Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 28, 2014, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: BobbySteel
Wikipost instructions: signed in members can minimize or maximize Wikipost by clicking on [-] or [+] box upper right of post, and are encouraged to edit this Wikipost to update.
Print Wikipost

Start of QR A380 services

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2014, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by djsflynn
Embargo now lifted:

Qatar Airways’ first Airbus A380 will make its commercial debut on October 10 as the flagship flight QR001 to London, airline CEO Akbar Al Baker revealed at the delivery ceremony for its first Airbus A380 in Hamburg.
Paris will also see a superjumbo within three weeks of the London inaugural, Baker said, although he refused to confirm New York as the third city on the A380 route map.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/qatar-s-a380...-10-then-paris
At the moment QR 3 is the flligtnumber from DOH to LHR with the A380. CEO Akbar Al Baker told within the press article it will be QR 1.

What is right now?
Old Sep 16, 2014, 10:45 pm

Also, massive photo gallery up now. Tip: the classy-looking pics are from QR PR, the totally average-but-real-world pics are mine. Now you know why I'm a writer not a snapper! :P

http://www.ausbt.com.au/photos-qatar...business-class
Old Sep 16, 2014, 10:46 pm

Programs: QF
[QUOTE=djsflynn;23538231]Embargo now lifted:

Qatar Airways’ first Airbus A380 will make its commercial debut on October 10 as the flagship flight QR001 to London, airline CEO Akbar Al Baker revealed

... and my MMB still shows QR003 as the A380, a couple of days later??

Last edited by blutek; Sep 16, 2014 at 11:16 pm
Old Sep 16, 2014, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by bitnapper
At the moment QR 3 is the flligtnumber from DOH to LHR with the A380. CEO Akbar Al Baker told within the press article it will be QR 1.

What is right now?
I dunno, all I can say is that Al Baker clearly said "QR01" for the DOH-LHR inaugural.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 12:49 am

Also, massive photo gallery up now. Tip: the classy-looking pics are from QR PR, the totally average-but-real-world pics are mine. Now you know why I'm a writer not a snapper! :P

I presume you have been on the 787?

Are the A380 J seats any bigger? There is a fair bit extra cabin width even on the Upper Deck.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 1:41 am

Programs: QR Gold

Are you going to be in the opening? I would love to meet you in person if you are!
Old Sep 17, 2014, 1:53 am

Originally Posted by QatarA340
Are you going to be in the opening? I would love to meet you in person if you are!
What 'opening' is that? I'm not doing the delivery flight, btw - gotta head home tonight so I can turn around for another trip next week.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 2:59 am

Programs: QR Gold
What 'opening' is that? I'm not doing the delivery flight, btw - gotta head home tonight so I can turn around for another trip next week.
Sorry I meant unvieling in Hamad Airport! I heard there will quite a few surprises coming up tomorrow.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 6:22 am

Programs: QR Silver
Please move this post if it is not in the correct thread.

Does anyone else struggle finding award seats at the normal rate on the A380 service DOH-LHR? I am looking to burn some miles and do a OSL-DOH, DOH-LHR trip to experience the new F, but cannot find any seats in the foreseeable future at the normal price in F on the A380. The only seats I find are Flexi Awards.

Edit: I also checked to CDG now, and no luck there either..

Last edited by SAA340; Sep 17, 2014 at 6:29 am
Old Sep 17, 2014, 6:27 am

I´m flying DOH - DXB - DOH a couple of time end of oktober. Maybe i get the chance to try the A380 ?? Or this time they will not train the crew on short haul? I´m flying first so it would be great if i could try it out.
Old Sep 17, 2014, 7:34 am

[QUOTE=blutek;23538347]
Embargo now lifted:

Qatar Airways’ first Airbus A380 will make its commercial debut on October 10 as the flagship flight QR001 to London, airline CEO Akbar Al Baker revealed

... and my MMB still shows QR003 as the A380, a couple of days later??
I'm going to be so annoyed if my QR3 booking on an A388 will not be on an A388...

The First Class pictures look the same as previously. I thought there were supposed to be significant changes?
Old Sep 17, 2014, 7:57 am

Thanks djsflynn. Love your "average" looking pix and reading ausbt!
Old Sep 17, 2014, 9:30 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
Not impressed at all. EK clearly set the bar for the 380 with the private suites, lounge, showers, etc. Etihad looks like they have done a good job keeping up ith EK. In fact the suites look nicer but only 1 shower instead of 2 (the other is for the residence) Qatars business class is one of the best in the air and it looks to me like they paid more attention to J then to F. The fact they don't offer private suites will keep me off that bird. EK still wins AFAIC when it comes to the 380
Old Sep 17, 2014, 11:50 pm

Some hate it, some love it. You have to remember that Qatar run a completely different model to Emirates and Etihad. Why have an innovative F product that's only available on a few routes? Etihad and Emirates have F on most of their aircraft, Qatar has a lot less. Eventually, it will be only the A380 that has F on board, excluding intra-Gulf routes, which is just J sold as F. They're not just appearing to pay more attention to J than F, they actually are! Hence why there's only 8 F seats on the A380, whereas you have 14 F suites on EK.

I honestly believe that Qatar think that if you can afford the "Private Jet experience" that Emirates Suites and Etihad Residence offers, then you will actually hire a private jet. They'll want you to use one of their private jets from "Qatar Executive" too.
Old Sep 18, 2014, 12:28 am

Programs: OWS, *A G
Originally Posted by chinatraderjmr
Not impressed at all. EK clearly set the bar for the 380 with the private suites, lounge, showers, etc. Etihad looks like they have done a good job keeping up ith EK. In fact the suites look nicer but only 1 shower instead of 2 (the other is for the residence) Qatars business class is one of the best in the air and it looks to me like they paid more attention to J then to F. The fact they don't offer private suites will keep me off that bird. EK still wins AFAIC when it comes to the 380
Remembering from the EK boards, I believe you are amongst the few paying F pax, so your opinion should be observed. ^
QR opted not to maintain a F network but only have select routes carry the product and only to the West from Doha. My feeling (and recent observation on DOH/LHR route) is that huge majority of F customers are the rich Qataris and QR is satisfied with this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.