Community
Wiki Posts
Search

R Class Business Ticket

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2016, 12:56 am
Original Poster

R Class Business Ticket

Looking at booking flights to Phuket , business promo tickets, class R, other than no refund any other disadvantages to be aware of? Most importantly I take it we can still access Al Mourjan Lounge? I don’t think we’ll qualify for transfer accommodation even though connection over 8 hours and no other shorter connection?
Old May 30, 2016, 2:44 am

Tmac15 Class R and STPC (Paid transfer accommodation): Please look at the fare rules for your ticket to see if STPC is excluded. There could be a problem with STPC since Class R is new and no one appears to know if it qualifies for STPC or not. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...l#post26619195 for more information.
Class R is Business class and you will have access to Al Mourjan.
Since you give no origin I cannot see if you qualify for STPC or not.
Old May 30, 2016, 2:50 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by remdk
Tmac15 Class R and STPC (Paid transfer accommodation): Please look at the fare rules for your ticket to see if STPC is excluded. There could be a problem with STPC since Class R is new and no one appears to know if it qualifies for STPC or not. See http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...l#post26619195 for more information.
Class R is Business class and you will have access to Al Mourjan.
Since you give no origin I cannot see if you qualify for STPC or not.
I believe the OPs starting point may be EDI.
Old May 30, 2016, 2:57 am
Original Poster

Will check out the link on STPC...sorry I meant to include departure/return is to EDI. Glad to hear about the lounge...enjoyed the Lounge a couple of times last year.. a pleasant way to while away a few hours!
Old May 30, 2016, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
My connection's 15 minutes short of 8 hours...guess it's the J lounge for me!
Old May 30, 2016, 11:02 pm

Programs: OW Emerald (BA), UA*G, Marriott Plat, IC RA, Various others
Originally Posted by Shareholder
My connection's 15 minutes short of 8 hours...guess it's the J lounge for me!
You can always pay for a room in the airside transit hotel. Comfy, clean and quiet, and must be booked well in advance.
Old May 30, 2016, 11:14 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Gold | South African Airways Voyager Gold
I booked R class DUR-BHX.

I got STPC both ways (19 hours there and 13 hours on the return). Very pleased!

I do regret booking the fare though as I may need to change the flight very close to the date - and I realise it's non refundable! Quite stressful.
Old May 31, 2016, 1:22 am

Ahmed777 Cancellation may not be permitted but changes are!

On my booking in R I downloaded the change conditions and this is what they said-:
"
Change conditions Adult

Copenhagen - Hong Kong

No-show for subsequent flight(s)
Changes*: Not applicable (See reissue conditions)
Reissue: Not allowed
After departure of first flight
Reissue: Allowed with restrictions
New travel dates must be prior to: Tuesday, August 29, 2017
Maximum Reissue penalty fee for entire ticket: 1990 DKK
Prior to Departure of first flight
Penalty fee for ticket reissue between: 0 DKK / 1990 DKK (at today exchange rates 0 DKK / 1990 DKK)
New travel dates must be prior to: Wednesday, May 24, 2017
No-show for first flight

Hong Kong - Copenhagen

New travel dates must be prior to: Tuesday, August 29, 2017
Penalty fee for ticket reissue between: 0 DKK / 1990 DKK (at today exchange rates 0 DKK / 1990 DKK)
New travel dates must be prior to: Wednesday, May 24, 2017
No-show for first flight
Refund: Not allowed
Refund: Not allowed
Refund: Allowed with restrictions
Penalty fee between: 3316 DKK / 3316 DKK (at today exchange rates 3316 DKK / 3316 DKK)
Maximum Refund penalty fee for entire ticket: 3316 DKK
No-show for first flight
Refund: Not allowed "
Edited for clarity.

According to this refunds are permitted in certain circumstances as are changes (Reissue) in spite of the summary statements whilst booking saying that it was not possible.
But they may differ from destination to destination. Exactly what they are from your destination you need to check.
Note that the rules for changes/cancellation change from screen to screen in the booking process.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:00 am

Looking for answers to the whether or not we could use the STPC on a 14 hr layover BRU to HND yes saki fare, the phone agent took passport details and submitted request.

2 days later they phoned back and said because of the discount fare "R" we were not eligible and if we wanted they could organize it for us for USD $300

Bugger, was really looking forward to a comfortable layover.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by Croupier
Looking for answers to the whether or not we could use the STPC on a 14 hr layover BRU to HND yes saki fare, the phone agent took passport details and submitted request.

2 days later they phoned back and said because of the discount fare "R" we were not eligible and if we wanted they could organize it for us for USD $300

Bugger, was really looking forward to a comfortable layover.
There is a minimum fare required for stpc, it should be listed in wiki guide. Being R class in itself shouldn't affect this.

But you could book the hotel yourself that you would likely get for stpc, probably the Oryx Rotana, for much less than $300 - assuming you only need one room. There is a free transfer bus from arrivals, and depending on your nationality you may get free visas too.

Last edited by Johnnieboy; Aug 28, 2017 at 5:52 am
Old Aug 28, 2017, 6:22 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy

But you could book the hotel yourself that you would likely get for stpc, probably the Oryx Rotana, for much less than $300 - assuming you only need one room. There is a free transfer bus from arrivals, and depending on your nationality you may get free visas too.
Mrs PtF and I, travelling either together or separately, often book a room at the DoubleTree by Hilton Doha. A non-cancellable room can be booked for less than USD100 per night, it's only a 15 minute taxi ride from the airport, and now visit visas are free it makes for a compelling case cost-wise when compared to the airside Airport Hotel at approximately three times the room cost. In fact we've got a two night stay at the DoubleTree later this week (on the return journey we're in the Westin Doha, at USD50 for two nights ).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.