Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 24, 2018, 6:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: quinzinho
For those flying, by all means enter your flight details below so we can see if anyone is flying together.

Eating Options and Tips - https://trip101.com/article/penang-food-guide-23-things-that-will-make-your-waistline-grow

Activities and Experiences - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penang_Hill_Railway --- https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractions-g298302-Activities-Penang.html

Hotels - https://www.panpacific.com/en/hotels-and-resorts/pr-penang.html ---

27-OCT-18 BA2880 EDI-DOH msm2000uk
28-OCT-18 BA4488 DOH-PEN msm2000uk
30-OCT-18 BA4489 PEN-DOH msm2000uk
31-OCT-18 BA7009 DOH-LHR msm2000uk
31-OCT-18 BA1442 LHR-EDI msm2000uk

10-NOV-18 BA2880 EDI-DOH godsavethepoints
11-NOV-18 BA4488 DOH-PEN godsavethepoints
17-NOV-18 BA4489 PEN-DOH godsavethepoints
18-NOV-18 BA7007 DOH-LHR godsavethepoints
18-NOV-18 BA1446 LHR-EDI godsavethepoints

08-DEC-18 BA2880 EDI-DOH msm2000uk
08-DEC-18 BA2880 EDI-DOH scallywag72
09-DEC-18 BA4488 DOH-PEN msm2000uk
09-DEC-18 BA4488 DOH-PEN scallywag72
09-DEC-18 BA4489 PEN-DOH msm2000uk
09-DEC-18 BA4489 PEN-DOH scallywag72
10-DEC-18 BA7009 DOH-LHR msm2000uk
10-DEC-18 BA7009 DOH-LHR scallywag72
10-DEC-18 BA1440 LHR-EDI msm2000uk
10-DEC-18 BA1440 LHR-EDI scallywag72

11-JAN-19 BA1441 EDI-LHR victairinternational
11-JAN-19 BA7008 LHR-DOH victairinternational
12-JAN-19 BA4488 DOH-PEN victairinternational
13 -JAN-19 BA4489 PEN-DOH victairinternational
14-JAN-19 BA7009 DOH-LHR victairinternational
14-JAN-19 BA1440 LHR-EDI victairinternational

19-JAN-19 BA2880 EDI-DOH Wbeest
20-JAN-19 BA4488 DOH-PEN Wbeest
20-JAN-19 BA1459 EDI-LHR KARFA

24-JAN-19 BA4489 PEN-DOH Wbeest
25-JAN-19 BA2881 DOH-EDI Wbeest

02-FEB-19 BA2880 EDI-DOH S_W_S
03-FEB-19 BA4488 DOH-PEN S_W_S
16-FEB-19 BA4489 PEN-DOH S_W_S
17-FEB-19 BA7009 DOH-LHR S_W_S
17-FEB-19 BA1442 LHR-EDI S_W_S

24-MAR-19 BA8719 EDI-LCY armouredant
25-MAR-19 BA7008 LHR-DOH armouredant
26-MAR-19 BA4488 DOH-PEN armouredant
20-APR-19 BA4489 PEN-DOH armouredant
21-APR-19 BA7009 DOH-LHR armouredant

03-JUN-19 BA1441 EDI-LHR IAANN
03-JUN-19 BA7004 LHR-DOH IAANN
04-JUN-19 BA4488 DOH-PEN IAANN
08-JUN-19 BA4489 PEN-DOH IAANN
09-JUN-19 BA7009 DOH-LHR IAANN
09-JUN-19 BA1438 LHR-EDI IAANN

28-JUN-19 BA7004 LHR-DOH KARFA
29-JUN-19 BA4488 DOH-PEN KARFA
29-JUN-19 BA4489 PEN-DOH KARFA
30-JUN-19 BA7009 DOH-LHR KARFA
06-JUL-19 BA1442 LHR-EDI KARFA
Print Wikipost

The Satay Fare EDI-PEN-EDI

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2019, 10:38 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Gus McLean
Main hope is the 787s used from DOH-PEN don’t turn back to A333.
Apparently they have only very rarely operated an A330 on this route, regardless of what advance schedules say.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 2:07 am

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by gallagher
Just had the 'cancellation' text / email again today although this time I couldn't see what had changed. All looked the same.

Again my seat reservations from EDI-DOH were lost but at least I was able to choose them again without calling BA this time
flight again cancelled in BA APP - and for the first time I can’t find my flights on the QR site using the QR booking reference.
called BA and they are looking into my re-booking options
Old Feb 5, 2019, 2:32 am

flight again cancelled in BA APP - and for the first time I can’t find my flights on the QR site using the QR booking reference.
called BA and they are looking into my re-booking options
When I spoke to them they said it was just down to a change in timings. Arrival being scheduled 5 minutes later. What dates are your flights?
Old Feb 5, 2019, 3:56 am

Not sure if this helps anyone, but I had the same issue with EDI-DOH flights being 'cancelled' then re-instated with a different flight number. I wondered if it might just be enough to get my booking re-routed from LHR. Cheeky, I know - but I didn't know if the rules of the fare would weirdly allow it on a technicality. I tried twice and was basically laughed at.... third time, the agent agreed and said "yes, it's certainly cheeky - but on paper it has been cancelled so let me try" and then came back 10 mins later with our flights starting at LHR. It's now all updated in MMB. I had to politely push and was totally honest but got lucky the third time with someone who I think was in a good mood!

