Cannot select seat online

Old Nov 14, 17, 6:44 pm
Original Poster

Cannot select seat online

I tried to select seats on Qatar flights from a QF RTW reward booking but I got the following error message:
We are unable to process your request. Please try again later.(IBE_99)
The same frequent flyer number has been entered more than once. Please validate your entries and try again. (1302)

Is this normal and can the agents assign the seats manually if I call up?
Old Nov 14, 17, 10:46 pm

Programs: BA Exec Gold , Emirates Skywards Plat , SAA Voyager Silver.
Originally Posted by glasszon View Post
I tried to select seats on Qatar flights from a QF RTW reward booking but I got the following error message:
The same frequent flyer number has been entered more than once. Please validate your entries and try again. (1302)

Same extract issue when usuinf BAEC avios to book on QR , also prompts me to enter a phone number in every time I go to MMB. You can phone, email or PM them on face book to select seating , however nothing to worry about booking status wise.

You could alao try entering your PNR into the Finnair website and select seats from there. I think that also worked for me.
glasszon likes this.
Old Nov 27, 17, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

Just to give an update in case others have the same problem, I managed to select the seats via Japan Airline.
Old Nov 28, 17, 6:11 am

Programs: Bonvoyed / BAEC Gold
just read the thread today. had the same error msg when i already had entered my BAEC nb and upgraded via phone with qmiles. The CCR had entered my PC nb in addition to my BAEC nb which is normaly not possible (at least online)
Calling them again didn't help, so I went to QRs airport office and the guy there removed the PC nb from the booking, after that all was working again.

Old Nov 28, 17, 6:12 am

Programs: Bonvoyed / BAEC Gold
check again on QRs MMB webpage again, tried the same but the seats wouldn't stick.
Just to give an update in case others have the same problem, I managed to select the seats via Japan Airline.
Old Nov 28, 17, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nilsfr69 View Post
check again on QRs MMB webpage again, tried the same but the seats wouldn't stick.
I logged into QR website today and my seat selection that I made via Japan Airline is still there, are you sure you made the seat selection on Japan Airline website? You can only access your booking via Japan Airline if your itinerary has at least one segment with JL, as otherwise you can't get past the login page.

Also, you need to confirm your seat once next to the seat selection you made per flight and one more time at the end with the confirm button at the bottom of the page, did you do both? I got caught out at first and didn't realise I had to double confirm my seat selection on the page.
Old Jan 5, 19, 11:09 am

Programs: SPG Plt, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA LT Gold
I figure out what the problem is. Unfortunately, there is no solution apparently. The passenger details for an award flight seems to have the same frequent flier number for each passenger. You can try to change it online but it reverts back after saving the changes. I called QR to select the seats and asked them if they could just remove the FF number. They said they could because it would cancel the award ticket. This sounds lame. Why does seat booking even have to access frequent flier information? Sounds like an IT issue.
Old Mar 7, 19, 4:46 pm

Had the same problem. The solution for me was just to use the phone and their mobile version of the website and I changed my seat successfully.
Old Mar 7, 19, 6:20 pm

Was able to select seat via rj.com
Old Mar 25, 19, 6:21 am

Had the same problem with my wife's flight on Qatar, booked under my AA account. It had both my AA number and hers associated with the booking, but I wasn't able to see that until I logged in at RJ. Updated her personal profile through their site, wasn't able to update seat selection, but after updating the profile, I was able to go back to Qatar and select her seats there.
Old Apr 19, 19, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by angf1 View Post
Had the same problem. The solution for me was just to use the phone and their mobile version of the website and I changed my seat successfully.
didn't work for me
Old Apr 25, 19, 2:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
Same problem as above. Booked for myself and partner - my BA executive club number is hardcoded against my partner. I attempted to remove on RJ but it won't remove.

I have facebook messaged them to resolve.
Old Apr 27, 19, 8:20 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Gold, United Silver, BA Bronze
To update: Sent a message on facebook and QR resolved, assigning our seats.
Old Oct 24, 20, 10:25 am

Programs: Bonvoy, IHG, Delta, Aeromexico, AAdvantage
Originally Posted by MrM2016 View Post
To update: Sent a message on facebook and QR resolved, assigning our seats.
Thank you! I am having the same issues and the contact centre email was very unhelpful. I just reached out to them via FB.
Old Oct 28, 20, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by meadowsm View Post
Thank you! I am having the same issues and the contact centre email was very unhelpful. I just reached out to them via FB.
I found their twitter page to be pretty responsive. The account name is QRSupport (with the @ prefix).

Search this Thread
Search Engine: