Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Qatar Airways | Privilege Club
Reload this Page >

JFK Check-in counter- how early does it open before the flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2011, 12:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QR Gold, Marriott Gold Elite

I will be flying early January from JFK to DOH on J, does anyone know what is the earliest time possible I can check-in my bags at the QR counter before the 10PM flight?

Would be very helpful to know since I am trying to plan on what time I should fly into NYC on a seperate ticket.

Thanks all for your information.
Old Dec 10, 2011, 4:33 am

Programs: Privilege Club
4 hours before the departure
Old Dec 11, 2011, 8:40 pm

And bear in mind, its at Terminal 8, home of trAAsh.

Granted its the nicest terminal at JFK, because its the newest.

If you are flying business, you are entitled to use the flagship lounge. The QR 777 leaves at the gate right next to it.

In my experience, the counters never open earlier, as again, this is a contract station.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 9:01 pm

Programs: UA Gold, CO Plat, CO Million Miler
How late can you arrive at JFK?

Information needed. I'm flying JFK-DOH tomorrow night in Business. I've checked in online and received a confirmation saying to proceed to the check-in counters "no later than 120 minutes before departure" to have travel documents verified and bags checked-in. Really? 2 Hours. Most every TATL flight I've taken has a 60 minute check-in time and less if you've checked in on-line.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 10:39 pm

Does anyone have any recent update on this? Does it open 3 or 4 hours prior to departure time at JFK? I'm looking to get my bags checked in before going to global entry interview.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.