Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar safety video

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2017, 2:01 pm

Programs: FB Silver - STE, BAEC Bronze - OW Ruby
I'm not a psychologist, but I wonder how much of the information sticks in the mind of pax when shown a 'fancy' video such as the FCB or the DL meme video. Honestly if I would be flying for the first time and my english/arabic was not very good I would not be sure how to operate the life jacket etc. Of course there is the security leaflet and you can ask cabin crew, but what passenger bothers when nothing is happening yet?

When a real emergency without a long prep-time (such as double engine flame-out directly after T/O or before landing with subsequent ditching) I think pax on a video airplane could come off worse than pax that viewed a manual demonstration. Would be interesting to read up on some research on this topic

Anyway, saw the non-FCB video on A350 A7-ALH 3 weeks ago, all my other QR flights (8 in total) this month were with the FCB video. Catchy melody
Old Aug 5, 2017, 5:12 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite / LH Senator / KL Gold / QR Gold
Originally Posted by tobitronics
I'm not a psychologist, but I wonder how much of the information sticks in the mind of pax when shown a 'fancy' video such as the FCB or the DL meme video. Honestly if I would be flying for the first time and my english/arabic was not very good I would not be sure how to operate the life jacket etc. Of course there is the security leaflet and you can ask cabin crew, but what passenger bothers when nothing is happening yet?

When a real emergency without a long prep-time (such as double engine flame-out directly after T/O or before landing with subsequent ditching) I think pax on a video airplane could come off worse than pax that viewed a manual demonstration. Would be interesting to read up on some research on this topic

Anyway, saw the non-FCB video on A350 A7-ALH 3 weeks ago, all my other QR flights (8 in total) this month were with the FCB video. Catchy melody
I am sure there is already some research on that topic. Maybe I will dive into this a bit.
I just hope 'the whistle is about to blow' for a new video soon
Old Aug 5, 2017, 7:53 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, EK Gold
Talking of psychology and actually paying attention... With all these videos, I just mentally crawl into a ball and wait for it to be over. Same applies to the cheesy destination videos one is forced to watch.

With, say, Virgin Australia they first have an announcement using words like "... please give our staff the courtesy of your attention..." and then they briefly go on with the manual demonstration. I usually end up watching carefully even if I may have flewn before as after being asked like that and given that there are real human beings trying to do their job it would be really rude not to.

Edit: typo.

Last edited by SingaporeJoe; Aug 5, 2017 at 7:59 pm
Old Aug 5, 2017, 7:59 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, EK Gold
On the topic of Neymar. Isn't Qatar the majority owner of Paris St-Germain where he is being transferred? Read an article about how this is all about Qatar PR to gain sympathy with the current political situation and to wash (the blood off) their hands after the heavy negative publicity on the soccer world cup stadium construction. Sorry, the article is behing a paywall and in Finnish so linking it here probably wouldn't do much good. Not sure whether I fully agree with it but that is a point at least worth considering.
Old Jun 11, 2018, 7:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jckl

I actually miss the plain video with the blonde man blowing the mouthpiece while giving the camera death stare, he is gorgeous and he does some 'je ne sais quoi' to me, makes me feel funny in a good way lol.
Does anyone know his name? Is he an actor or does he work for QR?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.