Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

skipping last leg and jumping on another QR flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

skipping last leg and jumping on another QR flight?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2020, 9:56 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ft101
Surely they will want to re-price LAX-DOH-CMN to LAX-DOH and ask for the fare difference?

Even without FF numbers in place, API should identify the double booking and raise an alert.
So my ticket was actually IB LAX to CMN, but since IB canceled those flights, i got AA to switch me to to QR.

​​​​​​Can they reprice and ask for the fare difference if thr ticket wasnt booked through Qatar?

My LAX-DOH flight will have my AA FF number, while the DOH-ATH will have my BA FF number since it was booked with avios.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 11:02 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingFrZ
So my ticket was actually IB LAX to CMN, but since IB canceled those flights, i got AA to switch me to to QR.

​​​​​​Can they reprice and ask for the fare difference if thr ticket wasnt booked through Qatar?

My LAX-DOH flight will have my AA FF number, while the DOH-ATH will have my BA FF number since it was booked with avios.
As said above, API data should identify the double booking and trigger some sort of action. With IB now being thrown into the mix, it's difficult to predict exactly what will happen. Good luck, but prepare yourself for the worst.
Old Aug 8, 2023, 3:49 am

Anyone has any recent experience of skipping the last leg with checked bags, I am thinking about skipping my last segment and staying in Doha for a few days, wondering if that is possible and how I should retrieve my bags. The connection at Doha is about 10 hours.
Old Aug 8, 2023, 3:59 am

Programs: BAEC
No recent experience, but the pragmatic way to achieve this and not cause a delay for the airline and passengers for the sector you plan to skip would be to be unwell and ask to be offloaded once you are in Doha airport.
Old Aug 8, 2023, 4:21 am

Originally Posted by plunet
No recent experience, but the pragmatic way to achieve this and not cause a delay for the airline and passengers for the sector you plan to skip would be to be unwell and ask to be offloaded once you are in Doha airport.
This doesnt sound like great advice - given Doha is where 13 women were subjected them to forced gynecological examinations in 2020.....not really the airport to play funny medical games IMHO.
Old Aug 8, 2023, 4:40 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by babyg_wc
This doesnt sound like great advice - given Doha is where 13 women were subjected them to forced gynecological examinations in 2020.....not really the airport to play funny medical games IMHO.
AFAIK the circumstances regarding that incident back in 2020 were quite different to what I am suggesting. No airline wishes to transport passengers that present an above average risk of an unscheduled medical diversion, or additional workload/risk for crew or other passengers. Plenty of people present as unwell to gate staff each day and are offloaded usually with minimum fuss and good grace from both sides. YMMV.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2023, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by plunet
AFAIK the circumstances regarding that incident back in 2020 were quite different to what I am suggesting. No airline wishes to transport passengers that present an above average risk of an unscheduled medical diversion, or additional workload/risk for crew or other passengers. Plenty of people present as unwell to gate staff each day and are offloaded usually with minimum fuss and good grace from both sides. YMMV.
Clearly diffirent, but its just not the kind of country that seems to adhere to what some people would consider fair treatment - so why potentially poke the bear? In my experience QR do not hold a planes for PAX, in fact they are very quick to pro-actively offload people (especially on delayed tight connections).

IMHO skip lagging should be done in a manner that brings the least amount of attention to what you are doing, so simply not turning up and letting the booking robots do the rest would be my advice... good luck to the OP with which ever route they take (or don't in this case)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.