FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Qatar Airways | Privilege Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club-644/)
-   -   Sale Fares Discussion (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar-airways-privilege-club/1868118-sale-fares-discussion.html)

TheOldMan Nov 1, 2017 5:27 am

Have also just taken advantage of this offer to book ARN > DOH > KUL return April/May - £2200 for two people.
Any feedback on ARN as a departure point? Have seen various reports about very long security and passport control queues at departures.

dubflyer26 Nov 1, 2017 6:50 am

Does anybody have experience booking a 2 for 1 fare and changing one of the legs for just one of the passengers? I'm looking to fly on the same outbound as my wife but return separately and wondering if it is possible to do this with these fares, and also what the charge may be. Thanks

remdk Nov 1, 2017 7:30 am

dubflyer26 welcome to the QR forum.

I think you will find that the Terms and Conditions for the offer state that you must travel together.

What you are suggesting appears to defeat the purpose of the 2 for 1 offer!

dubflyer26 Nov 1, 2017 7:53 am

Originally Posted by remdk (Post 29003429)
dubflyer26 welcome to the QR forum.

I think you will find that the Terms and Conditions for the offer state that you must travel together.

What you are suggesting appears to defeat the purpose of the 2 for 1 offer!

Thank you remdk. What I was hoping was that we fly out together but back separately. I'm not clear from the Ts & Cs if this is possible, as the flights are changeable for a fee, but it doesn't state whether you can change just one or have to change both flights together.

JasperT Nov 1, 2017 8:04 am

Originally Posted by dubflyer26 (Post 29003525)
Thank you remdk. What I was hoping was that we fly out together but back separately. I'm not clear from the Ts & Cs if this is possible, as the flights are changeable for a fee, but it doesn't state whether you can change just one or have to change both flights together.

I'm not sure, I think you can change it seperately but it will come with a high cost that would defeat the discounted fare..

toz100 Nov 1, 2017 8:57 am

Just booked TXL-DOH-SIN in J for 2.500 € (for 2).

WorldLux Nov 1, 2017 9:13 am

Same that my NZ trip falls right into the blackout period. Crossing fingers that there's another sale by January that doesn't have that blackout period.

guide187 Nov 2, 2017 4:57 am

Originally Posted by plunet (Post 29007422)
One of the blogs stated KUL to LHR as being $1350, I've not tried searching for that myself.

Couldnt find this deals, anyone found? please help

ms101 Nov 2, 2017 5:11 am

Originally Posted by plunet (Post 29007422)
One of the blogs stated KUL to LHR as being $1350, I've not tried searching for that myself.

i've tried looking at some dates and its come out as £2k....

Managed to pull up SOF-TYO for £1200 though!

MegatopLover Nov 2, 2017 6:26 am

Originally Posted by ms101 (Post 29007323)
Has anyone seen any decent ex-SEA flights? I've tried KUL/SIN/SGN to EU and all comes out to around £2000 pp!

I take it you mean SouthEast Asia, not Seattle.

SGN to tons of places in the EU, including LHR, available for between 41,000,000 and 49,000,000 VND per pax in J on a two-to-go basis. That’s a range of $1850 to $2200 or so. Roughly 1750 GBP.

HAN a little cheaper than SGN.

PIKnic Nov 2, 2017 8:55 am

Originally Posted by TheOldMan (Post 29002991)
Have also just taken advantage of this offer to book ARN > DOH > KUL return April/May - £2200 for two people.
Any feedback on ARN as a departure point? Have seen various reports about very long security and passport control queues at departures.

We have used ARN a couple of times with QR and it was very straight forward and none of the issues that you mention. The lounge was nice and quiet and usable as well. I would say go for it !

TheOldMan Nov 2, 2017 9:32 am

Thank you!

Originally Posted by PIKnic (Post 29008712)
We have used ARN a couple of times with QR and it was very straight forward and none of the issues that you mention. The lounge was nice and quiet and usable as well. I would say go for it !

klimike Nov 2, 2017 5:17 pm

Just booked ARN - CPT - SGN for less than SEK 21,500 for two next October. You can also get to HND for a similar price.

natcin Nov 2, 2017 9:07 pm

based in SG and was sent the email regarding 3-for-2 in Y and 2-for-1 in J 20th anniversary promotion.

went to the QR website, and is it just me or for ex-SIN there are only Y 3-for-2 offers? clicking on the 'Premium Only' checkbox shows nothing...

Firemin Nov 3, 2017 3:30 am

Originally Posted by natcin (Post 29011886)
based in SG and was sent the email regarding 3-for-2 in Y and 2-for-1 in J 20th anniversary promotion.

went to the QR website, and is it just me or for ex-SIN there are only Y 3-for-2 offers? clicking on the 'Premium Only' checkbox shows nothing...

Yes I noticed that whilst browsing for some decent fares from the local area.

What is even more wierd is that the Taiwan QR website is quoting prices of around TWD 20000 for business class to Europe... which is about £550!!!

https://screenshots.firefoxuserconte...772bd9456b.png

Damned if I can find any prices anywhere near that though :confused: