Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transit accommodation at Doha

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2022, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by realgaga
STPC is still suspended UFN.
https://www.discoverqatar.qa/ do some packages - you can check it out.
Thanks for the Answer.If you want to book a stopover hotel they say:"If you have already booked your Stopover flight with Qatar Airways, you will find the link to book your Stopover Hotel on your flight confirmation e-mail."
I can not find the link in my mail, is there any other way to book it or where can I find it exactly?
Thanks a lot for you time
Old Mar 3, 2022, 5:52 pm

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
My husband's father passed away today and the only available flight within next 4 hours were QR via DOH. Connection is ungodly 14 hours (overnight), and I am trying to arrange a night at the airport hotel. Unfortunately Oryx is fully booked and being not very familiar with DOH, current travel restrictions and such would really appreciate an advice on where I can book a room for a night on such a short notice? Travelling Y on first leg, C on the second; *O Sapphire.
Old Mar 3, 2022, 10:04 pm

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by luitje
My husband's father passed away today and the only available flight within next 4 hours were QR via DOH. Connection is ungodly 14 hours (overnight), and I am trying to arrange a night at the airport hotel. Unfortunately Oryx is fully booked and being not very familiar with DOH, current travel restrictions and such would really appreciate an advice on where I can book a room for a night on such a short notice? Travelling Y on first leg, C on the second; *O Sapphire.
Sorry for you loss. Where are you flying from and with which passport? Qatar recently relaxed the entry requirements for most vaccinated travelers so if possible (PCR test needed and registration with an app etc), leave the airport and go to a hotel. The city is only 15min drive without traffic and many reasonably priced hotels are available. Other options in the airport are sleep n fly pods, Al Mourjan Lounge sleeping areas (I'm assuming that you have access having bought a last minute fare?), upgrading from Al Mourjan to Al Safwa lounge which can be steep $165USD for 6 hours (but a much better sleeping experience)
Old Mar 3, 2022, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by luitje
Hi, you are probably not on the red list, because only 9 mostly not so developed countries are on it. It is very important to fill out that form: https://www.ehteraz.gov.qa/PER/loginPage?language=en
However you will mostly read, that you should fill it out 72h before your flight. That is after my experience wrong, because they approved me in 1,5 hours. As a Hotel I would recommend to you the Hyatt Regency Oryx Doha.
It is two metro stations away from the hamad international airport and you can use the Best Rate Guarantee so you get an additional 20 percent discount on top to the pricematch.
With the price match, I paid about 66 Euros (286QAR)
Wish you and your husband, all the best
Old Mar 4, 2022, 4:37 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
Originally Posted by g2a6553
Thanks for the Answer.If you want to book a stopover hotel they say:"If you have already booked your Stopover flight with Qatar Airways, you will find the link to book your Stopover Hotel on your flight confirmation e-mail."
I can not find the link in my mail, is there any other way to book it or where can I find it exactly?
Thanks a lot for you time
I have the same question. Tried calling QR Doha and also went to the NBO office and nobody can help
Old Mar 4, 2022, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by roadwarriorafrica
I have the same question. Tried calling QR Doha and also went to the NBO office and nobody can help
Hey, I got a answer from QA:
Greetings from Discover Qatar.

Kindly note the Stopover package cannot be added to an already existing PNR and cannot be booked separately, as it is a package, same should be booked while booking your flight tickets.

As you already booked your flights you will not be able to avail the stopover package.Regards

I would be disappointed as a regulary customer
Old Mar 4, 2022, 7:18 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic

Kindly note the Stopover package cannot be added to an already existing PNR and cannot be booked separately, as it is a package, same should be booked while booking your flight tickets.

As you already booked your flights you will not be able to avail the stopover package.Regards

Yup got the same response after emailing
Old Mar 4, 2022, 10:09 pm

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
Angry

I got the same message as well.
Old Mar 4, 2022, 11:44 pm

Perhaps you can cancel & rebook if the price of the ticket would be the same, using the COVID cancellation policy? (Once they open up the program again), that is.)

Last edited by crackjack; Mar 4, 2022 at 11:50 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.