Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

WARNING ALERT to Privilege Club Members - loss of QMiles

WARNING ALERT to Privilege Club Members - loss of QMiles

Old Apr 3, 20, 8:44 am
Original Poster

Angry WARNING ALERT to Privilege Club Members - loss of QMiles

If you have QMiles set to expire in the next 30-180 days, you are ALREADY out of luck. Even though restrictions & warnings exist in many Countries to prevent travel during this time, QR STILL INTENDS to terminate your QMiles on the scheduled date. In addition, QR has also now CLOSED their online E-Shop to prevent Privilege Club Members from using their QMiles to make merchandise purchases. These actions are not only the most anti-consumer of any airline frequent flyer program to which we belong, but they are simply unethical & dishonest. In addition, QR is STILL CHARGING a fee to let you extend the QMiles you cannot currently use, &/or QR is "preventing" you from using online.
What a full-blown SCAM by QR. Who in QR Management thinks this will NOT blow up in their face?
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Apr 3, 20, 11:47 am

Programs: BAEC, Accor
You might want to review this thread where it is evident that QRPC are in the process of making some changes to soften the impact of the current situation (which is not the airlines fault) for their QRPC members. It's obviously a work in progress and goingplacestogether is using the feedback provided in that thread to feed back internally.

This is a difficult situation for all concerned, so some patience and understanding would be useful.
blackdog047 and meelosh like this.
Old Apr 3, 20, 2:55 pm

Programs: QR Plat
When dealing with airlines these days you should be familiar with corporate double speak, and that the airline giveth and the airline taketh. Or the airline simply "enhances", the Penn and Teller act of customer service. I tend to approach airlines with a fair level of nihilism and then try to be pleasantly surprised when things work out. Try it, it works.

-A
thijsseh likes this.
Old May 31, 20, 5:15 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
It is extremely infuriating and indicates that if you go on to keep using Qatar and their 'loyalty' scheme that they will take no steps whatsoever to help preserve your hard earnt (and paid for in the price of a ticket !) QMiles should something global occur again.
this provides no security.
Would you save money in a bank account which offered no security to your money in the event of a recession or global incident ?
NoY likes this.
Old May 31, 20, 11:19 am

Programs: QR Plat
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus View Post
Would you save money in a bank account which offered no security to your money in the event of a recession or global incident ?
I'll bite.

I wouldn't, but then the membership in QRPC can hardly be compared to a bank in value; it's not a well kept secret that QR does run it's customer service similar to other airlines focused on cost. They wil give you exactly what the paperwork says they should deliver, and if you step outside that then you are on your own. Like many, we fly QR because of the fares available (at least up until this global kerfuffle started), and not because QRPC is awesome.

-A
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Jun 22, 20, 5:34 am

Programs: BA Gold
Just received a mail that they're going to extend the Qmiles:
To ensure that you are getting the best from your Privilege Club membership, we are extending all Qmiles due to expire this June, to 31 March 2021. Look out for the change to your Qmiles expiry date, coming soon.We also recently made it easier for you to fly using your Qmiles, by removing award flight booking fees. So that when the right time comes to explore together again, you can do so using your Qmiles and book fee-free with ease, at qmiles.com or via the mobile app.
plunet and Sisyphus1carus like this.
Old Jun 22, 20, 11:41 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Exclamation

Originally Posted by ToKo View Post
Just received a mail that they're going to extend the Qmiles:

I hope so.
I am yet to receive such an email and my miles expire in a week !
Panic is setting in !

What level in Qatar's FFP are you ? Wondering if that's relevant.
Old Jun 22, 20, 9:59 pm

Programs: QRPC Silver, BA Gold
I got the email too... was about to spend 180k but they emailed and extended till March. Iím silver, was plat for a few years but their mad devaluation drove me to BAEC.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: