Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Qatar safety video

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2017, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
Qatar safety video

Just wondering what with Neymar now leaving Barcelona for PSG whether QA will be updating its safety video!!
Old Aug 3, 2017, 4:37 pm
zsc

Programs: QR Silver / BA Silver
QR has already removed the FCB safety video for certain flights, just flew KUL-DOH-LHR a week ago and the safety video screened was a basic non-sponsored one. Not sure if related to Neymar's departure, but answers your question, hopefully.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 5:24 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by zsc
QR has already removed the FCB safety video for certain flights, just flew KUL-DOH-LHR a week ago and the safety video screened was a basic non-sponsored one. Not sure if related to Neymar's departure, but answers your question, hopefully.
Thank God for that! I wish they'd stick to a short safety video without the soccer/football nonsense. It's especially jarring to have to watch it twice in a row
Old Aug 3, 2017, 5:46 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, EK Gold
Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
Thank God for that! I wish they'd stick to a short safety video without the soccer/football nonsense. It's especially jarring to have to watch it twice in a row
Agree! The one by Air New Zealand with the LOTR theme was clever but the copycats that have been popping up ever since (incl. the Bear Gryllis NZ video) have been mostly annoying. The football themed one with QR is particularly annoying. And it's loooooooong which means the entropy is way too low.

Now that I mention it... I used to think that the themed safety videos are popping up everywhere but now that I think of it, can't recall that many. I guess they don't make a lasting impression. No wonder I have to watch carefully even if I may have flewn before
Old Aug 3, 2017, 7:39 pm

I personally think these 'themed gimmick safety vids' are meant to be short lived, 1-2 months rotation like NZ, not 13 months on QR...

Jokes get stale the second time round, given how majority go QR pax are transit pax, that means one watches it 4 times on outbound, 4 again inbound. My deepest condolences to the crew who have to watch them day in day out. I've resorted to put on noice cancelling headphones and focus on my phone during the safety video since the first rolled out last July on my second outbound leg. That does not help with the safety of the flight and is against the video's intention.

I actually miss the plain video with the blonde man blowing the mouthpiece while giving the camera death stare, he is gorgeous and he does some 'je ne sais quoi' to me, makes me feel funny in a good way lol.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 11:15 pm

I'd rather watch them do the live demonstration!
Old Aug 4, 2017, 4:53 am

Originally Posted by Mountlodge
Just wondering what with Neymar now leaving Barcelona for PSG whether QA will be updating its safety video!!
This seems irrelevant anyway as Qatar Airways' sponsorship of FCB already ended last June 30th. FCB's official sponsor now is Japanese company called Rakuten.

The video should've been long gone anyway!
Old Aug 5, 2017, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
+1!
Old Aug 5, 2017, 3:21 am

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald) & Jet Airways - Thank goodness i never got started.......most awful FF program
Flew back to LHR in Thursday and got the pleasure of having to watch the "ohh Neymar!" twice.....always a pleasure to watch it in Arabic as well.

Bring back the generic QR safety video....
Old Aug 5, 2017, 3:33 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador Elite / LH Senator / KL Gold / QR Gold
I think whats most annoying besides QR lack of innovation is to have to watch the entire thing twice. After the English screening probably 95% of the passengers just hope the Arabic version will be over fast :P

Other airlines are doing a much better job by breaking up the videos in topics (e.g. 'how to fasten your seatbelt' in the local language and then directly in English).

If you really want to get peoples' attention than a manual demonstration is likely still best.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 3:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by hotwingz

After the English screening probably 95% of the passengers just hope the Arabic version will be over fast :P
I'll stick my head above the parapet and admit to being one of the 5%. I watch both English and Arabic versions every time (so eight viewings just last month ). I love it!

Try watching the RJ pre-flight safety video (as I did last month for the first time ever) - that will make you appreciate QR's.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
Try watching the RJ pre-flight safety video (as I did last month for the first time ever) - that will make you appreciate QR's.
Safety videos should portray a sense of seriousness and exude professionalism. Cheesy, repetitive, tired jokes just do not belong in a safety video nor is the use of 'famous' people to attract attention appropriate.

I think we need to bring back the CX 2006 era style short and punchy safety videos that uses real aircraft cabin parts. They are bilingual with Cantonese and English lines back to back, not played again from the start.

Cathay Pacific Safety Video Before 2006
Old Aug 5, 2017, 10:56 am

Programs: BA SL, CX GR, IHG Plat Amb
IMHO I'm impressed with this innovative safety video with some sense of humour. Not many safety videos caught my eyeballs but QR did. However I do agree that playing it twice on every leg is just too long. Is the new video also being played twice?
Old Aug 5, 2017, 10:59 am

Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
I'll stick my head above the parapet and admit to being one of the 5%. I watch both English and Arabic versions every time (so eight viewings just last month ). I love it!
Phil the Flyer, you my friend must be twisted! Lol
Old Aug 5, 2017, 1:48 pm
zsc

Programs: QR Silver / BA Silver
Originally Posted by SLGO
IMHO I'm impressed with this innovative safety video with some sense of humour. Not many safety videos caught my eyeballs but QR did. However I do agree that playing it twice on every leg is just too long. Is the new video also being played twice?
Yup.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.