Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[NEWBIE LOUNGE] Ask your questions here. Flame free

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2017, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by robertr
Just querying why at Doha you must go through Transfer Security Screening & then another Security Screening at the gate DOH=SYD ?
Australia have stricter than average rules on bringing in things like liquids and foodstuffs, hence they have additional checks at the gate
Old Jun 11, 2017, 6:09 am

Programs: A3 *G, BAEC Gold
Got a question regarding the seat map. This morning I woke up with the MyFlights app telling me that the DOH-CPT and CPT-DOH departure (and arrival) time had been changed. Of course due to the recent evolutions in the region.

However I can't see the seat map anymore and when I'm doing a dummy booking of the same flights on the QR website I get the message that F/J cabin is full and that there's only availability in economy. Strangely enough after checking ExpertFlyer it's clear that there's still wide availability in J cabin Is this a bug or is there something else going on? It's the same for all my flights, so also the ones to and from DOH and my flights are in one week.
Old Jun 11, 2017, 6:28 am

BelgianTraveller this is standard procedure when there is an aircraft change. Usually it does not mean that the J cabin is full, just that QR want to keep control of seat allocation until they know exactly what the capacity of the new aircraft type will be. Come OLCI you will probably find that there are many seats to choose from!
Old Jun 11, 2017, 6:31 am

Programs: A3 *G, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by remdk
BelgianTraveller this is standard procedure when there is an aircraft change. Usually it does not mean that the J cabin is full, just that QR want to keep control of seat allocation until they know exactly what the capacity of the new aircraft type will be. Come OLCI you will probably find that there are many seats to choose from!
Alrightie, thanks for the quick answer. Looking forward where I'll end up then
Old Jun 15, 2017, 9:53 am

I have a fairly complex itinerary I am trying to book, which shows up fine on ITA, and I can somewhat get it to work the Qatar website, except when I press next after entering my name and phone number I just get an error in the booking saying the fare is unavailable.

Is there any point in trying to book this through a travel agent, or calling Qatar directly?
Old Jun 15, 2017, 10:16 am

easterlywinds welcome to the QR forum.

I have seen that message before when I try to include a non QR flight in the itinerary.

You probably need to contact QR or a TA. I personally have found that TAs are usually more expensive than QR especially when a non QR flight is involved.
TAs also have had the disadvantage that such things as seat selection has to be done via the TA until until such time as QR take control of the booking. This is often days before first flight.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 4:55 am

Programs: FB Platinum
is it possible to see what seats are available prior to confirmation of a booking? travelling with wife in J and would like to have two middle seats
Old Jun 16, 2017, 5:46 am

natcin welcome to the QR forum.

It is not possible on the QR website to see available seats before booking. However Expertflyer.com shows seats available as does a dummy booking using Expedia.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 7:26 am

Programs: FB Platinum
thanks for the tip!
Old Jun 16, 2017, 4:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
As someone who is relatively new to the wonders of QR, I'd appreciate a little advice on the following.

I have a business class award booking from FCO to ADL for next year and would like to change it to a different routing for August this year. As far as I can see I can't do this online, and have tried to contact QR by phone (from Australia) to get the change done manually.

Unfortunately, no one at the Indian call centre that the Aussie phone number gets to was able to help. They told me to ring a different number, but when I did this a recorded message said that the number was disconnected.

So I'm wondering how best to get this change done fairly quickly, so as to be able to access the new award availability that currently exists. Unfortunately I don't have enough miles for the new award without redepositing the miles from my existing booking.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 5:08 am
zsc

Programs: QR Silver / BA Silver
Hi guys. I made a dummy award booking on the 13th of June but did not manage to pay for it before the 14th, so it got cancelled. My Qmiles have not been refunded to my account - how long does QRPC take to return it to my account?

Also, slightly related, is there a way to check award availability for QRPC? I currently have 0 Qmiles so the calculator is not allowing me to view the available dates/flights.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 6:05 am

zsc contact Qr to try to reinstate the upgrade. The earlier the better.

Look at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/qatar...upgrade-1.html for how to check availability. Using the slider button to pay with Qmiles usually works even if you have zero points.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 9:23 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Is there a reason why on QR's web page I cannot book flights from US to Europe?

I know it's backtracking etc. but I was wondering why their web page wont display the tickets.
If I start in Washington, I can type any other place in the world except of European cities that QR servers.
Old Jun 17, 2017, 10:12 am

bwiadca you are perfectly correct about backtracking. You can actually book flights to some eastern European destinations such as Tbilisi online. If you really want to just about double your travel time then I am sure QR would sell you tickets but it would not be at the usual prices.QR do not publish prices because they do not have them prepared. They take time, money and other OW partners, such as AA, into account.

You cannot book IAD-GRU or IAD-BOS either!!
Old Jun 17, 2017, 1:48 pm

Programs: Meow Mix
Hi Guys,

QR newbie again. Any benefits of booking direct with QR over a 3rd party TA?

I know that TA is the first point of contact for any requests/changes until the ticket goes under airport/QR control. Is that the only disadvantage?

I am thinking of booking two flights - ARN-DOH-AKL return which prices as expected on the QR IBE but CDG-DOH-SYD departing next week is pricing at 4500 EUR when "gotogate" has the same flight for approx 3000 EUR.

Thank you for any insight!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.