Search
Old Jun 4, 2013, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lost_in_translation
*Reboot as of February 2023 by lost_in_translation*

Information on QR lounge access across the globe, can be found here:

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...d-lounges.page

QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Bangkok (BKK) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Beirut Airport (BEY) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests. [NOTE: rules were previously that only QR passengers, including those with status, could access the BEY Premium Lounge. However, status passengers may now be directed to the MEA Cedar Lounge.]
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2012 as the first QR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Frequent Flyer Lounge: Opened in 2022 to supplement the existing LHR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Standard oneworld access rules apply (oneworld Sapphire members and above ticketing on oneworld flights plus guest, passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F are also eligible but may prefer to use the Premium Lounge).
The QR Paris (CDG) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Reopened February 2023 after COVID and awaiting first post-COVID report. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Singapore (SIN) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2020, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.

Former QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Dubai (DXB) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2016, located in Terminal 1. Not covered on the QR website but discussed on FT here. Currently closed long-term and unclear if it will reopen.

Information previously within this WIKI, has been moved to:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25682245-post354.html and will not be updated.

Information about general oneworld lounge access
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

Print Wikipost

Qatar Airways' lounges (outstation)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 19, 2024, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by saveri
Does QR provide lounge access in Delhi? Have a flight next month. The oneworld site shows access for BA, AY, CX & JL to the Encalm Prive lounge and is not updated to show AA who also have access. QR worldwide lounges site shows no lounge at Delhi. Any recent experience?
Responding to my own post with a data update. The Qatar lounge at DEL is the Encalm Prive lounge for business and elites. It is a superior lounge experience with access limited across the board to premium class travel and airline elites. Credit card and priority pass access is to the lounge also by Encalm without the Prive.
Neither the Qatar worldwide lounges site or the Oneworld lounges site has been updated to reveal this.
aphro likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 12:41 am

Originally Posted by RenTraveller
Any update on which lounge is used at AUH terminal A for QR regional F? The pearl lounge is accessible by Priority Pass also but shower is not free. If you access the pearl lounge using your QR F boarding pass would showers be free? Any experiences? thanks!
This "which lounge" question has been answered a few times in recent posts not too far up this thread. Yes QR use Pearl, here's a report:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35751902-post1213.html

No specific mentions of using the showers but if the lounge operator levies a fee then I would expect to have to pay.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 9:38 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
They didn't charge me for a shower when I used if, but it was only a day or two after it opened, so it may have been due to them not being "set up" to take payment. That was PP access.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 12:15 am

I’m arriving into cdg on AF economy then have about 5 hours before departing Qatar F. Do I need to enter France in order to access the QR F lounge?
Old Mar 22, 2024, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by pesos
I’m arriving into cdg on AF economy then have about 5 hours before departing Qatar F. Do I need to enter France in order to access the QR F lounge?
​​​​​​
What are your arrival and departure terminals?
Old Mar 22, 2024, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
​​​​​​
What are your arrival and departure terminals?
Ah, looks like I come into 2F and depart T1…
Old Mar 22, 2024, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Ah, looks like I come into 2F and depart T1…
I am fairly certain you need to enter France either way to make that connection. I don't think there is an airside way to move between the terminals.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
I am fairly certain you need to enter France either way to make that connection. I don't think there is an airside way to move between the terminals.
Got it - thanks!
Old Mar 22, 2024, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Got it - thanks!
Go through immigration, take the CDGVal inter terminal train to T1, and enter the terminal there. They are pretty much as far as it goes in CDG apart.
pesos likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 2:25 am

Hello~

Did QR still offering Plaza Premium First Lounge to those ex-HKG Biz/First customers?
Old Mar 29, 2024, 7:45 pm

Programs: Sindbad Gold, Etihad Guest Silver, Qatar Privilege Gold.
Phuket coral lounge experience

