Wiki Posts
Search

QR ticketed BA123

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2018, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, HH Diamond.
QR ticketed BA123

I am booked on the BA123 from LHR to DOH, ticketed on QR in September.

So far due to the 787 issues BA have cancelled all flights up to end of august. the 787 issue does not look like it is improving significantly and I am anticipating that the cancellation will be extended into September.

If BA Cancel this service are QR quite flexable with letting me choose which service that day i would like to swap to?
Old Jun 22, 2018, 9:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by stewaran
If BA Cancel this service are QR quite flexable with letting me choose which service that day i would like to swap to?
My daughter and son-in-law were booked on BA123 immediately after Easter 2018, as part of a ‘bargain’ LHR DOH CMB and vv Y itinerary.

When BA cancelled their BA123 LHR DOH flight (which departs LHR around 2200hrs) they were offered a choice of QR002 or QR016 only (LHR departure times of 2130hrs and 2155hrs). I can’t say what would have happened if they had pushed to switch to an earlier QR LHR departure.

However on the return DOH LHR flight they were able, upon my advice, to change from BA122 to a much earlier QR (A380) flight, saving them 7 hours waiting time at DOH.

I guess the obvious thing to do is have the QR flight times, aircraft types, etc for your travel day(s) ready to hand - so you can negotiate proactively to suit your preferences.
Old Jun 22, 2018, 9:32 am
Original Poster

thanks for the feedback, either QR2 or 16 would be good to keep the same schedule.

But my preference would be to move to one of the much earlier flights and get a proper nights sleep in Doha rather than on the plane!

Im primed with the information , Just need BA to Cancel it now!. Also will be nice to try the lounge in T4 for a change
Old Jun 22, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by stewaran
But my preference would be to move to one of the much earlier flights and get a proper nights sleep in Doha rather than on the plane!
I totally agree with you. LHR DOH used to generally be a six hour flight (I’m not sure if it’s taking longer these days). On a few occasions Mrs PtF and I took the overnight QR A319 all business class flight - we realised that the best strategy was to eat and drink in QR’s excellent LHR T4 lounge, change into PJs upon boarding the aircraft, and go to sleep immediately after take-off, declining in-flight drinks and dinner. Even then we were lucky to get more than four hours half-decent sleep before being served a pre-landing breakfast.

Far, far better to take one of QR’s afternoon flights (thereby enabling one to properly enjoy the in-flight service), land at DOH by midnight, and get a good night’s sleep in a proper hotel bed.

Old Jun 23, 2018, 12:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer

I totally agree with you. LHR DOH used to generally be a six hour flight (I’m not sure if it’s taking longer these days). On a few occasions Mrs PtF and I took the overnight QR A319 all business class flight - we realised that the best strategy was to eat and drink in QR’s excellent LHR T4 lounge, change into PJs upon boarding the aircraft, and go to sleep immediately after take-off, declining in-flight drinks and dinner. Even then we were lucky to get more than four hours half-decent sleep before being served a pre-landing breakfast.

Far, far better to take one of QR’s afternoon flights (thereby enabling one to properly enjoy the in-flight service), land at DOH by midnight, and get a good night’s sleep in a proper hotel bed.

Fingers crossed!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.