Search

Visa & Turnaround at ALG

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2016, 6:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK Gold, Accor Gold
Visa & Turnaround at ALG

Hi All,

I am booked on a fight from ALG to DOH to HKG on Jan. 31st, as well as back HKG to DOH to ALG on 9th February.

The QR flight leaves ALG at 10.00 PM on Jan 31st, and arrives in ALG at 12.35 PM on Feb. 9th.

I have a connecting flight (different PNR) arriving from CDG at 3.00 PM on the 31st and leaving to CDG at 4.30 PM on the 9th. This gives me about 4-5 hrs between the flights.

Two questions:

1) Will it be enough in your opinion? (transit time)
2) Do I need an Algerian VISA or I will be able to transit without one? (EU Passport)

Thanks
Old Dec 9, 2016, 8:14 am

Programs: Qatar PC,Iberia
Originally Posted by Danusa86
Hi All,

I am booked on a fight from ALG to DOH to HKG on Jan. 31st, as well as back HKG to DOH to ALG on 9th February.

The QR flight leaves ALG at 10.00 PM on Jan 31st, and arrives in ALG at 12.35 PM on Feb. 9th.

I have a connecting flight (different PNR) arriving from CDG at 3.00 PM on the 31st and leaving to CDG at 4.30 PM on the 9th. This gives me about 4-5 hrs between the flights.

Two questions:

1) Will it be enough in your opinion? (transit time)
2) Do I need an Algerian VISA or I will be able to transit without one? (EU Passport)

Thanks
Hello:
-the transit time will be OK(2 important points:the departure gate closes early than in Europe and the passport controls can take you about 45 min)
- Officially you need a transit visa( 55 multientry transit visa...ask the Argelia embassy in your country).I'm pretty sure you can also obtain the visa directly in ALG airport but it can be risky as in CDG or HGK airport could ask you for it to complete your travel details to obtain the boarding pass
Good luck
Old Feb 1, 2017, 9:40 pm

Programs: LH&BA
No visa required.
Upon arrival fill out immigration card,go to counter and say transit with xXxX airline.
​​​​​​​
Show itinerary. Officer will take passport and contact airline agent.
Which airline you will continue ? Qatar I assume.

This process will take from 45 minutes to 2 hours and it depends on the officer how quick he is handling your passport or basically if he hands over your passport to the airline or not.

I have done twice and do not be scared of you sitting on the bank and wait.

​​​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.