Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

Paid access to al marjoun lounge (Qatar business class lounge)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paid access to al marjoun lounge (Qatar business class lounge)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2018, 2:13 am

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Might be better to hang out at Caviar House :-)
Old Oct 9, 2018, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by makrom
But I wasn't really trying to correct you.
Not to worry, taken in the good spirit which you intended.

Reminds me of what someone once posted on FT, -- If you take your wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend on a trip and you turn left on boarding s/he will never be willing to turn right again.
Old Oct 9, 2018, 10:42 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by daniellam
Originally Posted by R2
If you think being in a lounge is something very special, then maybe yes. But these lounges get just as busy and the F&B on offer is really nothing that special. I would find the nicest restaurant at the airport (if there is one) and treat yourselves to a nice meal there.
I would agree against trying to buy lounge access. Al Mourjan isn't quite worth $120. Instead I think @daniellam's suggestion is a great one, Caviar House can be really quite nice.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 12:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by daniellam
Originally Posted by clubeurope
I would agree against trying to buy lounge access. Al Mourjan isn't quite worth $120. Instead I think @daniellam's suggestion is a great one, Caviar House can be really quite nice.
Yeah, for $120 you can get some good stuff. Back when it was cheaper, I used to visit Caviar House at LHR whenever I passed through T3.
clubeurope likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2018, 10:11 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
If one really wants lounge access at HIA, many Priority Pass Lounges offer paid access in addition to Priority Pass - and Diners, Lounge Key, American Express Platunum, access. In this instance, however, it might be that rather than paid access, it’s also for those who pay for Al Maha arrival, transit or departure Gold or Platinum service. If not overly expensive, that might be impressive for honeymooning couples. See here.

Al Maha Transit Lounge (Priority Pass information)

Opening Hours 24 hours daily.

Location Airside - from the Teddy Bear Area, walk straight and take the lift on the right to Level 2. The lounge is located close to Gates A, B and C.

Conditions
Maximum 4 hour stay - Children under 5 years are admitted free - All children must be accompanied by an adult - Family room available - A la carte menu available, subject to payment - Alcoholic drinks are not available during the month of Ramadan - Business Center available - Smart casual dress at all times - Separate smoking lounge available.

Facilities
Disabled Access
Television
Soft beverages
Refreshments
Air Conditioning
Showers
Alcohol (except during Ramadan)
Newspapers/Magazines
Flight Information Monitor
DMC
Digital Card Accepted
Wi-Fi

Disclaimer: I’ve used Al Mourjan during my transfers as a QF Business class passenger. And they’re quite rigid about access, to to mention IMO the quoted price for Al Mourjan for cash access is totally out of proportion to what is on offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.