FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Satay Fare EDI-PEN-EDI
View Single Post
Old Feb 6, 2019, 7:12 am
gallagher

Programs: Aegean Airlines Silver, British Airways Gold, Virgin Atlantic Silver
Originally Posted by KARFA
He was 100% an idiot.

The QR operated flights were never cancelled. The originally booked BA codeshare numbers were removed and replaced on the same flights with different BA codeshares. Not sure what date you are travelling but the EDI-DOH flights are at this moment bookable under BA codeshare BA5802 0750d on Friday, and Saturday & Sunday as BA5800 1405d. Business seats are being sold under the BA codeshares for all three days.

I sympathise. You seem to have had a run of dim witted and idiotic agents who don't seem to know their arse from their elbow.

The only suggestion I would give when you need to call for rebookings is always work out what you want beforehand so you can just tell them - i.e. specific flight numbers and dates so you could have just said rebook me on BA5800 for example. You can use the airline's own site or expertflyer to check there are seats available.
Usually I would be pre-armed with my re-booking preferences but I was at the gym and I can only call BA before getting to work each day. I never assumed that they would be insistent that my flight was cancelled but I'd lost the will to live at this point and just needed to get it sorted somehow