Opening Hours : 1530-0740.
Print Wikipost

Bangkok (BKK) Lounge

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2018, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by kt74
Where was the shower you were imagining in the CX lounge?
I don't think buying PP to use the Oman lounge is worth it when you can use the TG showers for free, but YMMV
I thought there was a shower in the CX lounge, if not then my bad. As for PP, either you have it or you don't, where did I say it should be purchased.

/shrtug
Old May 9, 2018, 7:54 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by dsquared37
I thought there was a shower in the CX lounge, if not then my bad. As for PP, either you have it or you don't, where did I say it should be purchased.

/shrtug
But I agree the Oman lounge is very good.
Old May 9, 2018, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
Yes the check in staff sort of promote the Thai lounges as they are nearer to the gates. But the snack options are poor imo as is the drink selection.
RJ even hands out lounge passes for it upon checkin. QR used to do that too, I am not sure if they still do that for OWS/E Y pax these days. Even though this forum might give a completely different impression, most flyers actually have no clue what the OW lounge policies are.
Old May 9, 2018, 10:49 am

Programs: BAEC: Gold, HH:Diamond, Marriott: Platinum, IHG: Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by dsquared37

/shrtug
No showers in CX
Old May 9, 2018, 2:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Back on topic... Randomly, in case it's of interest to anyone, there's quite a detailed review of the QR BKK lounge here - about a third of the way down - also comparing with the Miracle lounge and the CX lounge
Old May 10, 2018, 2:01 am

Originally Posted by kt74
Back on topic... Randomly, in case it's of interest to anyone, there's quite a detailed review of the QR BKK lounge here - about a third of the way down - also comparing with the Miracle lounge and the CX lounge
That is a very good review
Old May 10, 2018, 3:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Agreed. I am looking forward to trying out the QR BKK lounge soon. In the report, I see a lot of QR standards. The lounge, itself, looks a lot like the ones at CDG and LHR. Same round food displays, same style dining chairs, etc. The utensils are the same as onboard, too.
Old May 10, 2018, 4:42 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
Agreed. I am looking forward to trying out the QR BKK lounge soon. In the report, I see a lot of QR standards. The lounge, itself, looks a lot like the ones at CDG and LHR. Same round food displays, same style dining chairs, etc. The utensils are the same as onboard, too.
The lounge is very similar to LHR. There is a further larger dining area other than the one shown in this report. ample comfy seating. I was recently there when 3 flights were taking off and it was busy but not too crowded.
Old May 10, 2018, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Wonder how she got round the ban on photography.

Next she'll tell us she was wearing shorts
Old May 10, 2018, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Wonder how she got round the ban on photography.

Next she'll tell us she was wearing shorts
ha-ha I did wonder that. Plus he/she used their flip flops as coasters for the none photographed drink shots.

As an aside a business passenger on my flight guested his wife into the lounge. I didn't think that was allowed? He tried to get her from upper deck economy into the bar on the a380 but the staff were having none of it.
Old May 10, 2018, 2:42 pm

As an aside a business passenger on my flight guested his wife into the lounge. I didn't think that was allowed? He tried to get her from upper deck economy into the bar on the a380 but the staff were having none of it.
I gues the dragons just had a rare generous moment... or they just didn’t consider the possibility that a couple would be travelling in different classes. Seriously, do people do that?
Old May 11, 2018, 1:04 am

Originally Posted by makrom

I gues the dragons just had a rare generous moment... or they just didn’t consider the possibility that a couple would be travelling in different classes. Seriously, do people do that?
He absolutely did, to be fair, give his size im not sure economy was an option.What was then odd was that he selected maybe half a dozen snacks from the snack bowl in the bar an d popped them through the curtain for her.

He did say his ticket Doha to BKK was $2700 return
Old May 15, 2018, 7:39 am

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
He absolutely did, to be fair, give his size im not sure economy was an option.What was then odd was that he selected maybe half a dozen snacks from the snack bowl in the bar an d popped them through the curtain for her.

He did say his ticket Doha to BKK was $2700 return
That’s a bit of an ... move :/ The snack bowl is not bottomless and people in J and F have paid good money to enjoy those treats. Do you think he took all of the toilet paper ant the end of the flight too, because you know, his ticket cost $2700
Traveller999 likes this.
Old May 15, 2018, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by SullyofDoha

That’s a bit of an ... move :/ The snack bowl is not bottomless and people in J and F have paid good money to enjoy those treats. Do you think he took all of the toilet paper ant the end of the flight too, because you know, his ticket cost $2700
trust me he had consumed a lot of the snack bowl prior to his brief jaunt into economy with goodies for his wife.. No idea re toilet roll but i bet his carry off bag was laden with the ritual products, dental sets and shaving packs.
SullyofDoha and Traveller999 like this.
Old May 16, 2018, 5:32 am

Programs: tk gold, lh ftl, ab gold
Does QR still grant access to oneworld J passengers (i am flying RJ)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.