Community
Wiki Posts
Search

More schedule changes

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2017, 11:31 am

Okay so I just logged into manage my booking 3 days prior to departure to find all my flights have had schedule changes between 15-35 minutes. No notification some are now departing earlier and some arriving later. Called QR call centre. I asked why I had not been notified of the flight changes to which the agent said the flights had been schedule changed a month ago but admitted I had not been notified and was still on queue and said I would have been notified prior to departure. I find this hard to believe I would have been notified in the next 3 days.... I asked what would have happened if I had arrived close to checkin deadline and missed the flight because of not being notified the agent didn't have an answer to that....Anyway one of the flights is no longer suitable for me due to the fact I now have booked a domestic flight. QR said the schedule change is not significant which I understand if you notify your customers in advance this is acceptable but when you don't notify your customers and they only find out 3 days prior to departure shouldn't their be some leniency? Since my departure point is ARN and I haven't been notified of the schedule change at least 14 days prior to departure doesn't this fall under EU rules for Air Passenger Rights? Booked in business if it makes a difference.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 3:03 pm

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
AU25 I don't know what are you rights now but unfortunately QR almost never notifies flights schedule changes. Just use MyFlights app with all your flights to avoid discovering too late that kind of situation. And anyway, never book a tight connection on separate tickets as QR doesn't allow for a free change of flight under a 2 hours flight schedule change.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 11:05 am

Thanks! I know its my own fault having tight connection but only booked a few weeks ago thinking the schedule had been finalised. I love QR and think they have one of the best onboard products but its things like not notifying customers of schedule changes that really lets them down. It's not hard can be simply in the form of a schedule change email notifcation. Low cost carriers manage to do it and I know for a fact that there are programs that exist that automate the schedule change email process for airlines. I don't get why QR wouldn't just invest in this if they haven't? Anyways will try my luck with pushing EU passenger air rights since they failed to notify me at least 14 days prior to departure since this is an ex EU departure.
Old Sep 16, 2017, 6:54 am

More changes!

My original QR149 was scheduled to arrive in madrid at 1pm... after some months... they change to 1.30pm... so i am ok... 2 months from the flight. I book the train from spain to seville at 3pm... giving me enough time to get to atocha... but now.... the schedule has changed to 2pm... which makes it impossible to reach the seville train. I uograded the flights with Qcredits.

Any chance of moving the flight earlier so that i can make it oj the train?
Old Sep 16, 2017, 10:30 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by tboons
My original QR149 was scheduled to arrive in madrid at 1pm... after some months... they change to 1.30pm... so i am ok... 2 months from the flight. I book the train from spain to seville at 3pm... giving me enough time to get to atocha... but now.... the schedule has changed to 2pm... which makes it impossible to reach the seville train. I uograded the flights with Qcredits.

Any chance of moving the flight earlier so that i can make it oj the train?
Unfortunately no.
You might get lucky and land ahead of time in MAD, but even without that flight schedule change, your flight might be delayed... I would never book such a short plane to train connection...
My last plane to train connection was in BRU and I had more than 2 hours between them and also bought a cheap spare late train ticket, just in case everything went wrong, but fortunately it didn't 😊

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.