Search
Old Jun 4, 2013, 1:53 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: lost_in_translation
*Reboot as of February 2023 by lost_in_translation*

Information on QR lounge access across the globe, can be found here:

http://www.qatarairways.com/global/e...d-lounges.page

QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Bangkok (BKK) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Beirut Airport (BEY) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests. [NOTE: rules were previously that only QR passengers, including those with status, could access the BEY Premium Lounge. However, status passengers may now be directed to the MEA Cedar Lounge.]
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2012 as the first QR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR London Heathrow (LHR) Frequent Flyer Lounge: Opened in 2022 to supplement the existing LHR Premium Lounge, located in Terminal 4. Standard oneworld access rules apply (oneworld Sapphire members and above ticketing on oneworld flights plus guest, passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F are also eligible but may prefer to use the Premium Lounge).
The QR Paris (CDG) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2018, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Reopened February 2023 after COVID and awaiting first post-COVID report. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.
The QR Singapore (SIN) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2020, located in Terminal 1. Covered on the QR website here and discussed on FT here. Access is restricted to departing passengers ticketed in oneworld J or F. Access is not permitted if flying on a QR Business Lite (P) fare. No guests.

Former QR-operated outstation lounges
The QR Dubai (DXB) Premium Lounge: Opened in 2016, located in Terminal 1. Not covered on the QR website but discussed on FT here. Currently closed long-term and unclear if it will reopen.

Information previously within this WIKI, has been moved to:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25682245-post354.html and will not be updated.

Information about general oneworld lounge access
https://www.oneworld.com/ffp/lounge-access

Print Wikipost

Qatar Airways' lounges (outstation)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2012, 11:17 am

Programs: United GS 2MM,, Marriott/Starwood Lifetime Platinum
2 current data points:
Frankfurt
I arrived in UA F-class with a 5-hour connection, so I went to the LH arrivals lounge (land side). Then I checked in at the QR business-class counter where no mention was made of a lounge, until I asked, and was told that I could access any LH business lounge, the nearest to my gate (B44) was the B pier lounge. It was just fine, not very crowded.
My colleague flew IAD-DOH and was given access to the Virgin Atlantic lounge in IAD, which I'm sure is quite cool.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 2:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Starbucks Gold, CO Op gold
Anyone know what lounge they use at Tokyo (NRT)? I did read somewhere that its the ANA lounge, but not sure.

I will be making this trip in mid February, so can definately confirm then.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 3:00 pm

Fyll i innehåll
Old Jan 26, 2012, 1:20 am

Programs: BA (Gold). Various other statuses
Originally Posted by SAN 1K
I realize this post is only 6 months old, but are there any more recent experiences in FRA? The original list on this thread says an LH lounge (but doesnt specify which), this post says Luxx, someone else posted Cathay Lounge on another thread.
As a transfer passenger, is there a Qatar transfer desk inside security where I can receive credentials? Or will I have to go land side?

We used the Luxx lounge at FRA at the weekend as we had to use a Priority Pass lounge but it does seem to be used by some airlines. It is probably one of the worst lounges I have been in; there are no screens, food is limited to nibbles and the red wine was dire. You're supposed to get 30 minutes free wifi but neither of us could get it to work. It is also landside which brings about its own problems - how far is the gate, how long to get through passport control and security? If you don't have access any other way you can pay €30 but I wouldn't bother.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 7:35 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Gold
Any one got anymore lounges to add to the list?
Old Mar 14, 2012, 1:32 am

I can now confirm in both KIX (Osaka) and NRT (Tokyo) both use the ANA Business Class lounges at their airports.

And in ICN (Seoul) they use the Asiana Business Class lounge
Old Mar 16, 2012, 3:17 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM (*G)
Sorry for digging out this one. Anyone with some up-to-date information regarding access in MNL?

F.R.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 7:03 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
I used that lounge 2 months back. Don't remember the name, but it's similar to any small service lounge in smaller airports. Free wi-fi, smoking room, some snacks and even one hot dish, soft + alcoholic drinks.

OK to spend 30-60 minutes before the flight to DOH.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 7:52 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Etihad Gold
Originally Posted by CAlex
I used that lounge 2 months back. Don't remember the name, but it's similar to any small service lounge in smaller airports. Free wi-fi, smoking room, some snacks and even one hot dish, soft + alcoholic drinks.

OK to spend 30-60 minutes before the flight to DOH.
Was it called Mabuhay Business Class Lounge
Old Mar 17, 2012, 2:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lightyear40
Was it called Mabuhay Business Class Lounge
It can't be the Mabuhay Lounge. The Mabuhay Lounge is only located in Terminal 2 and is exclusively for Philippine Airlines. QR flies out of Terminal 1 and must use the lounges there. I think someone had pictures in the Trip Report section before. Let's just put it this way - don't put your standards that high.
Old Mar 19, 2012, 1:17 pm

Programs: EBS, EY Gold Eite, EK Gold, QR Platinum, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Omar84
I can now confirm in both KIX (Osaka) and NRT (Tokyo) both use the ANA Business Class lounges at their airports.

And in ICN (Seoul) they use the Asiana Business Class lounge
And from my two visits to ICN so far this year I can confirm that is pretty good. The showers are well ventilated and equipped. As not the case in Oryx DOH...

But regarding Oryx DOH I must admit that it is not bad in general. It is quite spacious and has a good ambience. Even serve wine and beer if you ask. Not before 11 in the morning though...
Old Mar 21, 2012, 3:14 am

JNB

Johannesburg - Shongololo Lounge (Menzies)

Shongololo (shon-gah-lo-lo) is the local word for millipede

I was pleasantly surprised by the luxurious ambiance, great drink selection and most of all the inclusion of some very South African delicacies amongst the wide variety of food.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by fly_ebos
I have finally completed my long awaited trip Paris-Doha-Paris and can tell you that the lounge used in Paris is operated by Air France. It is called "La Première", meaning first, but is available to both business and first class.

The lounge is nothing special, it's even crap for a first class passenger. Access is via an elevator, you get out it wat seems to be a dodgy hallway.

The lounge is tiny, some alchohol is served, plenty of non-alcoholic drinks. Food offering are below standard: left over croissant from breakfast (at 1PM) and tiny sandwiches. Only positive I could find was the excellent working wifi.

Step up your game Qatari!

Do they have showers in the lounge??
Old Mar 31, 2012, 2:06 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
Club Manila Lounge

QR uses in Manila a lounge called "Club Manila". If has a smoking room, a non-smoking room and a computer room with desktops and work areas. Food and drinks are OK, I put together a good dinner before the flight to DOH, where I opted to sleep all-the-way.

In DOH I used the Gold lounge in Y terminal and actually found better food/drinks in Manila
Old May 8, 2012, 5:00 am

Just wanted to bump this too see if anyone had anymore additions to make

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.