Transit accommodation at Doha

Old Oct 31, 2014, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond
Transit accommodation at Doha

I have a couple of business trips from London to Dhaka early next year (I will be able to fly business class). My preference is to fly with a One World Carrier and Qatar serves this route via Doha. There are some flights with a reasonable connection time of 1-3 hours. However to save a bit of money I could go for a flight with a 8-10 hour connection time. I have read the Qatarairways website and it mentions transit accommodation maybe provided. However given there are flight itineraries with a shorter connection time, is it likely they will refuse the accommodation?

Assuming I wont get transit accommodation, any opinions on how it will feel to stay in the lounge for 8 hours?
Old Oct 31, 2014, 9:06 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
if there is a shorter connection time, they will not provide hotel accommodation.

The Al Mourjan lounge is very nice, 8 hours nice? Only you can answer that.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 7:43 am

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Kimpton Inner Circle Diamond
Has this been suspended due to Covid? I have 8+ hour connection times both ways going and returning SEA-PNH in R fare going, and D fare returning.

As a OW emerald if would be nice to get a room reserved in advance.
Old Aug 6, 2021, 8:18 am

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by NWplatinum
Has this been suspended due to Covid? I have 8+ hour connection times both ways going and returning SEA-PNH in R fare going, and D fare returning.

As a OW emerald if would be nice to get a room reserved in advance.
This was suspended with the pandemic. Qatar is/was closed to all visitors and there has been a lot of discussion on the reopening on the following thread. My guess is the hotel stay program will restart once the country is fully open again.

Qatar Issuing Tourist Visas from July 12
Old Aug 8, 2021, 2:49 am

Originally Posted by cheltzel
This was suspended with the pandemic. Qatar is/was closed to all visitors and there has been a lot of discussion on the reopening on the following thread. My guess is the hotel stay program will restart once the country is fully open again.

Qatar Issuing Tourist Visas from July 12
Even though its extremely expensive, Ill just book the airside hotel. Are they still letting people pay for Al-Safwa access since its opened?
Old Aug 8, 2021, 3:41 am

Even though it’s extremely expensive, I’ll just book the airside hotel. Are they still letting people pay for Al-Safwa access since it’s opened?
Someone else needs to answer that. But I think the Al Safwa lounge is still closed.

You can book the airside hotel for a shorter basis than an entire night. The details are in the airside hotel thread. It might work out the same as a pay pass for the now closed First lounge.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 4:44 am

Someone else needs to answer that. But I think the Al Safwa lounge is still closed.

You can book the airside hotel for a shorter basis than an entire night. The details are in the airside hotel thread. It might work out the same as a pay pass for the now closed First lounge.
That would help. I tried to look to book it for 8 hours but it looked like they were only selling for overnights which are $300.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 9:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Are they still letting people pay for Al-Safwa access since its opened?
It hasn't reopened.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 10:02 am

That would help. I tried to look to book it for 8 hours but it looked like they were only selling for overnights which are $300.
After a schedule change, my son had a 10+ hour layover on an AA J award ticket. He contacted the hotel immediately after the change (3 or 4 months before travel dates) and was able to book something like a 6 or 8 hour stay at the airside hotel. He thought it was a very nice room, given it was an airside hotel.
Old Aug 8, 2021, 12:20 pm

After a schedule change, my son had a 10+ hour layover on an AA J award ticket. He contacted the hotel immediately after the change (3 or 4 months before travel dates) and was able to book something like a 6 or 8 hour stay at the airside hotel. He thought it was a very nice room, given it was an airside hotel.
Thats terrific. What did he say to whom, and how did he book it? Through QR or ? Onyxs website doesnt have the option for 6-8 hour intervals that I saw.

Last edited by NWplatinum; Aug 8, 2021 at 12:39 pm
Old Aug 8, 2021, 1:34 pm

That’s terrific. What did he say to whom, and how did he book it? Through QR or… ? Onyx’s website doesn’t have the option for 6-8 hour intervals that I saw.
I believe it was directly with the hotel.

A simple internet search ("oryx hotel doha airport hourly") revealed a site that had a page "Book Hourly Package" with a "Book Now" button. It is the Oryx Hotel's website.

https://oryxairporthotel.com/en/OryxAirportHotel/FAQs
Old Aug 12, 2021, 3:59 am

Programs: Nectar Card
One of QR's webpages on transit accommodation suggests that they won't offer free accom if a sub-eight-hour connection is possible on your routing.

Was this actually true (before the pandemic)? Looks like it may have been true in 2014 (Post #2).
Old Aug 12, 2021, 5:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,QR Platinum,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold, HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by futuramadramallama
One of QR's webpages on transit accommodation suggests that they won't offer free accom if a sub-eight-hour connection is possible on your routing.

Was this actually true (before the pandemic)? Looks like it may have been true in 2014 (Post #2).
That's was true for the STPC program ( even in 1Q 2020 ), not for the Discover Qatar program.
Both of the programs are currently suspended.
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2021, 6:32 am

I believe it was directly with the hotel.

A simple internet search ("oryx hotel doha airport hourly") revealed a site that had a page "Book Hourly Package" with a "Book Now" button. It is the Oryx Hotel's website.

https://oryxairporthotel.com/en/OryxAirportHotel/FAQs
I saw the rates for 6 and 8 hours and they arent much cheaper than a full 24 hours unless I am reading the currencies wrong?
Old Aug 14, 2021, 6:43 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by futuramadramallama

Yes, it was always this way.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.