Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 5, 2015, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: CPH-Flyer
READ BEFORE COMMENTING IF YOU ARE NEW,

Hamad International Airport (HIA) offers passengers a number of different lounges.

This thread, is specifically for the Al Safwa First Class Lounge. Information on the other Lounge options at HIA, can be found here.

Does Al Safwa have a web page?
Yes: http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...-al-safwa.page

Dining Menu
https://www.qatarairways.com/content...-dining-en.pdf

Where can I find Al Safwa Lounge?
The Lounge is located on Level 3 of the airport.

Can I use the Qatar Airways Al Safwa Lounge?

Access is based on your underlying fare bucket. This means that upgraded tickets, maybe except upgrades with QPoints (see post 2735), are not granted access.

Access is thus restricted to Qatar Airways First Class, and OneWorld First Class passengers :
- either holding a First Class boarding pass* for their next flight
- or holding a First Class boarding pass from their previous flight.

Additionally, Privilege Club platinum club travelling on any business-class fare are welcomed into the lounge. This is a facility introduced recently and one that could just as easily disappear.

- Guests are not permitted.
* Operational Upgrades to First do not give access. Upgrades with Qpoints may do give acces (see post 2735 - Sept 2022)

Arrival access on mid and long haul? (eg. coming from LHR in F)

YES

​​​​​
Ex. CAI-DOH-HEL
Arrival access regional F? (eg. coming from CAI in F)

Yes.
Caveat, if your underlying J fare is P, then the no lounge access for business light kicks in. And there is no access.

Privilege Club Platinum members are currently allowed in the lounge when travelling on any QR business-class fare: that could change. Other Oneworld Emerald members are directed to the Platinum lounge(s) when travelling in any class, and the Al Mourjan lounge when travelling on relevant business-class fares. Yup, it gets complicated.

What does the lounge look like?
Reports on the Lounge, can be found here and here. Photographs of the lounge, can be found here.

Is there a Spa?
Yes, there is a full Spa, but you will have to pay for treatments. A full list of treatments available can be found here

What about the sleeping rooms?
Stargold in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28199729-post1177.html suggests that access to sleeping rooms is as follows:
'* No reservations allowed - always first-come first-served
* Only available if the remaining time until the flight departure is more than 4 hours
* Passengers are allowed maximum six hours' usage - for any further usage, a fee of QAR 450 is payable for a second block of six hours.
* No F&B of any kind except bottled water in the sleeping rooms.'

What changes can I expect during Ramadan?
Ramadan affects QR and you in many ways so please look at ramadan to see how you are affected.

Updated: 19/11/2023

Print Wikipost

QR Al Safwa First Class Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2024, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by celtic_warrior
All are worth a visit. The water features are impressive in all 3. From a relaxation perspective id say the garden lounge
My beer would have more water in it compared to what I would see in AS while dining... While enjoying a glass of champagne at Garden lounge I can see some really impressive water...
Spent some time last year when it was pouring rain in doha and the glass complex at Garden really gave me some show, extremely impressive.
Old Feb 19, 2024, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by DirektornSE
Thats only for gulf specific flights, no other international flights gate(s) are close to the AS lounge.
Do you have to specifically request for the direct AS transfer to gate? I assume is for bus gates only.

In 2022 I have had a DOH-AUH midnight flight on F, showed the boarding pass to the staff in AS and ask them where the gate is, they just told me is a bus gate and guided me how to walk there.
Old Feb 20, 2024, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by Chan Long Tin
Do you have to specifically request for the direct AS transfer to gate? I assume is for bus gates only.

In 2022 I have had a DOH-AUH midnight flight on F, showed the boarding pass to the staff in AS and ask them where the gate is, they just told me is a bus gate and guided me how to walk there.
correct, its for bus gates only (and most of them - not all), all other contact gates you have to shlup over to the gate in question.. the first class bus shows up below AS for the bus gates, you dont have to request it.. the option you do have is to still go to the actual gate but you will not get the premium bus and will have to share with the economy passengers...

my last DOH-AUH flight was a contact gate, only flight I have had consistently as a bus gate in 2+ years has been DOH-SHJ
longtin23 likes this.
Old Feb 21, 2024, 11:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I'm sure this has been answered but a few searches and I can't find it, sorry!

I'm travelling QR BAH to DOH in First then BA DOH to LHR Business on seperate PRNs, both Avios booked via BA. I have a 12hr connection, will I have access to the Al Safwa Lounge while in Doha?

