Early Luggage check in

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2018, 8:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
Early Luggage check in

Hi guys,

the title may be a bit confusing but here’s what I’m trying to get to:

I am going to arrive at JFK next week approx. 7 hrs before my QR flight. Does anyone know if QR will accept my luggage when i arrive so i can then go inside and use the lounge and spend my time after security or am I resigned to 4 hours before security until QR opens their counters (which I assume is 3 hours before my flight)?

any help/suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Old Jan 30, 2018, 3:39 am

Programs: DL EK QR TK
Originally Posted by KamAzi
Hi guys,

the title may be a bit confusing but here’s what I’m trying to get to:

I am going to arrive at JFK next week approx. 7 hrs before my QR flight. Does anyone know if QR will accept my luggage when i arrive so i can then go inside and use the lounge and spend my time after security or am I resigned to 4 hours before security until QR opens their counters (which I assume is 3 hours before my flight)?

any help/suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Hopefully, someone with first hand knowledge will come along with an answer for you. But, I've done just that with many airlines (not @JFK). However, even though one time I was at LAX more than 7 hours before my flight on QR, their check-in counter wasn't open until about 4 hours before the flight. I've done it with Delta, Turkish Airlines and I believe KLM.
Old Mar 1, 2018, 2:07 pm

Same question here. Will be flying from SYD to DOH with QR and will be at airport about 6hrs before.
Qantas Business Lounge is after security, so I need to get my luggage checked in.

I think there are 3 possible solutions:
1) Find someone to check-in my luggage 6hrs before - is there any way?
2) Check-In on earlier flight. There is another QR flight 6hrs before my flight. So if I could make it to the airport 1hr before this flight, will they check-in my luggage for the later flight?
3) Interlining - I will have a domestic flight on the same day. If I take Virgin or Qantas, is there any chance they interline my luggage to QR?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 7:44 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
In HEL i just barely caught the last remaining check/in assistant from QRs 16:00 flight (mine was the 22:xx), she basically was just about to leave and had packed up already, Since I was uber friendly and ask if she knew where I could leave my luggage, she actually openend the check in system again and checked my luggage in. So that would kind of answer cyru5s question.
if you find someone from the earlier flight, you might be lucky.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by cyru5
3) Interlining - I will have a domestic flight on the same day. If I take Virgin or Qantas, is there any chance they interline my luggage to QR?
Unfortunately neither Qantas or Virgin Australia will interline on separate tickets

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.