Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

DOH airport shut down its operations (reason for a flight delay)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2017, 1:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH FTL

not sure if I post this in the correct forum, feel free to move the thread...

On our recent 'sake fare' trip to HND we had one thrilling moment in DOH:
At DOH aiport while holding short on runway for quite a long time the captain suddenly announced that "the airport had shut down its operations and we will move back to the gate".
Taking the current political tensions into account I was afraid whats happening now?! I imagined myself beeing shipped out on a boat full of stranded passengers or never beeing able to leave Qatar

After roughly 1,5 hours the plane pushed back again. The delay was allegedly due to the fact that "the fire brigade was out of order" for any reason. Strange.
Has anybody experienced something similar or has some additional informations?

Best Regards

Last edited by heidelflyer; Dec 29, 2017 at 1:35 pm
Old Dec 29, 2017, 1:37 pm

There was a fire in a hangar at DOH that day which may have coincided with your take off. If the fire service are otherwise engaged then I suspect it is standard procedure not to allow runway operations with no fire cover.
Old Dec 29, 2017, 3:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH FTL
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
There was a fire in a hangar at DOH that day which may have coincided with your take off.
Thank you for the hint and the explanation. That makes sense. I was not aware of the incident with the A7-AIB you are referring to.

Regards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.