Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

'Cheap' Business Class fares from Europe to Singapore

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2018, 5:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold

Hi

I'm based in the UK and looking to do a trip to Singapore later in the year, partly for vacation and partly as a mileage-point run.

I see that booking a QR Business Class fare out of Oslo is very good value at the moment, and on certain days Stockholm too. (Berlin was, but fares seem to have risen).

My question is, is Oslo the best place to look at starting from or is there another ex-Europe (or North Africa?) QR departure city that gives consistently low Business fares at the moment?

Thanks
Old Feb 12, 2018, 6:40 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Hi,

I recently purchased a J trip ex HEL to BKK for less than 1.200 euro so i think you might consider HEL as well. Try CPH as well, often good offers and easier to position to.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 6:42 am

Programs: EC Silver FC Silver
My better-half and I managed to do TXL - SIN for £850 last June, on a last-minute promotion (Sale + MASTERCARD promo), though that was with an A330-200 TXL-DOH, and A330-300 DOH-TXL.

The older planes, state of Tegel, and cost of connecting flights from London means we wouldn't do it again. Nordics seem to be a better experience all round.

Oslo is typically cheapest, though you should include ARN (cheapest I saw in the Valentines promotion), along with HEL, CPH and VCE.

Best Sale prices recently seem to have been around £1,050.

You might see cheaper prices out of Eastern Europe / Pisa, though I'd question that choice once you've factored in older planes and positioning costs.

Last edited by citytom; Feb 12, 2018 at 8:37 am
Old Feb 12, 2018, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
Thanks for your replies - I hadn't considered Helsinki
Old Feb 13, 2018, 4:20 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
Depends who you want to position with as well. I did a ARN - SIN last year. BA (keeping it OW) have lots of flights to ARN a day so easy to get positioning flights there especially with their flexible fares. I changed to an earlier flight on the way back for free. The ARN - DOH route also has the 787 which is a nice hard product IMO.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 10:45 am

Programs: VA WP, NZ *A SG
When looking for cheap QR J fares from Europe to Asia, regardless of whether there is a published sale I ALWAYS search google flights for HEL/OSL/CPH/ARN to SIN/BKK/KUL/DPS and a combo of that is usually the cheapest (HEL-BKK is the most common combo).

Be aware that whenever QR launch a new destination they often do cheap sale fares from or to there, especially where the destination is a European city served by a less desirable A330.

For Asia, Pattaya and Penang are new destinations...
Old Feb 14, 2018, 10:48 am

Programs: VA WP, NZ *A SG
Originally Posted by citytom
My better-half and I managed to do TXL - SIN for £850 last June, on a last-minute promotion (Sale + MASTERCARD promo), though that was with an A330-200 TXL-DOH, and A330-300 DOH-TXL.

The older planes, state of Tegel, and cost of connecting flights from London means we wouldn't do it again. Nordics seem to be a better experience all round.

Oslo is typically cheapest, though you should include ARN (cheapest I saw in the Valentines promotion), along with HEL, CPH and VCE.

Best Sale prices recently seem to have been around £1,050.

You might see cheaper prices out of Eastern Europe / Pisa, though I'd question that choice once you've factored in older planes and positioning costs.
I took QR from TXL-DOH last year but it was a 77W. The BA lounge is very basic (no food beyond olives and nuts) and the check-in and boarding procedure in such a comically cramped airport is quite amusing. But once on-board it was the usual world-class QR standard. Its a pretty short flight overnight to be able to sleep properly but I had no issues with the 2-2-2 seats. Cabin was half full so most people had a spare seat next to them.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 1:35 pm

Programs: Demoted to gold, Cats protection
I did ARN-DOH-SIN for £998 this week , 787 from ARN and A350 from DOH - very nice all round
kaffir76 likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 1:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
I flew out of OSL on Sunday on the way to MEL. -5 deg C and a foot of snow on the ground (however, unlike UK everything still appeared to work as normal).

Departure delayed by 10 minutes while the de-icing trucks gave us a good going over.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 12:02 pm

Good QR business class fares are also posted in this forum: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/premium-fare-deals-740/
Old Jun 22, 2018, 8:21 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Hi guys I'm looking to do a similar trip as well. Any word on what's the best ex-eu flight for Singapore at the moment?

The changed to the ITA matrix have made ex-eu searches very difficult!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.