Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DOH layover on a Friday evening

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2016, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Fabulous! This is all sounding like a plan. Thanks all.

Just one minor thing on the feedback I had up-thread about online checkin: it's not true to say it's available at 48 hours prior for the connecting leg too; the connecting flight only opens at 60 hours prior, so in the case of my own flight, I needed to wait a further three hours, to hit that T-60h point and check in for both legs. No issue but I thought I'd correct this.

Interestingly the main website just wouldn't let me check-in, with an error box saying I couldn't. It was only when I then tried on my iPhone app that it told me about the T-60 rule.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 10:54 am

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
I have an 8.5 hour layover coming up but I arrive around 11PM and depart at 7:30AM. Is it pointless to ask if it's worth leaving the airport at those hours? Are my only choices the transit hotel or Al Mourjan?
Old Mar 23, 2016, 3:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold/OWE
Refreshing sea air is available at the Corniche 24/7
Old Mar 23, 2016, 11:08 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Etihad Silver
Originally Posted by wripro
I have an 8.5 hour layover coming up but I arrive around 11PM and depart at 7:30AM. Is it pointless to ask if it's worth leaving the airport at those hours? Are my only choices the transit hotel or Al Mourjan?
Doha is quite a nocturnal city - because of the heat it's embedded in the culture. Souq Waqif is buzzing all night and some of the cafes there are 24 hours.
Old Mar 24, 2016, 11:14 am

Thanks for the replies. So it's best to just buy a Visa and take a taxi to the Souq Waqif? Will I need another taxi to get to the Corniche and, if so, are they easy to find?
Old Mar 24, 2016, 12:21 pm

wripro the Corniche is 2-300m north of Souk Waqif. Take a look at a map and it will be easy to see.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 10:57 am

Thanks, remdk.
Old Mar 26, 2016, 8:33 am

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Etihad Silver
Originally Posted by wripro
Thanks for the replies. So it's best to just buy a Visa and take a taxi to the Souq Waqif? Will I need another taxi to get to the Corniche and, if so, are they easy to find?
No, the Corniche runs alongside the Souq

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.