On a separate note - I understand there are 2 PNR's, one for BA and one for Qatar. I've used the Qatar one for seat selection and that's all showing on both Qatar website and BA as the seats I'd like. HOWEVER just for fun, I put the BA PNR into the Qatar website and it's showing totally different seats are selected. I'm not concerned as I'm 99% sure the actual seats are the ones on the Qatar PNR, BUT my question is - My flight's J seats all show as full on Expert Flyer - But I wondered if in fact it may only be half full, with double the amount of seats booked for everyones bookings? OR is the BA PNR seat map just non existent?
Old Feb 5, 2019, 4:04 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Going via LHR was entirely allowable under the fare rules and could have been booked like that originally.

for the QR operated flights you are right that you should use the QR PNR on the QR site to select seats. The BA PNR should probably have the same seats shown as they should sync back to the BA PNR. Sometimes they don’t but I wouldn’t worry about it. If your QR PNR has the seats selected for your QR operated flights you should be good to go.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 4:20 am

Thanks Karfa,

Yes - I appreciate going via LHR was allowed, I'm now actually starting from LHR.

Seat wise, Thanks again. I'm sure the Qatar PNR is correct - It was just a geek question really - wondering if the BA PNR seats would just be empty on my flight, as QR thinks they are in use, or if in fact the map should just be ignored as it has no significance on the actual seat selection.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 2:01 pm

My flight's estimated departure time, status and seat are all blank in the APP. There is a red banner to click saying 'Laest Flght Information ' when clicking this it then gave me the message 'British Airways is already working on re-routing / cancellation options. Please call.

I'm still waiting for BA to call me back 13 hours later. This s my 5th call to BA over the last week or so due to issues which started when the flight number was changed. My flights are this weekend so definitely need this sorted ASAP.

Update
if I view all upcoming flights in the APP it is now showing 3 EDI-DOH bookings. The one my APP shows on opening is the old flight number

see my posts above for my previous recent issues

Last edited by gallagher; Feb 5, 2019 at 2:10 pm Reason: Update
Old Feb 5, 2019, 2:21 pm

My flight's estimated departure time, status and seat are all blank in the APP. There is a red banner to click saying 'Laest Flght Information ' when clicking this it then gave me the message 'British Airways is already working on re-routing / cancellation options. Please call.

I'm still waiting for BA to call me back 13 hours later. This s my 5th call to BA over the last week or so due to issues which started when the flight number was changed. My flights are this weekend so definitely need this sorted ASAP.

Update
if I view all upcoming flights in the APP it is now showing 3 EDI-DOH bookings. The one my APP shows on opening is the old flight number

see my posts above for my previous recent issues
this should be sortable whilst you are on the phone. as far as I have heard all that has happened is the EDI-DOH flights have been renumbered, this really isn't the hardest thing to deal with. i wouldn't wait any longer for BA to sort this out - so far looking at your posts they seemed to have made a mountain out of a molehill. i would call and refuse to get off the phone until you speaks to someone who sorts it out there and then.

btw ignore what the app says, it often shows flights which are cancelled but have been rebooked. what does it show on ba mmb using the ba pnr and on the QR site using the QR pnr?
Old Feb 5, 2019, 10:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Had a great journey outbound. All the mess of cancelling and new flight numbers for EDI-DOH causes no additional stress thankfully.

We are returning via LHR and I am wondering what the fare rules are? It seems the LHR-EDI is J class. can this flight be changed without penalty or re-calculating the price?

ideally I’d like to change to LHR-NCL or rebook the LHR-EDI for a later date.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by geordiejetsetter
Had a great journey outbound. All the mess of cancelling and new flight numbers for EDI-DOH causes no additional stress thankfully.

We are returning via LHR and I am wondering what the fare rules are? It seems the LHR-EDI is J class. can this flight be changed without penalty or re-calculating the price?

ideally I’d like to change to LHR-NCL or rebook the LHR-EDI for a later date.
generally on a discounted I or R class fare domestic connections book in to J so that there isn’t any availability issue for those flights. However the fare rules and change conditions are those for the whole booking itself which I assume in this case either don’t allow a change or allow it only if you pay a fee and possible reprice.

The domestic flight being in J doesn’t mean it is flexible in any way.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 2:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA

generally on a discounted I or R class fare domestic connections book in to J so that there isn’t any availability issue for those flights. However the fare rules and change conditions are those for the whole booking itself which I assume in this case either don’t allow a change or allow it only if you pay a fee and possible reprice.

