Community
Wiki Posts
Search

impossible to upgrade via Q Credits

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2018, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Current QRPC policy appears to be upgrades in advance will only be approved if x1 Qmiles availability exists for the flight and unfortunately almost all A380 F x1 availability was mysteriously taken down a month or so ago and has yet to reappear (there was never much of it to SYD in the first place, sadly!).
Would be nice to have an explanation from QR as to what exactly is going on with F redemption availability, but I doubt we'll get it!
Yeah I did get that connection to regular award availability, but that's exactly the point, it has become extremely sparse.

Originally Posted by Crisu69
For some reason they make F upgrades only available at airport on depature, what is still possible according to the postings in the few past from other members which upgraded to first at airport.
well, i dont understand this but at least they got the upgread even if late and not in advance, what everybody would of course prefere.
I am in the rare situation of having 70 Qcredits, which would be perfect for upgrading DOH-SYD and SYD-DOH. However, 10 of my Qcredits will have expired by then, and getting an upgrade would leave me with 25 awkward Qcredits that are about as useful as the infamous lounge guest passes.
It would obviously still be better than letting all 70 Qcredits go to waste. But are all outstations (or SYD in particular) capable of processing Qcredit upgrades? I remember that upgrade at the airport used to be a swing and miss thing as it wasn't supported at all airports.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 11:06 am

I have tried to upgrade the MUC-JKT and return route with qcredits or miles multiple times now, no chance.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 11:18 am

Programs: QR platinum
It’s possible at Sydney, I have upgraded at the airport J -> F with qcredits
makrom likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by makrom
leave me with 25 awkward Qcredits that are about as useful as the infamous lounge guest passes.
i dont know your full flight plan but 25 Qcredits are enough to upgrade every leg from Doha to the EU from economy to business or from business to first (if flying to LHR or CDG with A380).
the same applies for the other route EU-Doha.

So this remaining 25 Qcredits are of good value if your flight goes to EU.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 12:21 pm

Programs: Some
i dont know your full flight plan but 25 Qcredits are enough to upgrade every leg from Doha to the EU from economy to business or from business to first (if flying to LHR or CDG with A380).

Can’t upgrade J to F on LHR unfortunately.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 1:27 pm

I phrased that poorly, should have made it clearer that I am talking about my personal situation. I only fly Y with QR when I get cheap promo tickets, which aren't eligible for upgrades. When booking C, CDG and LHR are inconvenient and usually more expensive, not worth it just for a slight upgrade chance.

What upsets me about this Qcredit situation is that the advantages of QRPC in C are pretty slim already. The only thing with real meat on the bone are awards. But QR is working really hard on marginalising this benefit by reducing availability to an absolute minimum.

The only situation where I am really happy about my QRPC status is when flying Y with other OW airlines. Access to CX and QF's gorgeous lounges, free exit row/bulkhead seats on most carriers, AA even offering free extra legroom seats. But if I just wanted to become a OWE, I could just get it with BAEC for little more than half the flights needed with QRPC.

Last edited by makrom; Apr 3, 2018 at 2:07 pm
Old Apr 3, 2018, 3:53 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, Star Alliance Gold (LH Sen)
if i not remember worong your flight in J from BKK to Doha was today and you wanted to try to upgrade to first at BKK airport

you did it?
Hi, yes you did remember right :-)
we just arrived in Doha - yes we did made the upgrade!
at the end there were 4 upgrades and one other (paid or upgraded, I do not know), so 3 seats left free...
But one very bad thing to report - they just had one bottle of Krug for all of us ;-)
Old Apr 5, 2018, 6:08 pm

Programs: FLYINGBLUE Gold QRPC Gold OMAN SINDBAD Gold
On a positive note i just upgraded with Qcredits my second leg Y to J instantly using the dashboard link.

My initial ticket was economy (N) Asia to Doha to Europe , i had already upgraded the first segment Asia to Doha on the phone right after buying the ticket (before the "enhancement"), at that time the second leg Doha to Europe was not upgradable (only 2X miles availability).

Doing a random check today i saw 1x availability on that second leg, and could upgrade online instantly using 25 Qcredits.
purple1addict likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 3:33 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald/GHA Discovery Black
I am aware of the airside customer service desk for enquiring about/processing upgrades, but is there anywhere landside at DOH to do the same? Specifically, I am looking to upgrade from J to F on the A380 service to BKK and will have stayed overnight in Doha the day before (catch up with old friends for a brunch).

Given the impossibility to upgrade beforehand (don't get me started on the so-called "enhancements"), I want to try as soon as I get to the airport. I am not holding my breath but it would be nice to use some of my Qcredits before they expire. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old Apr 14, 2018, 12:52 am

Programs: Mileage Plus (PLATINUM); Qatar Privilege Club (PLATINUM)
Dears: How and where can you check upgrade availability before booking/buying flights?
Old Apr 14, 2018, 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by OnePassenger
Dears: How and where can you check upgrade availability before booking/buying flights?
If normal awards are available, upgrades are too.
Old Apr 15, 2018, 1:01 am

Programs: Mileage Plus (PLATINUM); Qatar Privilege Club (PLATINUM)
Thank you much!
Old Apr 17, 2018, 9:36 am

Originally Posted by Alfredbali
On a positive note i just upgraded with Qcredits my second leg Y to J instantly using the dashboard link.

My initial ticket was economy (N) Asia to Doha to Europe , i had already upgraded the first segment Asia to Doha on the phone right after buying the ticket (before the "enhancement"), at that time the second leg Doha to Europe was not upgradable (only 2X miles availability).

Doing a random check today i saw 1x availability on that second leg, and could upgrade online instantly using 25 Qcredits.
I can also confirm that instant upgrades are working. Just managed to upgrade CPH-DOH-PEK for total 40 Qcredits 5min after receiving of the E-Ticket.
Booking class: V . 1x business award availability.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by xadria
I can also confirm that instant upgrades are working. Just managed to upgrade CPH-DOH-PEK for total 40 Qcredits 5min after receiving of the E-Ticket.
Booking class: V . 1x business award availability.
Instant upgrades works when there's is award space availability and that option is available for you flight in the manage my booking screen, but that option was not available for most of my previous bookings and maybe even QR IT experts doesn't know why...
Old Apr 17, 2018, 2:43 pm

Programs: QR Gold / M&M FTL / Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by Matt4

Instant upgrades works when there's is award space availability and that option is available for you flight in the manage my booking screen, but that option was not available for most of my previous bookings and maybe even QR IT experts doesn't know why...
​​​​​​Between which city ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.