FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qatar Airways | Privilege Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club-644/)
-   -   Sale Fares Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/1868118-sale-fares-discussion.html)

Horatio Nov 3, 2017 5:29 am

Have booked ARN-DOH-Krabi return in J next October for £940 pp. Pretty pleased

flyer200 Nov 5, 2017 7:57 am

I'm struggling to find 4 J seats in the sale from ARN to SYD or AKL - for Late July '18 even via google.

Is the 2 4 1 restricted in terms of dates?

Any help would be gratefully received

edit: is the issue here that we are booking for 4 PAX?

edit2: Blackout dates in T&Cs :/

GeraldHouse Nov 5, 2017 11:07 am

taiwan Qatar website

[QUOTE=Firemin;29012703]
What is even more wierd is that the Taiwan QR website is quoting prices of around TWD 20000 for business class to Europe... which is about £550!!!

Link please to the Taiwan site? Thanks!

remdk Nov 5, 2017 11:16 am

GeraldHouse go to the QR website, click on the country/language combination at the top right, then click in Asia followed by Taiwan. You can access all QR destination countries websites in this fashion.

Dirty_Idea Nov 7, 2017 4:33 am

Just used it to snag EUR1800 ARN - SYD return. It goes as low as EUR1400 but availability didn't work for me.

JohnAx Nov 8, 2017 12:05 pm

Any method to expose more ex-USA fares?

Originally Posted by remdk (Post 29021537)
GeraldHouse go to the QR website, click on the country/language combination at the top right, then click in Asia followed by Taiwan. You can access all QR destination countries websites in this fashion.

I need to fly LAX-SOF-LAX early next year and normal searches don't show up a QR fare on that route (inserting DOH each way, of course). The reciprocal is of course available but isn't very useful. Any trick to find and book that route?

remdk Nov 8, 2017 2:32 pm

JohnAx If the fare is not available then it is probably not a permitted routing. On the other hand QR very often have errors in fares so do ask your local QR office.

If all else fails you could use the Multi city option on the booking engine.

JohnAx Nov 8, 2017 2:58 pm

I think I'll try changing ticketing city to SOF.

When multi-city itineraries look like a published r/t fare, that seems to be the fare that's offered, and if not I'm pretty sure I don't want to start the price calculation with the cost of a LAX-DOH leg.

It mostly looks like QR is playing nice by not overtly competing with American Airlines et al and won't really mind if I find a way to fly the route. I fear that any fare I dig up will be too high to be interesting, though.

haroon145 Nov 8, 2017 9:14 pm

[QUOTE=GeraldHouse;29021509]

Originally Posted by Firemin (Post 29012703)
What is even more wierd is that the Taiwan QR website is quoting prices of around TWD 20000 for business class to Europe... which is about £550!!!

Link please to the Taiwan site? Thanks!

I’ve checked I can’t see this anywhere :(

What dates are you looking at pls ?

Firemin Nov 9, 2017 6:31 pm

[QUOTE=haroon145;29038294]

Originally Posted by GeraldHouse (Post 29021509)

I’ve checked I can’t see this anywhere :(

What dates are you looking at pls ?

The website quotes those prices (see screenshot in my initial post) but I have not found a single date with those prices!

AlisonB84 Nov 10, 2017 1:25 am

Very excited to have booked ARN-ADL in the current sale (around £2700 for 2 people in J) ����
First trip to Australia - can't wait!

Matt4 Nov 10, 2017 1:40 am

Originally Posted by Firemin (Post 29042195)
The website quotes those prices (see screenshot in my initial post) but I have not found a single date with those prices!

Unfortunately, it's still common to find errors in advertised fares on QR website.
If a too good to be true fare appears, just be ready to discover that it doesn't exist.

Dr. HFH Nov 10, 2017 7:58 am

Originally Posted by Matt4 (Post 29043205)
If a too good to be true fare appears, just be ready to discover that it doesn't exist.

Or.... Be ready to jump on it immediately, like the $683 I paid for my upcoming January, 2018 mileage run HAN-DOH-DFW and return in J. While I was chatting with one of my friends on line who was trying to convince me that it was an error and wouldn't be honored, I stopped chatting and booked it. Turns out that it wasn't an error, just a spectacular sale fare.

Matt4 Nov 10, 2017 9:46 am

Originally Posted by Dr. HFH (Post 29044090)
Or.... Be ready to jump on it immediately, like the $683 I paid for my upcoming January, 2018 mileage run HAN-DOH-DFW and return in J. While I was chatting with one of my friends on line who was trying to convince me that it was an error and wouldn't be honored, I stopped chatting and booked it. Turns out that it wasn't an error, just a spectacular sale fare.

Right, but I was talking about the list of advertised promotional fares on the website, not the golden tickets found when booking a ticket, which was not advertised at all on the website ;-)

Dr. HFH Nov 10, 2017 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4 (Post 29044577)
Right, but I was talking about the list of advertised promotional fares on the website, not the golden tickets found when booking a ticket, which was not advertised at all on the website ;-)

Actually, I found about that particular one from a Tweet.