Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Doha to Boston flight loads

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2017, 11:00 am
Original Poster

Doha to Boston flight loads

I just checked seat availability on flight 744 to Boston departing in seven weeks. It showed just six economy seats booked. Has the demand on this route dropped recently?
Old Mar 25, 2017, 11:15 am

Programs: M&M, BA Silver, Accor LeClub Gold
seat availability isn't a great indication of bookings. Also, giving the precise date would also help those in the know to check the actual load
Old Mar 25, 2017, 11:15 am

fleet100 what you saw was the six passengers who have selected seats for the flight. If you do not select a seat then you will not appear on the seatmaps. This is a little quirk of QR! Should the cabin approach full utilisation then those passengers who have not selected seats will be assigned seats temporarily.

So seatmaps do not show occupancy and you are left in the dark as to how many passengers there are in the cabin.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 12:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ptr120
seat availability isn't a great indication of bookings. Also, giving the precise date would also help those in the know to check the actual load
The flight date I checked was 5/26.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 8:58 pm

My last flight DOH-BOS was 3\4 full up front, not sure about economy, but it did seem pretty light by the amount of pax walking back. Not bad seeing a lot of people will get a whole row to themselves.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 9:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
My mom flew DOH-BOS last Tuesday and reported that it was roughly half full in J. Not sure about Y.
Old Mar 25, 2017, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by remdk
fleet100 what you saw was the six passengers who have selected seats for the flight. If you do not select a seat then you will not appear on the seatmaps. This is a little quirk of QR!
I believe that it's like that with most/all airlines. Based on my own experience, it's certainly the case for AA, BA and CX. Seatmaps show those specific seats which have been selected by or allocated to specific, individual passengers. Those who have rezzies but have not yet selected seats don't appear on the seatmap at all.

I fly the BOS/DOH route about every other month; and IME it's either full or close to full in the J cabin. I don't think that I've ever seen more than four or five empty seats.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 1:24 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, DL GM/MM, HH Dia, PC Plat, MR Gold, ALL Sil,
I just flew BOS-DOH and all but 3 or 4 seats were full in business. Don't know about coach but based on those in the waiting area, would guess it was maybe 75% full.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.