Pre-Select Dining

Old May 16, 19, 4:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and other non-status plastic)
Originally Posted by celtic_warrior View Post
I see if you now pre select dining they send you a confirmation email of your selection. In the past when I have selected this option it was acknowledged on board maybe 70% of the time.
Don't remember a confirmation email, but on two flights this month I was thanked profusely by the senior cabin crew member for pre-selecting my meal ("it helps us so much, it's so good of you, etc, etc"), as part of the "thanks for flying with us" spiel on descent
Old May 17, 19, 12:30 am

Programs: THAI ROP SL, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, SQ KF GO, LCAH GO, Marriott BONVOY SL, HILTON GO
Qatar Airways - Meal request confirmation

Originally Posted by celtic_warrior View Post
I see if you now pre select dining they send you a confirmation email of your selection.
In the past when I have selected this option it was acknowledged on board maybe 70% of the time.
Oh wow - you are right - I didn't even notice that.
I've only noticed a lot of the "Seat request confirmation" emails.

It was sent last month too for PHL/JFK, but not for my BOS flight last Nov. (though my meal request was not fulfilled for PHL, I pre ordered a mixed seafood & I opted to eat later during the flight & when I was ready, they had given away that option but they did manage to find some seafood scraps for me in the galley
So if a specific meal is important, you'd have to remind the cabin crew when they are taking meal orders.

And a gentle reminder to anyone if you have food allergies, please pre order your SPL meals or inform the airline prior to your flight.
The passenger seated next to me to PHL was going on & on about her food allergies during meal time & yet she did not pre order any special meals.
She just selected from the regular menu - and the worst part was that her friend or partner, who was seated on the other side of the cabin, came over & she continued her rant about "I have food allergies" .. it got pretty annoying real fast.
Old May 17, 19, 12:35 am

Programs: THAI ROP SL, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, SQ KF GO, LCAH GO, Marriott BONVOY SL, HILTON GO
DOH-LAX QR 739
Main course

Aubergine tortellini with goat cheese•
Parmesan, sauteed spinach and lemon cream sauce

Lamb machboos >> I tried it on the DOHPHL flight, it was kinda like a lamb briyani rice dish
fragrant basmati rice with crispy onions, pine nuts and cucumber raita

Mixed grilled seafood
herbed caper butter, tomatoes and balsamic puy lentils

Roasted spring chicken with morel cream sauce
sweet potato pureee, buttered asparagus and tomato confit

LAX - DOH QR 740
Main course
Aubergine tortellini with sundried tomato sauce •Vegetarian
parmesan cheese and rocket leaves

Roasted spring chicken with morel cream sauce
sweet potato pureee, buttered asparagus and tomato confit

Stir fried prawns with chilli and egg sauce