Community
Wiki Posts
Search

QR Al Mourjan Business Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2019, 5:18 pm

Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist AA EXP
Originally Posted by mikewhyatt
Can you access Al Mourjan on an AA award ticket?
Absolutely
mikewhyatt likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by lifeonthego_k
You can. Access on award tickets to Al Safwa is allowed upon paying 600 QAR/person. I did so myself in April (back then it was QAR 250). Avoid going up by the escalators, instead take the elevators and approach the desk staff directly.
Ah. Good to know for the future. I ended up going to the Oryx Rotana hotel. When I got to AM at about 5am there were spaces available in the quiet rooms and in the rest area by the business centre.
Old Sep 9, 2019, 5:54 pm

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
It has been asked and answered before, but since things change I want to re-check:

I'll be in QR J and my friend is traveling in QR Y (same inbound flight). Can I guest him into Al Mourjan or still not allowed? I'm OWE if it helps..
Old Sep 9, 2019, 8:00 pm

Programs: QR Gold, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, GHA Titanium, Taj Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Gold Elite
Originally Posted by quinzinho
It has been asked and answered before, but since things change I want to re-check:

I'll be in QR J and my friend is traveling in QR Y (same inbound flight). Can I guest him into Al Mourjan or still not allowed? I'm OWE if it helps..
Not allowed.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 9:30 pm

Champagne

Just curious if anyone knows what champagne is being served in the Al Mourjan Business Lounge these days? Thank you.
Old Oct 11, 2019, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA PRO, BA S
Originally Posted by Leopardz
Just curious if anyone knows what champagne is being served in the Al Mourjan Business Lounge these days? Thank you.
Transited Doha yesterday, they were serving pommery in the sandwich bar. Didn’t go upstairs to see if they had anything else (when I was there a week ago I could have sworn I saw other champagnes).
Old Oct 16, 2019, 10:49 pm

Will be transiting Doha in January on a layover from 4 pm till 2 am. How busy is Al Mourjan lounge during that time of day/night?
Old Oct 17, 2019, 2:09 am

Most likely empty till about 10-11pm, then a madhouse until your departure.
purple1addict and Dnk95 like this.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 8:06 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by stargold
Most likely empty till about 10-11pm, then a madhouse until your departure.
agreed, it can be earily quiet until about 10pm then is busy until 6 am
Dnk95 likes this.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 8:08 am

Thank you guys! That really helps. Any advice on how to best use the lounge for a first time visitor?
Old Oct 22, 2019, 7:10 am

Programs: Some
Bad news for those who find Al Mourjan too cavernous and somewhat soulless, QR intends to open an even larger Al Mourjan lounge! - https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...s-class-lounge

At least it suggests it will have a gym which is great, that is assuming they can actually get the temperature correct!
Old Oct 22, 2019, 8:35 am

Programs: QR Gold, BAEC, Marriott Rewards Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
Bad news for those who find Al Mourjan too cavernous and somewhat soulless, QR intends to open an even larger Al Mourjan lounge! - https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...s-class-lounge

At least it suggests it will have a gym which is great, that is assuming they can actually get the temperature correct!
Is all this before or after they open the long anticipated North node lounges...
NoY and Traveller999 like this.
Old Oct 22, 2019, 9:25 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
Originally Posted by Dnk95
Thank you guys! That really helps. Any advice on how to best use the lounge for a first time visitor?
If you want a shower, head to the showers which are adjacent to the deli( you walk through the deli and pass the toilets). This area also houses a quiet area for sleeping . If there are no sleeping pods here , I find the ones next to the luggage storage as you enter the lounge fine.

Food and drink wise , I usually prefer to eat up stairs as thee is a nice bar but the buffet food isnt amazing. The deli sandwiches are nice but I find them too heavy after a good meal on board.
Old Oct 23, 2019, 12:32 pm

Programs: A3,AA,AF,B6,DL,UA
If I fly inbound on QR J connecting to QR Y outbound (connecting award ticket issued on AA miles), would I have access to the lounge?
Old Oct 23, 2019, 1:14 pm

Programs: FB PFL, TK Gold, PC Platinum
@ crtravels : unfortunately no.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.