changes invoked at T -3h or later. I think there was a thread about a flight from Malta to north Africa and a tight connection to a QR itenary that mentioned that.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 3:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar PC,Iberia
Thank you for a very clear explanation!!!!, ^^
P.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.