Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Award availability

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2019, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by RSDoha
Yes! upgrade availability opened up on a flight I'm taking soon about 2 weeks ahead of departure date.
Thanks. Do you mean saver award availability? Or the option to pay cash to upgrade cabin?
Old Nov 12, 2019, 11:05 pm

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
I'm struggling to find any award availability in Business to the US for 2020 (Jan-Sept). I can't find any seats to Chicago, JFK, BOS, Washington DC. I've tried starting points in Doha, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur & Bangkok. Anyone being able to find availability? Thanks.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 3:33 pm

Simple question, if award availability in business only shows Q2.
Would there than be a chance to upgrade from economy to business based on the amount of qmiles? Or will it also be double qmiles?
Old Nov 26, 2019, 3:50 pm

Programs: qr
Usually in my experience if it’s showing reward availability as X 2 it’s unlikely an upgrade will be come available - if space available at check in you maybe able to secure upgrade then .
that said closer to the date of travel you may find the X2 availability becomes normal X1 which MAY open up upgrade seat.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 4:28 pm

Originally Posted by lifeonthego_k
I'm struggling to find any award availability in Business to the US for 2020 (Jan-Sept). I can't find any seats to Chicago, JFK, BOS, Washington DC. I've tried starting points in Doha, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur & Bangkok. Anyone being able to find availability? Thanks.
I was able to book 2 from ORD-DOH J class back in may for March 2020 and it was super slim pickings then on any award availability using AA.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 10:17 pm

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by AlexanderK
I was able to book 2 from ORD-DOH J class back in may for March 2020 and it was super slim pickings then on any award availability using AA.
Seems like they've really tightened up, on their US routes at least. Also, with AA making it more convenient to book QR awards (online vs. call centre) I'm sure has also made a difference in how long award seats stay available.
In the end I was able to book IAD-DOH-SIN for 2pax in Qsuites for Oct 2020.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by tav1989
Usually in my experience if it’s showing reward availability as X 2 it’s unlikely an upgrade will be come available - if space available at check in you maybe able to secure upgrade then .
that said closer to the date of travel you may find the X2 availability becomes normal X1 which MAY open up upgrade seat.
Yeah, that is indeed a big MAY. QR obviously first tries to have people pay for their upgrades with cold cash. Only seats which don't get bid on may then be opened up for upgrades using Qmiles/Qcredits. I've been lucky twice, being able to upgrade with Qpoints a few days before departure, but many times it hasn't worked out.
Old Nov 27, 2019, 12:01 am

But the other way around is also valid?
If there is reward availability in business at normal rate for the specific route and day, there will also be availability to upgrade from economy to business with miles at normal rate?
Old Nov 27, 2019, 10:29 pm

Originally Posted by daruda
But the other way around is also valid?
If there is reward availability in business at normal rate for the specific route and day, there will also be availability to upgrade from economy to business with miles at normal rate?
I would say yes. However, some CSOs have told me that the buckets are different for the two types, which I highly doubt. HUCA has worked in these situations.

Last edited by lifeonthego_k; Dec 11, 2019 at 7:29 pm
Old Dec 6, 2019, 9:00 am

Programs: QRPC
I recently had the issue that on the QR website it did show availability to buy tickets with QMiles for the exact flights of my booking but on my booking itself, one of the flights was not selectable for an upgrade with QMiles or QCredits.
After writing the issue to QR via Contact Center with a printscreen of the availability they have been able to do the upgrade for me. Well after two days I didn't hear anything back so I contacted them via Twitter and some hours later it has been done. Not sure if the Twitter people had any role in it being solved but it seems to me that it helped to speed up the process a bit.
florin and Sisyphus1carus like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.