Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status & Redundancy

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2017, 5:54 am
sam
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas Gold; BA Silver; Virgin Australia Platinum; Virgin Atlantic Gold
Status & Redundancy

I lost my job by redundancy at end November just after achieving Platinum status. What is the chance that Qatar would extend the life of my Qcredits or my status? If you think there is a chance how should I contact them?
Old May 2, 2017, 6:03 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by sam
I lost my job by redundancy at end November just after achieving Platinum status. What is the chance that Qatar would extend the life of my Qcredits or my status? If you think there is a chance how should I contact them?
Really sorry for you!
I cannot imagine however that QR will do anything like you suggested. On which basis should they do that? They have rules for their FFP. Anything else is not their business.
Old May 2, 2017, 6:12 am
sam
Original Poster

Programs: Qantas Gold; BA Silver; Virgin Australia Platinum; Virgin Atlantic Gold
Originally Posted by toz100
Really sorry for you!
I cannot imagine however that QR will do anything like you suggested. On which basis should they do that? They have rules for their FFP. Anything else is not their business.
I'm not saying they 'should' do that. I'm just wondering if they might. Many airlines pause status for maternity leave even if their ts & cs don't require it.
Old May 2, 2017, 6:29 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by sam
I'm not saying they 'should' do that. I'm just wondering if they might. Many airlines pause status for maternity leave even if their ts & cs don't require it.
I have never heard of something like that, interesting. Do these airlines also give extensions when you get sick and cannot fly for some time? But even if some airlines do that (which ones?) I would still doubt that QR will do this. QR is not considered to be very flexible in things like this.
But have a try!
Old May 2, 2017, 6:31 am

sam maternity leave is very different from your situation! I am afraid that PC will not even consider your wishes let alone fulfill them!
Old May 3, 2017, 2:33 am
sam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by remdk
sam maternity leave is very different from your situation! I am afraid that PC will not even consider your wishes let alone fulfill them!
Interestingly BAEC did consider my wishes. They didn't fulfill them but I hadn't really expected them too as I earned only 20 tier points last year (having switched my allegiance to QRPC).

I now consider my switch of allegiance from BAEC to QRPC as a mistake. QR may have a cheaper and better hard product and cabin crew but BA know how to keep customers loyal!
Old May 3, 2017, 2:47 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by remdk
Regrettably, remdk is incorrect in this matter.

QRPC will consider the request, dependent on the number of flights you have flown.

If you qualified for Platinum with ease, and finished the year with 3 or 4 times as many flights needed, QR will consider the request and may even do you a favour.

Good luck

M
Old May 3, 2017, 2:50 am
sam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by msm2000uk
QRPC will consider the request, dependent on the number of flights you have flown.
What is the best way to contact them in order to ask them to consider the request?
Old May 3, 2017, 3:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by sam

I now consider my switch of allegiance from BAEC to QRPC as a mistake. QR may have a cheaper and better hard product and cabin crew but BA know how to keep customers loyal!
Aren't you confusing BA and BAEC? It is perfectly possible to continue flying QR while retaining BAEC - I've been doing it for the past four years.
Old May 3, 2017, 3:49 am

Programs: QRPC Silver, BA Silver
Sam

Really sorry to hear about your circumstances. I hope something will be forthcoming in the very near future for you!

As MSM suggests, QR are not totally inflexible... especially as a platinum member you have proven your worth and loyalty. On your qr dashboard you have a priority services contact email - I would email them here initially and explain your situation.

Good Luck.
Old May 3, 2017, 5:12 am
sam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
Aren't you confusing BA and BAEC? It is perfectly possible to continue flying QR while retaining BAEC - I've been doing it for the past four years.
Not confused. I switch my OW FFP because I was flying almost exclusively with QR for 12 months and likely to redeem exclusively with QR. It meant I earned more bonus points and had better access to redemption availability.
Old May 3, 2017, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by sam
1) Cheaper hard product; 2) Better hard product; 3) Better cabin crew...???? I don't know about you, Sam, but those three things are exactly what turned me into a loyal QR customer!! (Or did I miss the sarcasm....?)
Old May 3, 2017, 12:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Melia Gold, Shangri-La Jade, BA Amex PP, Iberia+, Nandos Card
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
1) Cheaper hard product; 2) Better hard product; 3) Better cabin crew...???? I don't know about you, Sam, but those three things are exactly what turned me into a loyal QR customer!! (Or did I miss the sarcasm....?)
You can be a 'loyal QR customer' and still credit your flights to a different FFP...

Also - cheaper hard product? Not from LON!
Old May 4, 2017, 12:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by obduro

You can be a 'loyal QR customer' and still credit your flights to a different FFP...
Precisely my point!

Again, while BA doesn't currently see much of my business BAEC is a fairly decent FFP. Mrs PtF and I are both more than half-way to Lifetime Gold, our HHA (Household Account) consists of three Gold and four Silver members, and the ability to pool Avios from all OW airlines makes it a no-brainer for us to stick with BAEC - no matter how much business we give to QR.

What happens if the OP takes his business away from QR? Is he going to change FFP again?
Old May 5, 2017, 8:03 am
sam
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
Precisely my point!

Again, while BA doesn't currently see much of my business BAEC is a fairly decent FFP. Mrs PtF and I are both more than half-way to Lifetime Gold, our HHA (Household Account) consists of three Gold and four Silver members, and the ability to pool Avios from all OW airlines makes it a no-brainer for us to stick with BAEC - no matter how much business we give to QR.

What happens if the OP takes his business away from QR? Is he going to change FFP again?
Whilst there is no hard link between FFP & flights, the purpose of the FFP is to engender some loyalty to the airline (not just the alliance). My point is that I think BA do a very good job of this and Qatar do a very poor job.

I switched my FFP to Qatar and, had this served me well, it would have also resulted in me retaining more of my flying with Qatar. I will switch back to BAEC because I am not impressed with QRPC.

As it turns out, BA now have revenue sharing with Qatar, the choice between flying Qatar and BA makes little difference to either of them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.