SKP - Skopje
WDH -Windhoek
Print Wikipost

New Destinations 2016

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2016, 11:00 am
Original Poster

New Destinations 2016

Yerevan from May - announced - http://www.armradio.am/en/2016/01/25...ly-to-armenia/

Auckland - NZ Herald has pre-announced it, citing the Bloomberg report and a recent bilateral Qatar-NZ aviation deal: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11579335

I read in the same report Lisbon, Santiago (SCL) and Marrakech are also being added.

A lot happening indeed....there is talk (Bloomberg) that the 777LR would fly Doha-Auckland direct, which put it at the upper limits of the range. 3-3-3 seating and direct would give QR an advantage over EK and EY who market heavily.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 1:29 pm

Programs: BA Silver, MUCCI des Soins Medicaux, Le médecin personnel ŕ PUCCI GALORE
Originally Posted by delfindo
Yerevan from May - announced - http://www.armradio.am/en/2016/01/25...ly-to-armenia/

Auckland - NZ Herald has pre-announced it, citing the Bloomberg report and a recent bilateral Qatar-NZ aviation deal: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11579335

I read in the same report Lisbon, Santiago (SCL) and Marrakech are also being added.

A lot happening indeed....there is talk (Bloomberg) that the 777LR would fly Doha-Auckland direct, which put it at the upper limits of the range. 3-3-3 seating and direct would give QR an advantage over EK and EY who market heavily.
Depending on timings of course, that could be an attractive proposition from London.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by badoc
Depending on timings of course, that could be an attractive proposition from London.
Yes, an 18hr flight will require decent timing ... preferably overnight towards the end of the flight.

So if the flight leaves Doha at 10am then you have up to 12 hour of awake time, 6 hours of sleep and a couple hours for waking up/meal.Then you would arrive in Auckland at 2pm.
But it's not handy for London as you would have another overnight flight to arrive before the 10am departure.

I would think the flight would have to leave before 3pm to make it less stressful (3pm departure ... sleep from 11pm to 6am ... wake up/meal for 3 hours. NZ 7pm arrival).
But they also need to consider return flight time, so they may want to arrive very late so they can fly back to Doha early in the morning.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 7:23 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by delfindo
Looks like QR pulled the plug on CMN. I don't see any QR metal flight between CMN and DOH at all in the GDS.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 10:24 pm

Programs: The Embassy
Mmm, with the LAN AKL-SCL flight to join the dots... http://www.gcmap.com/mapui?P=AKL-DOH-SCL-AKL
Old Jan 27, 2016, 2:08 am

Programs: Mileage Plus (PLATINUM); Qatar Privilege Club (PLATINUM)
Caribbean

Aruba; Saint Maarten; Antigua ... a.s.o.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 12:37 pm
H99

Programs: centurion
Originally Posted by pseudo
Yes, an 18hr flight will require decent timing ... preferably overnight towards the end of the flight.

So if the flight leaves Doha at 10am then you have up to 12 hour of awake time, 6 hours of sleep and a couple hours for waking up/meal.Then you would arrive in Auckland at 2pm.
But it's not handy for London as you would have another overnight flight to arrive before the 10am departure.

I would think the flight would have to leave before 3pm to make it less stressful (3pm departure ... sleep from 11pm to 6am ... wake up/meal for 3 hours. NZ 7pm arrival).
But they also need to consider return flight time, so they may want to arrive very late so they can fly back to Doha early in the morning.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 12:41 pm
H99

Programs: centurion
It's a long old flight. Would certainly prefer turning left on entry. I agree very much that timing of when it leaves and arrives will be critical - I like arriving into Auckland during the day rather than evening or night time. I do think with tailwinds that DOH to AKL will be only 16 and a bit hours given DOH to SYD is 14 or so
Old Jan 27, 2016, 4:28 pm

Programs: QR Platinum; A3 Gold
New destinations:

Hopefully one day TPE (2017?)
Old Jan 27, 2016, 10:33 pm

Not a new destination, but I hope QR sends an A350 to IAD to replace the 777 there. With the A380 competition from EK ex-IAD, hoping QR follows suit with their newer planes.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 2:51 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
Originally Posted by Dieuwer
Looks like QR pulled the plug on CMN. I don't see any QR metal flight between CMN and DOH at all in the GDS.
I can see QR 1395 DOH CMN, operating daily.

Which GDS are you using? Might be that QR restricts sales per market on specific GDS.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 5:30 am
RMO

When will they start flying to Lisbon, any preview of the date or is it just a rumour?
Old Jan 29, 2016, 8:28 am

Programs: AA Exp, Radisson VIP, Expedia OneKey Platinum, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amex Plati
Wish they would bring back the Cebu flight
Old Jan 31, 2016, 2:46 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by arabiamark
Wish they would bring back the Cebu flight
With the Philippines becoming more and more popular with tourists, and indeed Premium Class tourists, I would invisage QR returning to CEB within the next 12 months.
Old Feb 1, 2016, 4:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by msm2000uk

With the Philippines becoming more and more popular with tourists, and indeed Premium Class tourists, I would invisage QR returning to CEB within the next 12 months.
arabiamark, msm2000uk - here's another vote for QR to return to CEB with DOH-CEB flights (but preferably not with an A330/340).

Our family flies there quite a lot. Mrs PtF is originally from Cebu; in fact she's there right now, with Miss and Master PtF.

Given the horrors of changing terminals in MNL the current alternatives, based on what QR's website offers, are (in order of preference) either DOH-HKG-CEB (QR/CX), DOH-ICN-CEB (QR/KE) or, usually in the opposite direction, CEB-NRT-DOH (PR/QR). Three BAEC Golds in the family is handy when it comes to HKG first class lounge access.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.