The domestic flight being in J doesn’t mean it is flexible in any way.
Ah makes sense. Thanks again for your replies. I’ll ask when we get to LHR T5 and report back.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 6:35 am

this should be sortable whilst you are on the phone. as far as I have heard all that has happened is the EDI-DOH flights have been renumbered, this really isn't the hardest thing to deal with. i wouldn't wait any longer for BA to sort this out - so far looking at your posts they seemed to have made a mountain out of a molehill. i would call and refuse to get off the phone until you speaks to someone who sorts it out there and then.

btw ignore what the app says, it often shows flights which are cancelled but have been rebooked. what does it show on ba mmb using the ba pnr and on the QR site using the QR pnr?
After another 45 minutes on a call to BA this morning (they never did call me back) I now have flights which aren't cancelled, albeit re-routed through London.
I explained my previous issues around flights where I was incorrectly informed were cancelled but in fact were not i.e. due to flight number changes etc and asked BA to look into the current status of my booking. I was told that the EDI-DOH leg was cancelled. I was surprised at this (and still am) so asked him to check before we discussed re-routing possibilities. He confirmed that the flight was 100% cancelled. I was mobile so couldn't check this for myself.

I am now re-routed through London but unfortunately I now leave 16 hours earlier and have to overnight in London (BA tell me I can spend up to €250 on a hotel which I can then claim back from them). I catch the first QR flight of the day to Doha as the 2 QR LHR-DOH flights with better connections to PEN aren't available.

Not happy at all with BA wasting many hours of my time over the last 2 weeks
Old Feb 6, 2019, 6:56 am

I was told that the EDI-DOH leg was cancelled. I was surprised at this (and still am) so asked him to check before we discussed re-routing possibilities. He confirmed that the flight was 100% cancelled. I was mobile so couldn't check this for myself.
He was 100% an idiot.

The QR operated flights were never cancelled. The originally booked BA codeshare numbers were removed and replaced on the same flights with different BA codeshares. Not sure what date you are travelling but the EDI-DOH flights are at this moment bookable under BA codeshare BA5802 0750d on Friday, and Saturday & Sunday as BA5800 1405d. Business seats are being sold under the BA codeshares for all three days.

I sympathise. You seem to have had a run of dim witted and idiotic agents who don't seem to know their arse from their elbow.

The only suggestion I would give when you need to call for rebookings is always work out what you want beforehand so you can just tell them - i.e. specific flight numbers and dates so you could have just said rebook me on BA5800 for example. You can use the airline's own site or expertflyer to check there are seats available.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 7:12 am

He was 100% an idiot.

The QR operated flights were never cancelled. The originally booked BA codeshare numbers were removed and replaced on the same flights with different BA codeshares. Not sure what date you are travelling but the EDI-DOH flights are at this moment bookable under BA codeshare BA5802 0750d on Friday, and Saturday & Sunday as BA5800 1405d. Business seats are being sold under the BA codeshares for all three days.

I sympathise. You seem to have had a run of dim witted and idiotic agents who don't seem to know their arse from their elbow.

The only suggestion I would give when you need to call for rebookings is always work out what you want beforehand so you can just tell them - i.e. specific flight numbers and dates so you could have just said rebook me on BA5800 for example. You can use the airline's own site or expertflyer to check there are seats available.
Usually I would be pre-armed with my re-booking preferences but I was at the gym and I can only call BA before getting to work each day. I never assumed that they would be insistent that my flight was cancelled but I'd lost the will to live at this point and just needed to get it sorted somehow
Old Feb 8, 2019, 3:04 am

After another 45 minutes on a call to BA this morning (they never did call me back) I now have flights which aren't cancelled, albeit re-routed through London.
I explained my previous issues around flights where I was incorrectly informed were cancelled but in fact were not i.e. due to flight number changes etc and asked BA to look into the current status of my booking. I was told that the EDI-DOH leg was cancelled. I was surprised at this (and still am) so asked him to check before we discussed re-routing possibilities. He confirmed that the flight was 100% cancelled. I was mobile so couldn't check this for myself.

I am now re-routed through London but unfortunately I now leave 16 hours earlier and have to overnight in London (BA tell me I can spend up to €250 on a hotel which I can then claim back from them). I catch the first QR flight of the day to Doha as the 2 QR LHR-DOH flights with better connections to PEN aren't available.

So I'm checked into my flight to LHR tonight but although the check-in has opened for my flight to DOH tomorrow, I get the following error on the QR site::
'Online Check-in Is Not Possible. Please Proceed To The Check-in Counters At The Airport. '

should I be concerned? (all flights marked as confirmed on-line, but everytime I try and choose seats on the LHR-DOH leg the seats don't save )

**UPDATE** I called Qatar and I'm now checked-in
**UPDATE 2** flight to NCL-LHR tonight now cancelled
I can't get to the airport for the 1 flight they offered as an alternative at 17:15

Last edited by gallagher; Feb 8, 2019 at 9:11 am Reason: update

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.