Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Business Class plug

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2018, 10:20 am
Original Poster

Business Class plug

Checking various threads and pictures and none the wiser. Flying OSL>DOH>SYD. Will it take a normal UK plug or do i need Euro/US adaptor ?

Thanks in advance
Old Feb 26, 2018, 10:33 am

A UK plug will be fine, they have the multisockets that take pretty much anything, or you can use usb
Old Feb 26, 2018, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
A UK plug will be fine, they have the multisockets that take pretty much anything, or you can use usb
Thanks Johnnie. I need to charge laptop so plug needed but thats great.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 11:47 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Pack a US adapter just in case.

M
dolfinco likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 12:15 pm

Programs: Some
The UK plug system is one of the two widely used ones in Qatar (along with the weird 'Type D' plug), therefore onboard QR, in the DOH lounges and even in Doha more widely you typically don't need any adaptors for UK electronics. One of the things that helps UK passengers to feel at home on QR, perhaps!
dolfinco likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 12:19 pm

Programs: BAEC
Several times I have experienced the multi standard sockets onboard to not quite work with a UK plug unless you 'play' with its fitting into the socket. Having an adapter for EU or US to UK available resolved the issue each time.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 1:04 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by plunet
Several times I have experienced the multi standard sockets onboard to not quite work with a UK plug unless you 'play' with its fitting into the socket. Having an adapter for EU or US to UK available resolved the issue each time.
Hence I suggested the US plug - especially for laptops

M
Old Feb 26, 2018, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I always travel with a universal (US/NA, EU, UK/Asia, AUS) plug adapter. I've encountered the same issue @plunet mentioned with multiple carriers (not just QR).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.