Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre-Select Dining

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by kl1987
These were exactly the same pre-select choices I had on DOH - JNB in July.
I had the sliders expecting to get beef and chicken sliders like I had on a previous flight, but got a chicken slider and some fish type slider. Wasn't too pleasant.
What I find interesting is that both you had the option of pre-ordering something that would normally be on the light options/any time dining menu (sliders) as your main on a seemingly breakfast flight. I haven’t seen that option before
Old Sep 8, 2019, 3:16 pm

Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist AA EXP
Originally Posted by olafman
I had no trouble selecting my meal DOH-CPT.

I'll post a picture once I've been served.
When are you flying? I am curious about the bouillabaisse as I had an awful one with American one week ago LAX-LHR. I will have the same choice that you have in one week with QR...
Old Sep 8, 2019, 5:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by afmiami
When are you flying? I am curious about the bouillabaisse as I had an awful one with American one week ago LAX-LHR. I will have the same choice that you have in one week with QR...
I doubt it could be any worse unless QR take a leaf out of AA's books and serve it with quinoa.
afmiami likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2019, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by ekfb

It,s a joke. DOH-SIN departing 20:00h, this is what you get for dinner - chicken and pasta. This is usually economy choice in Lifthansa
I have these choices coming up for DOH-SGN in a few weeks. What was the full menu? Were there more main course choices available?
Old Sep 19, 2019, 6:50 am

Programs: QR Platinum, WY Gold, Shangri-la Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Schwann
I have these choices coming up for DOH-SGN in a few weeks. What was the full menu? Were there more main course choices available?
I had the same as you for this menu in pre-select - the full menu once on board was as below:

Schwann and Raijin like this.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 9:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Schwann
I got the same menu for DOH - BKK on Sep 30. Any recommendations?
Old Sep 25, 2019, 10:58 pm

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
I did KUL-DOH-ZAG recently and the only meat options on combined flights were: 1 chicken main and a turkey sausage for breakfast! Far, far below what you should be able to expect from flying J on world's best business class!
GalaxyChris likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 2:52 am

Programs: Oman Air Gold, Qatar Airways Platinum, Marriott Ambassador, HH Diamond, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
I just saw my menu for DOH-LAX and disappointed to say the least, for a 16 hour flight only 4 options! I am assuming on board things will be slightly different otherwise they can expect a LONG email to tellus!!!
Old Sep 27, 2019, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by AbuCordoba
I just saw my menu for DOH-LAX and disappointed to say the least, for a 16 hour flight only 4 options! I am assuming on board things will be slightly different otherwise they can expect a LONG email to tellus!!!
From reading the menus thread, I suspect you have only seen the 4 choices from the dinner/lunch menu available for pre-selection. There will also be breakfast and snacks/light bites selections depending on the timing of the flight.
Old Sep 27, 2019, 6:25 am

Originally Posted by Raijin
I got the same menu for DOH - BKK on Sep 30. Any recommendations?
The beef short rib was lovely! Can't prebook it but if you've got the menu above with the crumble for dessert then I reccomend it.
Raijin likes this.

Last edited by Schwann; Sep 28, 2019 at 3:57 am
Old Oct 10, 2019, 11:11 am

Programs: QR PC Platinum

QR830 DOH-BKK 24/10/2019
Old Oct 15, 2019, 2:50 am

These are the pre-select options for QR866 DOH - PEN on 27 Oct 2019 (flight leaves DOH at 2.10am):
  1. Emmental cheese and spring onion omelette with chicken and smoked turkey sausage, grilled tomato, mushrooms and asparagus
  2. Mini sliders: beef and chicken burgers with melted cheese served with cucumber and tomato salad
  3. Seabass congee: ginger, shiitake and soy sauce
  4. Stir fried beef in oyster and soy sauce with fried rice Asian style vegetables and chilli garlic sauce
  5. Traditional Arabic breakfast
I am thinking of ordering a Kosher meal. Guess that means calling Customer Services. If that doesn't work, it will have to be the Arabic breakfast.
Old Dec 11, 2019, 3:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold for Life
I am flying in J class from DOH to CMB in a week's time. No option to pre-select has come up and QR customer service are saying that DOH-CMB is one of 8 routes where they don't do pre-select dining (Is this correct? If so why don't they simply clarify this in the booking or on the website snd manage expectations! Having said that does anyone know what the likely menu is for QR 654, departing at 09.15? May determine if I go down the special meal track
Thanks
Old Dec 11, 2019, 6:06 am

This is the first time that I have heard that there is no pre-select on any flights leaving DOH. Have you tried calling back and speaking to another agent?
I do the DOH-CMB flight about once per year but thi time we are on a codeshare with UL, so I can't help.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 6:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold for Life
Originally Posted by Yanshuf
This is the first time that I have heard that there is no pre-select on any flights leaving DOH. Have you tried calling back and speaking to another agent?
I do the DOH-CMB flight about once per year but thi time we are on a codeshare with UL, so I can't help.
I have spoken with 3 different agents who all tell a different story. The one I mentioned in the post; the 'try again later' reply; and the latest was, 'we dont yet know what the menu is'. And I am flying in two days time...really? Does anyone know what the menu on a 09.15 flight from DOH to CMB will look like?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.