Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 16, 2018, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Seat54
Inaugural Flight Wiki:

Flight Number // FT username // Seat Number // Connecting from/to
QR324 : lost_in_translation : classified : QR874 (DOH-CAN)
QR323 : seat54 : 7K : QR831 (BKK - DOH)
QR324 : seat54 : 7K : QR946 (DOH - SIN)
Print Wikipost

The CWL (Cardiff) Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2019, 3:15 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
I am fairly certain the answer is no, but as a Plat can I guest anyone into the CWL lounge?
Old Oct 25, 2019, 6:58 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
I am fairly certain the answer is no, but as a Plat can I guest anyone into the CWL lounge?
Shouldn't be a problem as per OneWorld rules assuming the person is on the same flight?
Old Oct 25, 2019, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by Schwann
Shouldn't be a problem as per OneWorld rules assuming the person is on the same flight?
They are yes.
Old Oct 25, 2019, 12:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Recently used the service. Was in the house within 30 minutes, great stuff.
Old Oct 28, 2019, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by bmibaby737
Recently used the service. Was in the house within 30 minutes, great stuff.
were the flights busy?
Old Oct 29, 2019, 8:08 am
Original Poster

were the flights busy?
about half full each way. Business seemed quite full. On arrival at Cardiff the dispatcher said the return to Doha was completely full.
Old Oct 29, 2019, 8:43 am

about half full each way. Business seemed quite full. On arrival at Cardiff the dispatcher said the return to Doha was completely full.
Interesting that business on all my recent flights has been almost full as well. My last few economy flights have been circa 66% full..
Old Nov 4, 2019, 11:50 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Gold
I’ve just watched the inbound being unloaded, and there were 3 very large pallets of freight being taken out of the hold. I have no idea if this is representative of a normal flight, however would easily offset some of the low load factors if they are managing to pack the hold each trip.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Shuttle_Endeavour
I’ve just watched the inbound being unloaded, and there were 3 very large pallets of freight being taken out of the hold. I have no idea if this is representative of a normal flight, however would easily offset some of the low load factors if they are managing to pack the hold each trip.
The flights are subsided via a Welsh Government "marketing Wales abroad" deal. I doubt they pay diddly squat in airport fees either.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 9:48 am

The flights are subsided via a Welsh Government "marketing Wales abroad" deal. I doubt they pay diddly squat in airport fees either.
But isn't the two year relationship coming to an end next May? Any news of it being continued?
Old Nov 6, 2019, 5:19 pm
Original Poster

But isn't the two year relationship coming to an end next May? Any news of it being continued?
flights are bookable until October 2020 at this point. I’d surprised if it wasn’t extended to be honest.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 2:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
The upside of QR operating the route is that it doesn't really need to make any money.
Old Nov 7, 2019, 2:22 am

flights are bookable until October 2020 at this point. I’d surprised if it wasn’t extended to be honest.
The caveat there being they could cancel those flights and re route passengers to Birmingham, LHR , LGW etc.

Personally , I hope and think the route will stay. I am flying again on Saturday.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 9:11 am

September's figures are now out and there are another set of reasonable, but not good, figures for CWL.

September saw 9030 passengers take the CWL-DOH-CWL route which averages 151 per flight or 59% in terms of LF. Not good, but the figures are not that far behind Birmingham's.

Most UK-DOH routes saw very good growth again in September compared to September last year. Growth was between 50 and 11%. CWL again grew very very slowly at just 1%. Birmingham actually saw a fall of 3%.
Old Nov 15, 2019, 8:45 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by TravelDream
September's figures are now out and there are another set of reasonable, but not good, figures for CWL.

September saw 9030 passengers take the CWL-DOH-CWL route which averages 151 per flight or 59% in terms of LF. Not good, but the figures are not that far behind Birmingham's.

Most UK-DOH routes saw very good growth again in September compared to September last year. Growth was between 50 and 11%. CWL again grew very very slowly at just 1%. Birmingham actually saw a fall of 3%.
Very interesting but difficult to read anything into it without yield, I don’t have a sense of whether the average BHX passenger is paying the same as the average CWL one. LHR is a case in point, load factors are normally nowhere near 100% but J is almost always completely full with passengers on expensive fares, I think there is a good chance QR’s A380 route to LHR is profitable even when it goes out close to 50% full because a very disproportionate number of passengers are sat in J and F.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.