In Phuket (a pretty small airport) Qatar use the Coral Lounge. This is a very small lounge that is used by many other airlines and I think you can pay to access it.
At check in, I was assigned 2 (two) eager young gentlemen who whisked me through priority security and passport control, one carrying my bag and both delightful. I don't know if one was a trainee, but such enthusiasm! They took me to the door of the lounge - it is one room with a vaguely colonial decor. There is a tiny buffet (including a small amount of hot food) and coffee machine and coolers of drinks. It was extremely crowded, with an Emirates and other flights also at that time. Very noisy, clattery, people stretching across to use the limited sockets for charging. All seats and stools were full. Staff active but not hugely helpful. One strange amenity was a lovely lady offering shoulder/scalp massages at your seat! I availed and she was very good, although everyone stared at us😆
Overall, if you've had a longish journey to the airport and/or are hungry, it's ok. There are other spaces in the airport that are more relaxing.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 7:55 pm

Birmingham BHX Clubrooms experience

At Birmingham in UK Qatar use the Clubrooms. This is a commercial lounge that any passengers can pay to use, but I have not found it crowded. It is next to the dedicated Emirates lounge and close to the boarding gates. The lounge is divided into areas with screening and is decorated in dark woods, making it fairly calming. View of the apron from the windows, although all the blinds were down. It has sofa areas, dining area and one shared bathroom in the corner (BHX bathrooms are dreadful, as is much of the airport in general). Menu is a la carte, with morning or afternoon versions (morning had various breakfast options). Free bar with table service. Others had something sparkling, although champagne is the only paid for item. Decent wine options offered, decent coffee from a bean to cup machine. Mini buffet of snacks, including fresh scones + clotted cream - how English! Staff attentive and pleasant. Overall fairly pleasant start to a trip and significantly better than tolerating the awful airside melee of BHX where they seem to have removed almost all the seating and it is dark and crowded and noisy.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by aphro
In Phuket (a pretty small airport) Qatar use the Coral Lounge. This is a very small lounge that is used by many other airlines and I think you can pay to access it.
At check in, I was assigned 2 (two) eager young gentlemen who whisked me through priority security and passport control, one carrying my bag and both delightful. I don't know if one was a trainee, but such enthusiasm! They took me to the door of the lounge - it is one room with a vaguely colonial decor. There is a tiny buffet (including a small amount of hot food) and coffee machine and coolers of drinks. It was extremely crowded, with an Emirates and other flights also at that time. Very noisy, clattery, people stretching across to use the limited sockets for charging. All seats and stools were full. Staff active but not hugely helpful. One strange amenity was a lovely lady offering shoulder/scalp massages at your seat! I availed and she was very good, although everyone stared at us😆
Overall, if you've had a longish journey to the airport and/or are hungry, it's ok. There are other spaces in the airport that are more relaxing.
Been there many times. It is a small crap lounge that gets massively overcrowded in the evening.
It is better than nothing, but you will be happy to leave and get on the plane!
aphro likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 4:20 pm

Programs: QRPC Silver
Originally Posted by rickywk
Hello~

Did QR still offering Plaza Premium First Lounge to those ex-HKG Biz/First customers?
Flew a few days ago. Business and First passengers were offered Cathay lounges. Silver Y passengers were offered an apology that QR don’t have lounges available for them in HKG and were given 200HKD meal vouchers instead
aphro and rickywk like this.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 3:49 am

Kuala Lumpur lounge access

I'm flying J. At check in I was given a voucher for the Plaza Premium lounge in the main terminal. I said I wanted to go to the Golden Lounge, what's up? The gentleman leaned down conspiratorially and says, Yes you can, show them your boarding pass. I said Plaza Premium is not so nice. He said, Definitely, but they don't let me eat there! 😆 (PP is also a long way from the gate for our flight, including the bus)
In Golden Lounge, the food won't win any awards, but it's pleasant enough, spacious and I like to look at planes! You have to fetch your own alcoholic drinks from a room ("the bar" and the bartender laughed when I asked for a menu. I don't think he'll be making us any cocktails.
Global321 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.