FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Success story: QR Doha contact centre (Y to J Qmiles upgrade)
Old Mar 5, 2019, 7:04 pm
lifeonthego_k

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Success story: QR Doha contact centre (Y to J Qmiles upgrade)

We all know that QR's contact centre is hit or miss (more miss than hit) and after the 'enhancements' they can't help you with issuance of award tickets, processing upgrades, etc. However, I recently had a lovely experience that deserves to be shared.

I have a slightly complex itinerary for my upcoming business trip in Y - 3 different airlines (long haul segments on QR) on 2 separate tickets but all under one PNR. It was booked by our corporate travel provider. I wanted to upgrade SIN-DOH-ARN with Qmiles and saw that there was award space availability. However, when I tried using the online upgrade function it indicated that no upgrades were available. After a few days of trying online I called up QR's contact centre in Doha where the CSO confirmed that upgrade space was available and perhaps because I had 2 separate tickets under one PNR the system wasn't letting me upgrade. She went on to manually try and upgrade me but she too faced issues. In the meantime she got her manager on the case and blocked one of the 2 available J award upgrade seats so that I wouldn't lose it. She said she'll work on the case and call me back. After an hour her manager called me & said that their system wasn't reissuing the ticket but rest assured a J seat had been blocked for me. He said he'd continue to work on the matter and give me a call within 24 hours. 24 hours later my ticket was reissued and he called again to confirm this

Kudos to the CSO and her manager for getting this resolved with minimal hassle for me.

Last edited by lifeonthego_k; Mar 5, 2019 at 10:39 pm