)

===
As of 05-02-2023,
Opening Hours : 1530-0740.
Print Wikipost

Bangkok (BKK) Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2018, 5:41 am

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
Visited the new lounge Saturday night. Really liked the design and build-out of the space. Tons of staff on hand who were very attentive without being intrusive. Food selection quite good, especially desserts and nibbly things, prior to the 2:35 am departure to DOH. Didn’t look for anything more substantial than that, given the hour. Wide selection of wines, though none of especially impressive quality.

QR lounge definitely a notch higher than JL lounge. Not sure exactly how I’d stack up QR vs. CX, need more experience.
Flight departed from D2, which was a hike from the lounge opposite D8. Left the lounge at 1:45 am or so, walked swiftly to the gate, found it empty as we were among the last to board even though a solid half hour before STD.
Old May 6, 2018, 9:46 pm

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Me and mrs Cgtechuk visited the lounge last week, We had discussed the dress code as did the check in staff but Mrs cgtechuk was not impressed in the slightest and without being too critcal I kind of agree.

She had prepared a cardigan to cover her shoulders and had a spare of shoes to cover her feet but she said that having to do that kind of ruined the experience and I have to kind of agree here, If I am willing to pay the money for J why should I be sitting in a lounge of theirs at an outstation worried about what I am wearing, It almost feels like I am 19 worrying if I am about to get in a night club or not, I seen a lot of people with the same attitude and plenty being turned away but the argument remains we seen plenty women in the lounge with open toed sandles being allowed in but only if they were in islamic dress, I am not here to start an argument but surely if the dress code for shoes of all things applies it applies to all? I have the upmost respect for all people and many of my friends are muslim but I just feel it is a bit hit and miss here?

The food was good and the champagne was also nice but again I found in true QR style a bit over attentive and whilst I have no qualms mrs cgtech says she will never be back and enjoyed the Cathay and JAL experience much more which is a shame
Old May 6, 2018, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by cgtechuk
... the champagne was also nice ....
What was it?
Old May 7, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: BA Silver VS EI
Just to clarify how long before the 0235 departure to DOH does the lounge open ??
Old May 8, 2018, 2:28 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Recently used this lounge again. Whilst I agree the dress policy is farcical, this is a policy decision only Doha cab rectify.

For me the food and drink options, and the general lounge amenities are a lot nicer than the Cathay or Jal lounges.

Frustrating that the showers have still not been sorted out.
Old May 8, 2018, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
Recently used this lounge again. Whilst I agree the dress policy is farcical, this is a policy decision only Doha cab rectify.

For me the food and drink options, and the general lounge amenities are a lot nicer than the Cathay or Jal lounges.

Frustrating that the showers have still not been sorted out.
However JAL is literally right across the hall and though not luxurious, the showers there are decent.
But generally you are of course correct, one would think that fixing some glass doors wouldn't be a matter of months. I can only assume that there is no one in BKK with any decision power for such things and the issue has been escalated to some higher ups in Doha who have better things to do than organizing some redecoration jobs in Thailand. Probably another example for how delegating responsibilities isn't part of the corporate culture.
Old May 8, 2018, 6:16 am

Programs: BAEC: Gold, HH:Diamond, Marriott: Platinum, IHG: Diamond Ambassador
Unimpressed with visit here.
Ludicrous dress code - was marched to the toilets to change into trousers.
Showers out of action.
Felt like interrogation at the entrance and list of rules before even setting foot in the lounge.
Left after 2 minutes and went to JAL- much better atmosphere. CX also much better than QR although it shuts in early evening.
NoY and cgtechuk like this.
Old May 8, 2018, 7:51 am

Originally Posted by makrom
However JAL is literally right across the hall and though not luxurious, the showers there are decent.
But generally you are of course correct, one would think that fixing some glass doors wouldn't be a matter of months. I can only assume that there is no one in BKK with any decision power for such things and the issue has been escalated to some higher ups in Doha who have better things to do than organizing some redecoration jobs in Thailand. Probably another example for how delegating responsibilities isn't part of the corporate culture.
I agree the Jal lounge is fine. If I had the time , I am happy to lounge hop to all 3. It amazes me some still use the thai lounges though .
Old May 8, 2018, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by ATCOlad
Just to clarify how long before the 0235 departure to DOH does the lounge open ??
10 hours and 5 minutes before that departure, it seems.
Old May 8, 2018, 1:05 pm

Thumbs up

I ....It amazes me some still use the thai lounges though .
Agreed!!!
Old May 8, 2018, 3:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
It amazes me some still use the thai lounges though .
If you need a shower, and the JAL lounge is closed, and you don't want a glass door shattered all over you, which other lounge would you suggest?
NJSwamplands likes this.
Old May 8, 2018, 7:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by kt74
If you need a shower, and the JAL lounge is closed, and you don't want a glass door shattered all over you, which other lounge would you suggest?
CX or Oman (PP).
Old May 8, 2018, 10:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
... It amazes me some still use the thai lounges though .
It's probably (a) convenience and (b) where passengers are told to go.

I think not everyone is aware of the other possibilities, and of those that are aware, a good part are simply not bothered about, or unwilling to search out, the alternatives.

The Thai lounges can get crowded, but normally they offer comfortable seating as well snacks and refreshments.
Blessedly, the entry desk staff don't base admission on some bizarre dress-code.
Old May 9, 2018, 1:56 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
It's probably (a) convenience and (b) where passengers are told to go.

I think not everyone is aware of the other possibilities, and of those that are aware, a good part are simply not bothered about, or unwilling to search out, the alternatives.

The Thai lounges can get crowded, but normally they offer comfortable seating as well snacks and refreshments.
Blessedly, the entry desk staff don't base admission on some bizarre dress-code.
Yes the check in staff sort of promote the Thai lounges as they are nearer to the gates. But the snack options are poor imo as is the drink selection.
NoY and NJSwamplands like this.
Old May 9, 2018, 5:24 am

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by dsquared37
CX or Oman (PP).
Where was the shower you were imagining in the CX lounge?
I don't think buying PP to use the Oman lounge is worth it when you can use the TG showers for free, but YMMV

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.