Thanks
Old Feb 22, 2024, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Chan Long Tin

we had a flight with an F cabin (DOH-MLE) and they drove us to the plane from the lounge. They asked specifically if we were 'in F'. So possibly only for flight with a real F cabin?
Old Feb 22, 2024, 4:26 pm

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by cfischer
we had a flight with an F cabin (DOH-MLE) and they drove us to the plane from the lounge. They asked specifically if we were 'in F'. So possibly only for flight with a real F cabin?
No, not that structured - I had the bus from the lounge for DOH-AUH a couple of weeks ago and have had 4 bus gate DOH-MLE flights in the last 18 months where I had to walk to the gate each time. Boarding from the lounge seems to be more frequent on intra-Gulf flights from what I understand.
Old Feb 22, 2024, 7:09 pm
ms1

Where do I enquire about the availability of the sleeping rooms? At the spa or at the main reception desk at entry?
Old Feb 23, 2024, 3:01 am

Programs: qatar airways platinum
At the spa
Old Feb 23, 2024, 6:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by milkyway88
I'm sure this has been answered but a few searches and I can't find it, sorry!

I'm travelling QR BAH to DOH in First then BA DOH to LHR Business on seperate PRNs, both Avios booked via BA. I have a 12hr connection, will I have access to the Al Safwa Lounge while in Doha?
No, because you need to be flying QR on your DOH-LHR flight to access Al Safwa. The fact you're flying BA means the access that would have been granted by your BAH-DOH being in First Class is no longer valid due to you flying BA.

In future, you will need to remember to be flying QR out of DOH as well.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 8:04 am

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Visited 23 Feb 4-5:30pm. Sooo underwhelming. I had the sandwiches (only) from the afternoon tea and the Australian Wagyu Beef. The steak was excellent and the sole highlight of the visit.
Service was slow / poor; had to pour my own water and they werent busy.

Honestly, this is a good place to start, eat and then head to AM Garden. Service was far more polished there and the atmosphere, views are better. I like that you can poke around the buffet and have small plates / multiple options too.

Im repeating others, but the AS Wine list is currently a joke. Same champagnes as AM, and their elevated reds were a $30-32 Bordeaux and Aussie Shiraz, served at (a warm) room temp. They were out of the Spanish red that is on the menu. QR serves better reds onboard in J than anything at AS right now, which is just bonkers.

Finger sandwiches

Great steak

prepared medium. 👍
Old Feb 23, 2024, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by FlightDetective
No, because you need to be flying QR on your DOH-LHR flight to access Al Safwa. The fact you're flying BA means the access that would have been granted by your BAH-DOH being in First Class is no longer valid due to you flying BA.

In future, you will need to remember to be flying QR out of DOH as well.
Unless you have the QR code on the BA metal. Also not too bad to enjoy a somewhat underwhelming jacuzzi at the LHR arrival lounge tho.
Old Feb 23, 2024, 9:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by iamikk
Unless you have the QR code on the BA metal. Also not too bad to enjoy a somewhat underwhelming jacuzzi at the LHR arrival lounge tho.
Not really relevant to the poster I replied to though, who specified that he booked via BA Avios. As I know BA Avios well, it only sells BA flights there with BA flight numbers.

The Arrivals lounge at London Heathrow T5 does not have a jacuzzi. There are several baths that can be used by certain passengers if you ask the attendants though. I've used it myself, lovely for a post-flight relax and wash, if you have the time for it to fill
Old Feb 24, 2024, 4:28 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, KLM Gold, AB Gold, Accor Plat, BW Diamond, Qantas Svr, Etihad Svr
Jacuzzi Rooms and Champagne

Is it really the case that the only champagne in the AS Lounge is now bog standard supermarket grade brands?

Also, do I need to book a jacuzzi room in advance, what is the process please? Im due to be there next Saturday night and having read the last 4 pages and the wiki, Im expecting to be somewhat underwhelmed!
Old Feb 24, 2024, 5:38 pm

Programs: UA PP 1MM, Marriott Bonvoy LTTE, BA Gold
Originally Posted by mrtibbs1999
Is it really the case that the only champagne in the AS Lounge is now bog standard supermarket grade brands?
Yes, same in AS & AM at the moment.

mrtibbs1999 likes this.
Old Feb 26, 2024, 1:41 pm

Programs: AS 100K
question regarding access...

I have an award...SYD-DOH-LAX in F to DOH and J to LAX. When we booked, we had a 5am arrival into DOH and then 1am departure to LAX (next day, 20hr layover). QR just pushed a sched change and dropped the 1am departure to LAX and placed us on the 8am flight, 7hrs later. resulting in a 28hr layover in DOH. My question is, would my friend and I be declined access to the AS before the DOH-LAX flight since it's on a different day but still the same ticket?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.