Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Goodbye QR hello EK

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2018, 8:19 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I love the QR 777 2-2-2 J seats. I also hate 3-4-3 777s and will not fly them.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 7:01 am

Programs: QR Gold / OW Sapphire, Le Club Accor Gold, Shangri La Jade
Originally Posted by capin
I love the QR 777 2-2-2 J seats. I also hate 3-4-3 777s and will not fly them.
x2
Old Jan 17, 2018, 7:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, QRPC Silver
Originally Posted by woodwoodwood
That makes me want to move over to EK as I hate the equipment downgrade they have done to my usual HKG-DOH legs. Absolutely hate the old 777 J seats.

I love their service and their other planes though.
My exact reason
Old Jan 17, 2018, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Professional Bum
Thank you.

777 I can manage. Y on the 787 is absolute hell.
Ive heard the horror stories about the 787 only flown once in J which was superb and 343 777 not for me
Old Jan 17, 2018, 6:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by spec119
My exact reason
I hope someone from QR is reading this. HKG-DOH is a premium heavy route and they really should provide a better product.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 6:59 pm

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
For me it will be hello TK.
I still have a QR J trip for April booked during the 2x1 promotion at a reasonable fare.
But booked next J trip with TK at much better price.
Got fed up with watering down Privilege Club features: difficulty to spend Q credits and upgrade with miles, required booking code to upgrade etc
Had too much stress to try to upgrade 2017 flights, succeeded only at airport check in which I hate to do that late (uncertainty) .
Just been downgraded to silver anyway and plan to always book J fares.
Old Jan 17, 2018, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by tartempion
I still have a QR J trip for April booked during the 2x1 promotion at a reasonable fare.
Got fed up with watering down Privilege Club features: difficulty to spend Q credits and upgrade with miles, required booking code to upgrade etc
Had too much stress to try to upgrade 2017 flights, succeeded only at airport check in which I hate to do that late (uncertainty) .
I had the exact problem with BA regarding upgrade stress, would always book PE and upgrade to J using their online offer. Did not enjoy the uncertainty at all. So I moved to QR for their far superior product and service. And now I have to think again...
Old Jan 17, 2018, 10:19 pm
Suspended

The removal of lounge access for airport upgrades really made me cut most of my QR Y travel. I'll still book promos, I'll still stay with PC and fly Y a few times per year (hopefully upgrading each one) but for I no longer favor QR for long haul Y. And that has led to them losing probably 5 or 6 roundtrips per year where I now fly another oneworld alliance that's slightly more convenient. If TK offered a good status match I might even start considering *A. QR upgraded me for free a few times last year, offer great J sales and still have a great Y product if you get lucky so I'm not completely done with them.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 1:36 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
I hear you.

Have been waiting for a decent QR sale for quite some while & was disappointed when nothing much Ex-LHR appeared in the recent sale. I have QR LHR-BKK flights in J booked for late spring & was looking for something to the Middle East in the autumn. QR prices were extortionate so I ended up booking with BA (I know, I know). However, it's on a B787, direct with reasonable timings & I was able to reserve good seats in advance, so not too bad. The clincher was the price: £1100pp LHR-MCT in J.

I'll continue to look for QR flights as I believe they're the best, but unlike previous years I won't be afraid to look at other carriers.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 2:00 am

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
Indeed, the removal of lounge access for airport upgrades was the last nail in the coffin deciding me to look elsewhere, my interest in upgrades has disappeared.
2.5 Bangkok-Brussels trips J in a 12 month period will get me gold with TK just for the extra kg, their 30kg J class allowance is poor and AC *A to yul comes in handy.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 6:43 am
Original Poster

I sent QRPC a link to the thread LOL
Old Jan 18, 2018, 7:05 am
Suspended

I sent QRPC a link to the thread LOL
Some random customer service rep reading this (they probably won't even read it) will not change anything.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 7:30 am
Original Poster

You are probably right but can't hurt to send
Old Jan 18, 2018, 9:18 am

You are probably right but can't hurt to send
Worth trying.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 2:48 pm

Programs: QR Privilege Club, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by woodwoodwood
That makes me want to move over to EK as I hate the equipment downgrade they have done to my usual HKG-DOH legs. Absolutely hate the old 777 J seats.

I love their service and their other planes though.
Booked J in advance from HKG to DOH in Sep/18. What's the likelyhood they'll have switched to Qsuites by then?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.