Wiki Posts
Search

How many bags?

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2014, 1:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, *A Gold
How many bags?

Looking on the QR website, the baggage allowance in J for "all other destinations" is 40kg and a maximum dimension of 406 cms fair enough, but how many bags can we take? is it one bag up to 40kgs and 406 cms or 2/3 bags up to 40 kgs and totaling 406cms in total?

Thanks for any help
Old May 9, 2014, 1:49 am

Programs: QR PC Silver, FlySmiles, Skywards
It has to be minimum 2 as most airports don't allow bags weighing more than 32 kg.
Old May 9, 2014, 6:44 am

Programs: OWS, *A G
Originally Posted by ironmouse
Looking on the QR website, the baggage allowance in J for "all other destinations" is 40kg and a maximum dimension of 406 cms fair enough, but how many bags can we take? is it one bag up to 40kgs and 406 cms or 2/3 bags up to 40 kgs and totaling 406cms in total?

Thanks for any help
The number of hold bags is not limited.
Old May 9, 2014, 8:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, *A Gold
Thanks for the info.
Old May 9, 2014, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
As many as you like - you can check in 40x 1kg if you need to!

This is actually misguided by QR (in my view) - quite a high proportion of the costs of carriage is taken by the tagging and ground handling.

QR should move to a piece concept in my view. But then that would (it has been claimed, in fact if would not) kill the cargo business...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.