SKP - Skopje
WDH -Windhoek
Print Wikipost

New Destinations 2016

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2016, 5:19 am

Programs: QR Privilege Club Platinum, EK Skywards Gold, IHG Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
arabiamark, msm2000uk - here's another vote for QR to return to CEB with DOH-CEB flights (but preferably not with an A330/340).

Our family flies there quite a lot. Mrs PtF is originally from Cebu; in fact she's there right now, with Miss and Master PtF.

Given the horrors of changing terminals in MNL the current alternatives, based on what QR's website offers, are (in order of preference) either DOH-HKG-CEB (QR/CX), DOH-ICN-CEB (QR/KE) or, usually in the opposite direction, CEB-NRT-DOH (PR/QR). Three BAEC Golds in the family is handy when it comes to HKG first class lounge access.
Emirates starts flying to Cebu at the end of March.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 11:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed

Emirates starts flying to Cebu at the end of March.
Really?! I wasn't aware of that - thank you for the information (hurries off to check-out EK's timetable).
Old Feb 2, 2016, 4:29 am

Programs: QR Gold
Really?! I wasn't aware of that - thank you for the information (hurries off to check-out EK's timetable).
The CEB flight is not nonstop (its via CLK) (hurries back in to check the QR forums hehe)
Old Feb 2, 2016, 5:36 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by QatarA340
The CEB flight is not nonstop (its via CLK) (hurries back in to check the QR forums hehe)
Apparently DXB-CEB outbound, CEB-CLK-DXB inbound; operated by an EK 773 with 2-3-2 60 inch pitch (QR's 773 is 2-2-2 78 inch pitch) business class seating.

Throw in Avios and Tier Points, cheaper fares, a more relaxed transit (DOH v DXB), outstanding in-flight service, and the winner is - QR!
Old Feb 2, 2016, 8:48 am

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
I think the discontinued CEB flight used to have a stop in SIN, didn't it?

Another old route I'd like to see resurrected is Seychelles. But that one probably has too much competition already.
Old Feb 2, 2016, 9:11 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by arabiamark
I think the discontinued CEB flight used to have a stop in SIN, didn't it?

Another old route I'd like to see resurrected is Seychelles. But that one probably has too much competition already.
SEZ is surprisingly difficult to reach, so QR would do well to add a flight.
Old Feb 25, 2016, 9:44 am

Programs: Star Alliance
Cebu is indeed returning, unfortunately on a Dreamliner until they get more A350's.

This is great news, now hopefully it avoids a stop anywhere and it will be the perfect route for me.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by chris19992
Cebu is indeed returning, unfortunately on a Dreamliner until they get more A350's.

This is great news, now hopefully it avoids a stop anywhere and it will be the perfect route for me.
Thanks for the link - wonderful news!
Old Feb 26, 2016, 7:11 am

Programs: QR Plat, Accor Plat
In addition to Cebu, Qatar is planning to add at least one more undisclosed destination to its Southeast Asian network in 2016. It has been seeking approval to serve Surabaya, which would be Qatar’s third Indonesian destination, and has also been evaluating Chiang Mai, which would be its third destination in Thailand.

UTP would probably be more profitable...
Old Feb 26, 2016, 11:27 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Thanks for the link - wonderful news!
Wonderful news for both passengers, and indeed QR crew (a lot of whom are from Cebu and usually have to fly convoluted routes to get home once or twice a year).
Old Mar 2, 2016, 12:22 am

Just looked up from my beer and happened to spot the inaugural QR flight coming in to land at Sydney right over the harbour bridge and opera house. Looks like they were given a special approach! Not sure how many other people noticed mind... ;-)

Last edited by Johnnieboy; Mar 2, 2016 at 1:37 am
Old Mar 2, 2016, 7:23 am

Programs: QR Platinum
Originally Posted by Johnnieboy
Just looked up from my beer and happened to spot the inaugural QR flight coming in to land at Sydney right over the harbour bridge and opera house. Looks like they were given a special approach! Not sure how many other people noticed mind... ;-)
Pretty spectacular images on social media, lucky you to be there

Facebook

Twitter
Old Mar 2, 2016, 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by David_DLI

Facebook

Twitter
Wow, those do look spectacular. Thanks for posting those. And to the person on facebook saying they are photoshopped, no, it definitely happened!
Old Mar 2, 2016, 3:41 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by David_DLI

Facebook

Twitter
We'll be on that in less than 3 weeks. Less spectacular unfortunately.
Old Mar 2, 2016, 11:09 pm

Exciting news as everyone had hoped! QR will fly the A380 to SYD starting in June.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/qatar-airway...n=home-flipper

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.