Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cannot select seat online

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2022, 10:25 pm

Programs: AA (Plt Pro; 1.5 MM)
This is quite a mystery.
I got to Modify Passenger Details, deleted spurious FF number, and that got rid of the overlay box.
Now I can see the reservation fine, including meal selection.
However, still no option to select seats.
If it could matter, the booking is several months later.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 6:46 am

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by aktchi
This is quite a mystery.
I got to Modify Passenger Details, deleted spurious FF number, and that got rid of the overlay box.
Now I can see the reservation fine, including meal selection.
However, still no option to select seats.
If it could matter, the booking is several months later.
What is your booking inventory? Some inventories prohibit seal selection until check-in. Also, which airline issued the ticket?
Old Mar 2, 2022, 9:55 am

H-DEL issued by AA.

Originally Posted by anabolism
What is your booking inventory? Some inventories prohibit seal selection until check-in. Also, which airline issued the ticket?
Biz award U inventory issued by AA. After applying the fixes that have been discussed here, the reservation pulls up on QR and looks quite normal until you notice that no seats are assigned and no seat selection offered. I was hoping for some FT-ish pleasure in fixing the issue myself, but I can call QR too like others have.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 10:48 am

Did you try the Malaysia airlines manage my booking site to pick seats?
Old Mar 2, 2022, 11:29 am

Originally Posted by CuppedUp
Did you try the Malaysia airlines manage my booking site to pick seats?
Yes, MH, Finnair, RJ etc that were mentioned in the thread. Actually I am not sure there is a real problem here: it could just be that QR doesn't want me to select my own seat many months in advance. They are quite sensitive about Q-suites. I can select meals just fine. So it may be time to call them.
Old Mar 2, 2022, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by aktchi
Yes, MH, Finnair, RJ etc that were mentioned in the thread. Actually I am not sure there is a real problem here: it could just be that QR doesn't want me to select my own seat many months in advance. They are quite sensitive about Q-suites. I can select meals just fine. So it may be time to call them.
I had the same stuff with AA award tix on QR. after fixing all the FF number stuff the first time around on QR website I was able to select seats on Malaysia mmb site.

You have to add services, then select seats. Give it a shot after fixing your pnr on the QR site.

Just checked and I can also modify seat selection on MH site for both J and Y segments.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 4:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I expend way too much effort choosing seats and was miffed to find I could not move my seats last week. I had previously selected seats I was happy with, but it seemed recently to break so i could not get to seat maps. Then I saw this thread...

Finally got to the bottom though. In my case the flight timings had changed slightly and the 773 swapped for a350 doh-syd. Once the change had happened I lost the ability to select seats. Only by checking my booking on finnair (thanks to this thread) was I presented with a need to confirm new timings (not something the qatar site prompted me for). After doing this i could not select seats on finnair, but could once again on qatar! Maybe that's helpful to others...

Not sure if the fact that this is the second change foisted on me for this flight has something to do with this. The first change moved my lgw-doh leg from qatar to ba with a small issue of my connection on to Sydney departing 2 hours before I'd arrive in doh. After changing that I also moved up a fare class (lite to comfort) or two. Not though before the call center also accidentally moved my may flight to march... all free changes so that good with me, but teaches you to double check...
aktchi likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2022, 4:28 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
I wish I looked here and found out about the fixes to QR's app/website sooner that allow one to manage their AAdvantage bookings without needing to screw around with another website. But I finally was able to get my AAdvantage-booked QR itin to show up on the QR app and select my seats... right as somebody on the QR customer service line picked up the phone.

But I will say this: if there is something else you need to contact QR for and you use either Twitter DM/Facebook messenger, their social media team will direct you to call their phone lines. I was preparing for a long wait (the last time I tried calling in, I gave up after a 4-hour wait. But this time (around 20:00 Central US time), I got someone to pick up after about 20 minutes.

Looking forward to my trip, it will be my first time flying QR.
Old Mar 15, 2022, 1:22 am

They used to be great for simple tasks like seat selection over Twitter. Not anymore.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 5:27 am

Just had a repeat of missing ability to select seats.

Flight timings for my May LHR to SYD filghts changed week ago as did the aircraft type involved. Quite recently I recieved ANOTHER email from Qatar telling me about the equiment change that had already happened some time back. Now since that latest email I lost the ability to select seats. Nothing on the Qatar booking page to say anything was odd. BUT again if I checked the booking on finnair (I did NOT book through Finnair) on that site I have a message to confirm the "new" timings change that happened weeks ago. Only after confirming there (on finnair page) that I accepted the changes, I was THEN able to go back to Qatar site and as if by magic I can once more select seats.

So maybe this is already well known, but it seems odd that a block gets put on seat selection you need to go and confirm on another airline's site.

Not going mad. I took screen shots as this is the second occurance.
Old Apr 5, 2022, 7:41 am

Finnair even sent be new ticket receipts via email now after confirming my Qatar booked, Qatar flights on the Finnair website now. That seems strange to me. Oh well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.