Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Seat selection on Qatar with QF award booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2019, 4:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Virgin AU Platinum, United Gold, Hilton Diamond

Hi all,

Maybe one of the experienced guys with QR can help me out. I did book 2x 2 first class travels with Qatar via my QF points and wanna choose my seats to ensure we can sit together. As QR is the operating airline I guess I better ask here.
When accessing the booking via the QR website with the Qantas booking reference, I see all the flights and can go into the seat selection, but when trying to save I am getting the error message "We are unable to process your request. Please try again later.(IBE_99)"

It's my first time with QR. Anyone knows if any special procedure is needed?

Edit: OK looks like for whatever reason the same Frequent Flyer number is applied to me and my partner on the QR booking while the QF booking (and all other airlines CX, JL, IB, QF) have the correct numbers. Seems like QR system doesn't like that. Is that something that QR needs to fix, or QF?

Thanks all.

Cheers

Last edited by Hellboy666; Mar 4, 2019 at 4:42 am
Old Mar 9, 2019, 4:42 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Try to select your seat with QR app or another OneWorld airline website like AY one.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 7:13 am

Or just use your phone's browser. The mobile version of the site seems to do the job.

Last edited by angf1; Mar 11, 2019 at 7:32 am
Old Mar 11, 2019, 10:36 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by Hellboy666
Edit: OK looks like for whatever reason the same Frequent Flyer number is applied to me and my partner on the QR booking while the QF booking (and all other airlines CX, JL, IB, QF) have the correct numbers. Seems like QR system doesn't like that. Is that something that QR needs to fix, or QF?
I had this issue [Avios booking] - I think the solution was to remove both FFNs in QR MMB - save - then add them back in. Something about just trying to edit my partner's threw the error and thus wouldn't let it save - so I stripped it back to basics and got it to work.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 7:05 am

How can I remove FFNs in QR MMB? I cannot find it.

Should I cancel my QR act then back to manage booking to select seat?

Thank you.
Old Mar 12, 2019, 8:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Gold, TK M&S Nobody
Originally Posted by kiyotaka
How can I remove FFNs in QR MMB? I cannot find it.

Should I cancel my QR act then back to manage booking to select seat?

Thank you.
They're on the passenger detail page and [for me at least] were editable - I just deleted each and moved to the next, saved the detail, then went back in to add them again.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 2:44 pm

I had a similar seat selection problem with my friend's reservation I've upgraded to business class and after trying many oneworld website I could finaly select his seats using RJ website
Old Dec 18, 2019, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA EXPLT, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), HHonors Gold, AMEX PLT, UA Silver, National EXC
The RJ website finally worked for me. Thank you!

What is super weird is on the RJ site I can see each of us with two AA FF numbers - one each is our actual number, followed by a second AA number that is the same for both (guessing something to do with the AA award ticket?)

Should I leave those second numbers just be for now? I logged into the QR site and it shows the seats now.
Old Dec 20, 2019, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by fotoflyer88
The RJ website finally worked for me. Thank you!

What is super weird is on the RJ site I can see each of us with two AA FF numbers - one each is our actual number, followed by a second AA number that is the same for both (guessing something to do with the AA award ticket?)

Should I leave those second numbers just be for now? I logged into the QR site and it shows the seats now.
Good to hear RJ website worked for you too ;-)
Airline systems allow up to 4 FF numbers, amongst them FQTV represents the flyer FFN and FQTR the FFN used for redemption tickets. But airline websites/apps often don’t handle them correctly. Even if you remove 1 or both of them, it won’t help to choose seats on QR website, so no need to do that...
fotoflyer88 likes this.
Old Jan 25, 2020, 5:56 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by Matt4
I had a similar seat selection problem with my friend's reservation I've upgraded to business class and after trying many oneworld website I could finaly select his seats using RJ website
Thanks for that great tip!

AA has put a second FF number into our bookings - the same number for both bookings - and that seems to be freaking the QR web site out. The phone app didn't work either and the FF numbers were not editable in the Qantas site. So really happy to find this RJ solution.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 8:58 am

Programs: AS MVP 75K, AAdvantage Gold, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by Matt4
Lifesaver. No more waiting on hold with Qatar on my award booking. So painless! Thanks Matt4!
Old Jun 13, 2020, 10:10 pm

Just ticketed two separate reservations, BA and AA on QR and both cannot select seats. Is this the Covid feature? I can select seats on QR issued ticket.
Old Jun 22, 2020, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas Platinum, Virgin AU Platinum, United Gold, Hilton Diamond
Oh this threat still lives.
I couldn’t work it out via other airlines webpages. Also deleting the FF numbers didn’t help, after saving ang going back in they were still there

So in the end it was pretty painless after calling Qatar and they assigned the seats.
Spoiler

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.