Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre-Select Dining

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2019, 4:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
I see if you now pre select dining they send you a confirmation email of your selection. In the past when I have selected this option it was acknowledged on board maybe 70% of the time.
Don't remember a confirmation email, but on two flights this month I was thanked profusely by the senior cabin crew member for pre-selecting my meal ("it helps us so much, it's so good of you, etc, etc"), as part of the "thanks for flying with us" spiel on descent
Old May 17, 2019, 12:30 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Qatar Airways - Meal request confirmation

Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
I see if you now pre select dining they send you a confirmation email of your selection.
In the past when I have selected this option it was acknowledged on board maybe 70% of the time.
Oh wow - you are right - I didn't even notice that.
I've only noticed a lot of the "Seat request confirmation" emails.

It was sent last month too for PHL/JFK, but not for my BOS flight last Nov. (though my meal request was not fulfilled for PHL, I pre ordered a mixed seafood & I opted to eat later during the flight & when I was ready, they had given away that option but they did manage to find some seafood scraps for me in the galley
So if a specific meal is important, you'd have to remind the cabin crew when they are taking meal orders.

And a gentle reminder to anyone if you have food allergies, please pre order your SPL meals or inform the airline prior to your flight.
The passenger seated next to me to PHL was going on & on about her food allergies during meal time & yet she did not pre order any special meals.
She just selected from the regular menu - and the worst part was that her friend or partner, who was seated on the other side of the cabin, came over & she continued her rant about "I have food allergies" .. it got pretty annoying real fast.
Old May 17, 2019, 12:35 am

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
DOH-LAX QR 739
Main course

Aubergine tortellini with goat cheese•
Parmesan, sauteed spinach and lemon cream sauce

Lamb machboos >> I tried it on the DOHPHL flight, it was kinda like a lamb briyani rice dish
fragrant basmati rice with crispy onions, pine nuts and cucumber raita

Mixed grilled seafood
herbed caper butter, tomatoes and balsamic puy lentils

Roasted spring chicken with morel cream sauce
sweet potato pureee, buttered asparagus and tomato confit

LAX - DOH QR 740
Main course
Aubergine tortellini with sundried tomato sauce •Vegetarian
parmesan cheese and rocket leaves

Roasted spring chicken with morel cream sauce
sweet potato pureee, buttered asparagus and tomato confit

Stir fried prawns with chilli and egg sauce
steamed jasmine rice and kailan
Old Jun 20, 2019, 2:58 am
dsf

Programs: Nowt of note.
Booked CPH-DOH-SYD return back in Jan. All along, MMB has mentioned that I could choose a special meal at any time, or pre-select dining from T-14. Today, 13 days before the DOH-SYD flight, it's only offering me the special meals with no mention of pre-select.
sriegert likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 3:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
preselect was available for my booking too, at least the "Button" for it and is now also gone, hmm? Just a glitch?
Old Jun 20, 2019, 4:41 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by dsf
Booked CPH-DOH-SYD return back in Jan. All along, MMB has mentioned that I could choose a special meal at any time, or pre-select dining from T-14. Today, 13 days before the DOH-SYD flight, it's only offering me the special meals with no mention of pre-select.
This has happened quite a few times to me. Keep checking, The pre select option has always reappeared(eventually)
sriegert likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I don't understand how people do this, on QR or any other airline. I have no idea what I'm going to want to eat for some specific meal late next week. It depends on so many factors.... How hungry am I? Did I just have a big meal with colleagues/clients? What are my plans on arrival? Is my stomach upset? I just can't predict this stuff, and can't predict what I'm going to want to eat.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 7:48 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
I don't understand how people do this, on QR or any other airline. I have no idea what I'm going to want to eat for some specific meal late next week. It depends on so many factors.... How hungry am I? Did I just have a big meal with colleagues/clients? What are my plans on arrival? Is my stomach upset? I just can't predict this stuff, and can't predict what I'm going to want to eat.
Its not about what one wants to eat on the day its about want one would/could eat based upon the often limited/polarising choices offered!@:-) Plus, of course, if you change your mind & don't want/need to eat, then don't! Easy.
Traveller999 and nilsfr69 like this.
Old Jun 21, 2019, 7:28 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
The advantage of doing it, is that you can see the menu in advance and then you secure your first choice meal. As there are only three or four options , it isn't that difficult as most people would not like one or two of the other options.
NoY likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by nilsfr69
preselect was available for my booking too, at least the "Button" for it and is now also gone, hmm? Just a glitch?
Happened to me too. Tried another browser, assuming it was blocked or something but nada.
Oh well, will wait as it's a few more days before I can fly again.
Hopefully the food selection will be better than my 2017 flight.
sriegert likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 9:48 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, KrisFlyer Elite Gold
two flights next week -- not working for either
flightcrew1 likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2019, 4:54 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I got "the" push msg for it in QRs iOs app, but still, nada.
flightcrew1 likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 6:42 pm

Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist AA EXP
Originally Posted by nilsfr69
I got "the" push msg for it in QRs iOs app, but still, nada.
me neither
Old Jun 29, 2019, 9:08 pm

Programs: EY, QR Platinum, BA Gold
I leave on the 12th July from Bangkok but got on my App on the phone a message saying can pre select dining DOH to LHR. Have searched both on the App and on my PC and other than Special meals, can't find anything for business class meals. Am I looking in the right place?
Old Jun 30, 2019, 2:51 am

Programs: KLM Flying Blue, Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer, British Airways Executive Club
We have the same issue - flying this Friday via DOH and also cannot see the pre-select dining link (both on app and website). Can only pre-select the regular special meals (veg, etc) but definitely not selecting the main course.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.