Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Goodbye QR hello EK

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2018, 3:31 pm

mohammedgiga welcome to Flyertalk and especially to the QR forum. You will find the QR dashboard a useful tool
You will find a wealth of information about Qsuites on the https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qata...ess-class.html thread including where there are Qsuites allocated at the moment. There are seven aircraft fitted with Qsuites at the moment and they are employed on to CDG, JFK, IAD, ICN and LHR. One per day to each destination.
At least two further aircraft are due to be delivered in the next few months but beyond that no one knows.
So in answer to your question there is only a small chance that HKG will have Qsuites fitted aircraft by September. But as I have already said no one knows for sure!
Old Jan 22, 2018, 8:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by remdk
mohammedgiga welcome to Flyertalk and especially to the QR forum. You will find the QR dashboard a useful tool
You will find a wealth of information about Qsuites on the https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qata...ess-class.html thread including where there are Qsuites allocated at the moment. There are seven aircraft fitted with Qsuites at the moment and they are employed on to CDG, JFK, IAD, ICN and LHR. One per day to each destination.
At least two further aircraft are due to be delivered in the next few months but beyond that no one knows.
So in answer to your question there is only a small chance that HKG will have Qsuites fitted aircraft by September. But as I have already said no one knows for sure!
I hope HKG gets the a350-1000.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 12:42 am

woodwoodwood so do I! It would solve a lot of problems for me. But we can only hope! It would certainly make sense since HKG is very much a Business class destination and the 35X has that capacity.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 9:31 am

woodwoodwood so do I! It would solve a lot of problems for me. But we can only hope! It would certainly make sense since HKG is very much a Business class destination and the 35X has that capacity.
That's why I am very confused about QR using 777 for HKG as it is a worse product (I know they want to increase the capacity) which ultimately would drive the premium passengers away. Or maybe it still works out fine for them. But I am looking at other OW alternatives at the moment for my HKG-LHR runs.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 10:14 am

woodwoodwood I can understand your confusion. But QR appear too have a J capacity problem with HKG and are using the largest J capacity aircraft that is possible. The 35X appears to have both a larger capacity and Qsuites but has not yet been delivered. Another, although rather weak, reason is that is could be easier to substitute a Qsuites 777 when there are any available.

This is a capacity versus comfort dilemma!
Old Jan 23, 2018, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
I usually travel with wifey and love the 777 pair seats. So much space
Old Jan 23, 2018, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
I heard a rumor, from someone who heard it from QR HKG staff, that QR was considering moving a 77W with Qsuites to HKG, maybe from ICN. But that is highly unreliable.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by brunos
I also do love the space of the 777 J seats. Perfect for couples.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 4:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by brunos
+1 ^. I just don’t get the negativity over QR’s 777 J cabin. While my personal QR favourite J cabin is the A350 I have enjoyed many a QR 777 J flight (either travelling alone or with my wife).
SullyofDoha likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
I just don’t get the negativity over QR’s 777 J cabin.
I usually travel alone, and much prefer the privacy of the window seats in a 1-2-1 configuration.
tartempion likes this.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 9:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I usually travel alone, and much prefer the privacy of the window seats in a 1-2-1 configuration.
In such instances I would agree with you.

However there’s not a lot fundamentally wrong with QR’s 777 J cabin - and solo travellers can always opt for one of the middle pair of seats (I agree that one of the window/aisle pair is less satisfactory).
Old Jan 24, 2018, 4:36 am

What if I'm both flying solo _and_ like sitting by the window ?
Old Jan 24, 2018, 5:13 am

Originally Posted by klausa
What if I'm both flying solo _and_ like sitting by the window ?
That's me...
Old Jan 24, 2018, 6:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Where do you sit when traveling solo?
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer

In such instances I would agree with you.

Old Jan 24, 2018, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by nilsfr69
Where do you sit when traveling solo?
330/340/777 - one of middle pair
350/380/787 - single window seat
319 - whatever’s available

(they’re the only QR aircraft I have experience of)
nilsfr69 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.