Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Success story: QR Doha contact centre (Y to J Qmiles upgrade)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite

We all know that QR's contact centre is hit or miss (more miss than hit) and after the 'enhancements' they can't help you with issuance of award tickets, processing upgrades, etc. However, I recently had a lovely experience that deserves to be shared.

I have a slightly complex itinerary for my upcoming business trip in Y - 3 different airlines (long haul segments on QR) on 2 separate tickets but all under one PNR. It was booked by our corporate travel provider. I wanted to upgrade SIN-DOH-ARN with Qmiles and saw that there was award space availability. However, when I tried using the online upgrade function it indicated that no upgrades were available. After a few days of trying online I called up QR's contact centre in Doha where the CSO confirmed that upgrade space was available and perhaps because I had 2 separate tickets under one PNR the system wasn't letting me upgrade. She went on to manually try and upgrade me but she too faced issues. In the meantime she got her manager on the case and blocked one of the 2 available J award upgrade seats so that I wouldn't lose it. She said she'll work on the case and call me back. After an hour her manager called me & said that their system wasn't reissuing the ticket but rest assured a J seat had been blocked for me. He said he'd continue to work on the matter and give me a call within 24 hours. 24 hours later my ticket was reissued and he called again to confirm this

Kudos to the CSO and her manager for getting this resolved with minimal hassle for me.
NoY, RSDoha, Traveller999 and 4 others like this.

Last edited by lifeonthego_k; Mar 5, 2019 at 10:39 pm
Old Mar 5, 2019, 9:36 pm

Programs: FB, MM, QR
This is actually really uplifting. I had a pleasant experience booking a stop-over recently. I wasn't sure if I was eligible, so I e-mailed them. Had a very nice response that they'd look into it. I was happy with just the e-mail as I assumed I wasn't eligible, but a few hours later a confirmation went through.

Sometimes a few nice words do wonders.
lifeonthego_k likes this.
Old Mar 5, 2019, 10:59 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
Originally Posted by lifeonthego_k
We all know that QR's contact centre is hit or miss (more miss than hit) and after the 'enhancements' they can't help you with issuance of award tickets, processing upgrades, etc. However, I recently had a lovely experience that deserves to be shared.

I have a slightly complex itinerary for my upcoming business trip in Y - 3 different airlines (long haul segments on QR) on 2 separate tickets but all under one PNR. It was booked by our corporate travel provider. I wanted to upgrade SIN-DOH-ARN with Qmiles and saw that there was award space availability. However, when I tried using the online upgrade function it indicated that no upgrades were available. After a few days of trying online I called up QR's contact centre in Doha where the CSO confirmed that upgrade space was available and perhaps because I had 2 separate tickets under one PNR the system wasn't letting me upgrade. She went on to manually try and upgrade me but she too faced issues. In the meantime she got her manager on the case and blocked one of the 2 available J award upgrade seats so that I wouldn't lose it. She said she'll work on the case and call me back. After an hour her manager called me & said that their system wasn't reissuing the ticket but rest assured a J seat had been blocked for me. He said he'd continue to work on the matter and give me a call within 24 hours. 24 hours later my ticket was reissued and he called again to confirm this

Kudos to the CSO and her manager for getting this resolved with minimal hassle for me.
That´s how CR from an 5* airline should be. But unfortunately it is a an very rare exception, but absolutely worth to mention.
lifeonthego_k and NoY like this.
Old Mar 6, 2019, 2:03 pm

Programs: BAEC
No idea if this is possible but it might be worth asking the crew if you could stay onboard....
Old Mar 6, 2019, 9:58 pm

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Somnifer
This is actually really uplifting. I had a pleasant experience booking a stop-over recently. I wasn't sure if I was eligible, so I e-mailed them. Had a very nice response that they'd look into it. I was happy with just the e-mail as I assumed I wasn't eligible, but a few hours later a confirmation went through.

Sometimes a few nice words do wonders.

Just wondering, why or why wouldn't you be eligible? is there a criteria?
Old Mar 7, 2019, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by AbuCordoba
Just wondering, why or why wouldn't you be eligible? is there a criteria?
This was about 5 weeks ago, right before they changed some rules, and you had to have a layover of more than 8 hours, but I thought there couldn't be any connections with shorter layovers available. So I asked.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 6:02 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks, so if you have a layover of 8 hours of more in theory you can have a stop over and make the break longer? Who did you speak to as this could be really handy for me.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by AbuCordoba
Thanks, so if you have a layover of 8 hours of more in theory you can have a stop over and make the break longer? Who did you speak to as this could be really handy for me.
Hmm. It seems I was unclear in wording my first post. I wanted to book a longer layover, but wasn't sure if I'd be eligible for comp hotel stay because there were shorter connections available. I e-mailed them and Ines wrote back.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by plunet
No idea if this is possible but it might be worth asking the crew if you could stay onboard....
I've tried. They don't allow it. They need to deplane you, and then scan your boarding pass to keep their records straight. Yes, they could just take your boarding pass to the gate and scan it, but they don't/won't do that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.